General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Myrtle Beach bike week

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 01:54 PM
elPrez
Stellar HDF Member
Received 523 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by JimmyDee
Not totally true, at one time because of problems associated with the bike week that follows Harley Bike Week the city imposed news laws that would blanket both weeks. In doing so it appeared they were singling out Harley Week, which was not the case. The laws have since been lifted and the "I love you Harley biker banners are back out.
Good to know for future vacation plans

Old 04-04-2018, 02:09 PM
atl fahrer
Cruiser

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

We’ve attended the last 3 years and it’s gotten better each year. As far as rides go, it’s pretty flat, so not a lot of twisty’s. With that being said, the country side is beautiful and you can take advantage of some great backroad riding.

In addition the places listed above, we like Capt Archie’s and the Swing Bridge Saloon on the north side. On the south side and a little hard to find is Pawley’s Island Tavern.

Lots of restaurants in Murrel’s Inlet. Pretty good burgers and beach views at River City Cafe in Surfside.

Hope that helps.

Old 04-04-2018, 06:10 PM
jt metal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

So many thanks!!! I'm a planner going kinda last minute. Need to get a transport (I know) and air fair.
heading to Texas then turning east to n.c. It's too much for me. I'll be by myself.

Old 04-04-2018, 06:18 PM
atl fahrer
Cruiser

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Shoot me a PM if you’d like. We'll be down at our place Wednesday thru Sunday. Maybe we can meet up for a drink - iced tea, of course.

The following users liked this post:
jt metal (04-04-2018)
Old 04-04-2018, 06:21 PM
BigDawgQC
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Received 336 Likes on 184 Posts

It's coming back strong. Has been since 2012. You won't have any problems finding things to do. Murrell's Inlet, Barefoot Landing & North Myrtle Beach has things to do. By the way, the hotels, bars & restaurants NEVER wanted the bikers to leave. Just a boneheaded city council made some temporary stupid policy decisions. But it's great again..actually might be getting too crowded again. LOL. As long as you are not doing stupid ****, the LEO's are pretty laid back too. Enjoy & have a blast.

Old 04-04-2018, 06:21 PM
jt metal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by atl fahrer
Shoot me a PM if you’d like. We'll be down at our place Wednesday thru Sunday. Maybe we can meet up for a drink - iced tea, of course.
I'm counting on that......thank you.

Old 04-04-2018, 07:37 PM
motohaid
Road Master
Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

With close to 100 golf courses in and around Myrle Beach you better strap your clubs on your bike, NOT. The city council tried to stop the bikes because THEY felt bikes and bikers weren't the image THEY wanted to present because THEY see Myrtle Beach as ONLY for families. Well businesses were loosing a fortune during some of the best beach time of the year. The hell the businesses gave the city council is the reason it's getting better.

The following users liked this post:
4 inch pistons (04-04-2018)
Old 04-04-2018, 07:41 PM
REW13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 787 Likes on 652 Posts

Originally Posted by Hecklerboy
Places:
Suck, Bang, Blow
Beaver Bar
Spokes & Bones
Barefoot Landing (Vendors)
North Myrtle Beach Harley Davidson (Hundreds of new and used bikes to check out)

Eat:
Victoria's Diner (Breakfast)
Peaches Corner
Crabby Mikes
House of Blues
Cookout

Rides:
Not too many of these

I like to ride to Wilmington and tour the Battleship, NC
Ride to Charleston, SC
I also like to ride ocean blvd in the evening
Man you forgot Dicks.... Everyone needs to be insulted while you eat once in a while...

Old 04-05-2018, 07:32 AM
Hecklerboy
Road Warrior
Received 893 Likes on 387 Posts

Originally Posted by REW13
Man you forgot Dicks.... Everyone needs to be insulted while you eat once in a while...
I've never ate their. Could never get anyone to go. Maybe I can talk the crew into checking it out this year.
I also forgot about Ocean Annie's in North Myrtle. Nice ocean side bar for us older folks.

Old 04-05-2018, 07:38 AM
Hecklerboy
Road Warrior
Received 893 Likes on 387 Posts

Originally Posted by JimmyDee
Not totally true, at one time because of problems associated with the bike week that follows Harley Bike Week the city imposed new laws that would blanket both weeks. In doing so it appeared they were singling out Harley Week, which was not the case. The laws have since been lifted and the "I love you Harley biker banners are back out.
You are correct sir, it has gotten better over the past years. I just wish they would allow some vendors to setup at Broadway at the Beach and other locations in the city of Myrtle Beach.

Quick Reply: Myrtle Beach bike week