General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Touring Tires

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2018, 04:39 PM
Bonnie Storm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,225 Likes on 706 Posts

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
Bonnie, assuming that picture is the rear tire. It looks like you might be very aggressive on the throttle, starting out, even if you are not smoking it. Hard traction coorelates to wear. As well, it is more worn on the right side. Maybe alignment, or you are more aggressive coming out of right turns than left ones.
First, yes, that is my rear tire from a few years back.

My bike, the 2010 Street Glide has a cam on both sides of the axle to keep the rear wheel in alignment as well as for adjusting the belt tension. So most definitely not out of alignment. As for the rest, I don't believe I do jack rabbit starts, but heck, maybe I do and just don't realize it. The rest, I live for the twisties! I live in the mountains and the majority of my riding is in the mountains on the twisties and sweeping curves. But I do take the occasional long road trip on the 2 and 4 lane highways. On that tire I believe I also took about a 6 or 7,000 mile trip from the east coast to the left coast.

I ride like a girl, but certainly not like an old granny. If you can't stay on the right side of the yellow line and keep up, what good are y'all anyway. I do drag the floor boards a bit, both left and right, but never really considered myself an aggressive rider. Who knows, maybe I am! That could account for my lower mileage on these tires than y'all get.