Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just a heads up for anyone around Daytona/Ormond Beach Area

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 12:29 PM
Bestrafen
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 519 Likes on 268 Posts

Originally Posted by Wowser

Always makes me wonder what the draw is.
It's what you make of it. I have a great time.
I've been present at almost all the events since the 60's, I grew up with them.

I learned in 1980 if you draw attention to yourself and do dumbass things during the events it will cost you. I received 3 reckless driving citations and lost my drivers license for a year all in one stop on Main Street during Bike Week.

Stopped the dumb ****, and haven't been pulled over again. See how that works?

Old 03-11-2018, 07:40 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter

Received 4,705 Likes on 2,516 Posts

A few years back the residents of Daytona/Daytona Beach complained to the city council about the motorcyclists in their town. That hammer came down pretty hard. So the bikers went, north, to Ormond area. Same reason why Rossmeyer's went to where the action was. Well now I bet the folks in Volusia county are pulling the same crap and Flagler County has caught on. I almost bet the "Loop" will be closed bikers in the near future. I do not condone running red lights. Debary loves the income the the bike week brings in. Daytona/D.B. is catering to a family setting from the WDW tourists coming up from Orlando. My BIL got a ticket for exhaust too loud. He lives between Orlando and Daytona but was rapping his pipes at a stop with the cops sitting in a parking lot. One just has to behave a little to enjoy the week or go home with sour memories.

Old 03-11-2018, 08:33 PM
mo cajun
Road Captain
Received 134 Likes on 83 Posts

This is my first trip to Daytona and yes I trailed, not going to chance riding home in snow and ice
Traffic is crazy but dosn’t Compare to Stugis. My issue was being Charged $7 to ****ing park my my bike off Main Street,

Old 03-11-2018, 09:29 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 297 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by nobodyknowsme
Really Bro, another seat? DANG!!!!

Not my idea! Judy was looking at the Corbin site. (What the hell was she doing there?) Then she started talking about the Fire&Ic set. Starts telling me her *** gets hot in the summer. You know the drill. Gonna try out the new seat, if it sits as good as the present Dual Tour then most likely I'll be selling it. Never thought she would be looking up Harley parts.

Old 03-12-2018, 04:58 AM
Hammerhead Pat
Stellar HDF Member
Received 960 Likes on 569 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytona Fat Boy
Went through that area around 4pm. Cop pulled over a trike that was headed north on US1 & ran the red light at I-95. City of Bunnell, about 10 miles north of Destination Daytona is tough too. Unmarked cop cars in the median strip both north and south of town.

On a more positive note, the city of DeLand had a big crowd for their annual Bike Day. They do it up right and the crowds keep growing every year. Restaurants were jammin'. Employees were all smiles. Unlike Daytona, DeLand closes down the main drag to motorcycles only, and bikes are parked on both sides and also down the middle of the street.

The Speedway was busy, but they need some organization when it comes to the parking situation. Harley had a giant display & a good show with some young guys doing tricks on Sportsters. Demo rides looked busy. Indian had a fairly small presence, as they were sharing an area with Sling Shot, but their demo rides seemed busy & Sling Shot was giving fast rides with spin outs and screeching tires. If I had to bet, Custom Dynamics was the busiest vendor there.
Was there Saturday. It appeared they were only letting bikes in/out at one spot( duh). My buddy got some lights put on at the Ciri booth, NICE stuff!!!

Old 03-13-2018, 03:22 PM
GREENOHAWK69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 574 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by Bestrafen

I received 3 reckless driving citations and lost my drivers license for a year all in one stop on Main Street during Bike Week.

Impressive.

Old 03-13-2018, 03:39 PM
rickb
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just got back. I thought the crowds were smaller this year. The crowd at the super X race was smaller for sure. Still had a good time bands,beer and *******.

Old 03-13-2018, 03:48 PM
tmultra
Road Warrior
Received 593 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by rickb
Just got back. I thought the crowds were smaller this year. The crowd at the super X race was smaller for sure. Still had a good time bands,beer and *******.
Where are these ******* you speak of?

Old 03-13-2018, 05:55 PM
2goldens
HDF Community Team
Received 315 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by tmultra
Where are these ******* you speak of?
During the rest of the time when bike week is over, you used to be able to see them at the Kick Start on occasion. I don't even know if that place is open this year.

Old 03-13-2018, 07:05 PM
todd493
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wasn't ready to face the crowds over the weekend, so we hung out @Finns in Flagler. The police there were pulling folks over for not stopping for pedestrians in the crosswalk & keeping busy doing so. Headed over to Bunnell for eats, Love me some State St. diner. May head down to Robison's for the Biltwell Bash Friday, I guess Joe's calling it a career & retiring.

Quick Reply: Just a heads up for anyone around Daytona/Ormond Beach Area