General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trailer with RV

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 10:59 PM
dceggert
Road Master
Received 512 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Bogie_71
Yeah, yeah, I know, trailering is bullshit. Now that we have that out of the way, if it was up to me I would just ride around the country solo, but the wife has other ideas.

Thing is my wife is disabled and can't do long rides (with max comfort mods she is good for about an hour or two), but she really wants to do the RV thing. I can't sell her on the toyhauler (Motorhome style is too big for our driveway plus $$$, and for a trailer style toyhauler I would have to buy a truck which also puts us out of the budget).

Anyways I got to thinking if we're out there, rather than tow a car I could tow my bike and I could still get to do some cool rides at least. All the MH I looked at have enough towing capacity for the bike (or a small car) so I am not worried about that. We'll be getting a Class C (about 24 or 25').

I was looking at
https://www.kendonusa.com/product/si...cycle-trailer/
or
https://www.stingertrailer.com/produ...xl-112-inches/

for the Road King. I'll be doing all the work myself. It looks like too much extra work to get a lift on a Class C, so it will have to be a trailer. I thought about enclosed trailer but my driveway will already be tight with a MH in it, plus the kids will never move out of the house so we have all those cars as well.

Basically looking for general advice, gotchas, or anything else before spending money.

Thanks!
Pondering exactly the same scenario. I have been looking here....https://theusatrailerstore.com/motorcycle-trailers/ as an alternative to Kendon.

I already have the RV, and I do not want to pay to store a trailer so, yes, I am considering a stand up. I have also seen car dollies with a bike platform to haul both, a platform with a swivel wheel (not a trailer), and hitch mount front wheel haulers. Lots of crazy things out there. I even saw a trailer with an overhead rack to haul the kayaks!

The gateways to fun are endless.

Old 03-17-2018, 12:14 AM
Mallard Slayer
Road Warrior
Received 4,192 Likes on 1,130 Posts

I work construction and end up away from home most of the summer so here is how I take my Harley with me and have a good place for it to be out of the elements while working, but have it with to unwind my brain in the evenings after a long day

Old 03-17-2018, 08:11 AM
StoneTrekker
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,980 Likes on 955 Posts

^^Heck of a towing rig right there!^^ Bet that's a blast to back into a campsite.

Old 03-17-2018, 08:29 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,244 Likes on 1,851 Posts

Originally Posted by Mallard Slayer
I work construction and end up away from home most of the summer so here is how I take my Harley with me and have a good place for it to be out of the elements while working, but have it with to unwind my brain in the evenings after a long day
I was originally looking at that route when I had my 5th wheel. Problem is that here in the northeast, tandem towing like that is only allowed in very few areas so I would have a hard time getting around.

Old 03-17-2018, 11:10 AM
mjrfd99
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,772 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Did my share of tents and wet sleeping bags. Then came the family.
RV and M/C--Best way to see the country with the family. We've been all over-months at a time.
I've been known to share the dry garage in this with the "I never trailer" crowd when they come in soaking wet.

Attached Thumbnails Trailer with RV-th-9-9-15-2.jpg  
Old 03-18-2018, 04:29 PM
gja
Road Captain
Received 99 Likes on 49 Posts

An enclosed trailer also works great for a camper if (when) Momma gets mad

Last edited by gja; 03-18-2018 at 04:33 PM.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:59 PM
White Ice
Stellar HDF Member
Received 421 Likes on 191 Posts

I went with this Aluma MC10. $2100 new. It's less than 500lbs. A typical 6x12 single axle enclosed trailer is 1500lbs. I pull it with a 23' Class B+ MH. It doesn't get any dirtier than when I ride it. As for security - during the day it's rolling down the hwy attached to the MH. At night it's in the campground attached to the MH. We did 5000+ miles like this last summer with no issues, from AZ to PA & NY and back through MN to SD.