General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

update on the exhaust ticket from Denver

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 09:32 AM
outfishin35
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default update on the exhaust ticket from Denver

Well my Dad went to court to resolve the ticket he received for unapproved exhaust. He rode his in to have the EPA dude inspect the exhaust also. He goes before the judge and pleads his case. Stating that he wasnt pulled over for any infractions other than to have the exhaust checked. He never heard of such laws targeting Harleys before and was in shock. He showed the judge his receipt for new stock exaust and the news paper cliping of him and his buddy replacing it. The judge said she would throw the case out apon the EPA guy's inspection of the exhaust. So down they go to inspect the exhaust, The EPA guy says yep your bike passes....But I will object on the judge throwing out the case....I will insist on a one year suspened fine and court costs...My dad goes what! The EPA guy goes its my job to object, The ole man tells him don't get too used to harassing Harley owners, it didn't fly in New Mexico it won't last long here either....So now he has to go back to court in 30 more days to get this all settled.....which is crap when it should have been taken care of yesterday.....court costs will cost him about$45 for each visit to court too...Theres a big ralley being held in Denver in early July to rasie money to fight this law in court. He will be there thats for sure....

Old 06-21-2007, 10:30 AM
BeavisRules
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: update on the exhaust ticket from Denver

Keep us posted on the details of the rally. I will squeeze it into my schedule and ride up from the Springs.

Old 06-21-2007, 11:18 AM
Big Sled
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 8,055 Likes on 4,214 Posts

Freeking goofy to have to go through one more hassle like that. An "EPA guy" is not a judge. The judge is the judge and only thing he asked of the EPA guy was to verify the new exhaust? And the EPA guy wants to change the judge's decision? It's not printable what I would suggest for attitudinal correction therapy be for the EPA guy.

By the way... it's not Fed EPA involved here is it? Something is quite odd with all this.

Old 06-21-2007, 11:52 AM
Brackneyc
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Beginning to sound more and more like this law is about anything "other" than noise abatement. It is (and I hate to use this term) looking like nothing more than a revenue generator. Best thing to do, imo,is keep thepipes, and be careful in the bad areas. There are simply not enough cops to effectively police this issue. Many communities have tried (mine included) to enforce noise ordinances, and most have been unsuccessful. I do not embrace ridiculous behavior concerning noise, but a poorly written and poorly enforced law is just the other side of the same coin.

Old 06-21-2007, 12:00 PM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How the heck can we have a rally in Denver for the new noise law the first part of July when the law passes July 1st. The cops will be licking their chops. Why don't we do it June 28th or 29th?

Old 06-21-2007, 12:29 PM
BadBobOk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Big Sled

It's not printable what I would suggest for attitudinal correction therapy be for the EPA guy.
Install a big bore baffle in his *** perhaps?

Old 06-21-2007, 02:01 PM
Big Sled
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 8,055 Likes on 4,214 Posts

Hah, and then HE WOULD get arrested every time he back fired[:'(]!
ORIGINAL: BadBobOk

ORIGINAL: Big Sled

It's not printable what I would suggest for attitudinal correction therapy be for the EPA guy.
Install a big bore baffle in his *** perhaps?

Old 06-21-2007, 03:14 PM
edilgdaor
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,496 Likes on 3,312 Posts

The EPA is ABOVE the law. They can do anything they want, whether it makes sense or not, and we don't get to vote about it or vote the EPA'ers out of office.

And they're going to do everything they can to inflate their budgets.

Old 06-21-2007, 03:19 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

And I thought getting a fix it ticket for exhasut in CA sucked. I paid the $10 inspection fee and switched to my stock exhaust. Got it signed off and went home and put onmy new v and h exhaust I bought. Sorry to hear about that bs there...

Old 06-21-2007, 03:44 PM
King FLH
Road Captain
Received 38 Likes on 13 Posts

You think the Evil Protection Agency is bad now, wait till the sheeple vote for that dyke bitch billary come '08. The epa will be handing Harley owners their a$$ on a daily basis. This has to be stopped.

Quick Reply: update on the exhaust ticket from Denver