Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just a heads up for anyone around Daytona/Ormond Beach Area

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 08:00 PM
Bestrafen
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 519 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by todd493
Wasn't ready to face the crowds over the weekend, so we hung out @Finns in Flagler. The police there were pulling folks over for not stopping for pedestrians in the crosswalk & keeping busy doing so. Headed over to Bunnell for eats, Love me some State St. diner. May head down to Robison's for the Biltwell Bash Friday, I guess Joe's calling it a career & retiring.
There are about a half dozen cops in Flagler beach, and that crosswalk in front of the pier is one of their 3 favorite spots to nab you, the other 2 spots are at the base of the bridge on both sides.
State street diner is a great place for breakfast, and just up the street is the bantam chef for lunch, with their MASSIVE flounder fish sammich!

Speaking of Robison retiring and moving his shop, this is the last year of any vendors on Beach Street, and Carl's speed shop is closing down as well and retiring.

Old 03-13-2018, 08:08 PM
tpitman
Cruiser
Received 50 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by todd493
Wasn't ready to face the crowds over the weekend, so we hung out @Finns in Flagler. The police there were pulling folks over for not stopping for pedestrians in the crosswalk & keeping busy doing so. Headed over to Bunnell for eats, Love me some State St. diner. May head down to Robison's for the Biltwell Bash Friday, I guess Joe's calling it a career & retiring.
I think they're moving to a new location. His grandson runs it now. I stopped by there last Biketoberfest and Joe was there. Talked with him for a few about the old franchisee in Orlando where I'd bought my bike in '87 and how everything had gone corporate as opposed to the small, family-owned shops like his and Dick Farmer's in O-Town. You might want to stop by Carl's Speed Shop on Beach Street while you're there. He is retiring. Had a '85 Ironhead with less than 5000 miles on it for $4500. Got a shirt and had Carl autograph it. Told him I retired last year. He asked me what I was doing. I said "nothin'" . . .