Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just a heads up for anyone around Daytona/Ormond Beach Area

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 07:15 PM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts

Was down a few years ago and one of my guys had his tire barely over a yellow parking line and got a ticket... Just sayin...Think twice where you park....if you care...

Old 03-10-2018, 08:43 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 297 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by FatboysFatboy96
They are not being pulled over for speeding I was there today and traffic was at a standstill.
True! Big jams the area between Rossmeyers any Iron
Horse. I'm sure some were for running the stop light coming offI95. Just saying to be careful as there were more cops there than I have ever seen before. Just trying to give a heads up.

Old 03-11-2018, 07:09 AM
2goldens
HDF Community Team
Received 315 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by Hey Man
The revenue collection has begun. You have to remember that Daytona is pretty much a ghost town unless there's an event happening so the events are when the locals have to make their money. Hence the price gouging - inflated hotel rates, food and drink prices among other rip-offs. Not to mention traffic citations and other infractions. It's how the city pays for sanitation, additional police coverage, increase in sewage disposal costs on and on ad nauseam.

So no, ain't nobody gettin' any breaks for anything. Anyway that's always been my experience.
I'm leaving for there on 3/18. We rent a house in Ormond every year, after bike week is gone. The older I get, the more I hate crowds. I like walking into the Beaver Bar for breakfast on Sunday mornings without elbowing my way through or scrambling to get a seat.

Last edited by 2goldens; 03-11-2018 at 07:11 AM.
Old 03-11-2018, 07:16 AM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by 2goldens
I'm leaving for there on 3/18. We rent a house in Ormond every year, after bike week is gone. The older I get, the more I hate crowds. I like walking into the Beaver Bar for breakfast on Sunday mornings without elbowing my way through or scrambling to get a seat.
The week after bike week?....I would think the smell of spilled stale beer,barf on the streets ECT would be overwhelming....
Oh wait...Its not sturgis....

Old 03-11-2018, 07:18 AM
2goldens
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by riteway

The week after bike week?....I would think the smell of spilled stale beer,barf on the streets ECT would be overwhelming....
Oh wait...Its not sturgis....
I think this is year 9 for me. Usually we do last week of March/1st week of April but we're a little early this year.
I'm not worried about it. We don't hit Main St. that much anyway. Maybe a couple at Dirty Harry's & Main St. Station. Walden's is my favorite little dive.

Last edited by 2goldens; 03-11-2018 at 07:20 AM.
Old 03-11-2018, 07:51 AM
Bestrafen
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 519 Likes on 268 Posts

Walden's is my favorite little dive.
Shhhh, nobody needs to know that little secret place.

The following users liked this post:
2goldens (03-11-2018)
Old 03-11-2018, 07:53 AM
Bestrafen
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 519 Likes on 268 Posts

I've never gone for Sunday breakfast and it wasn't wall to wall crowded. Tough to find a seat any Sunday of the year. You must get there really early.

Old 03-11-2018, 08:42 AM
2goldens
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by Bestrafen
I've never gone for Sunday breakfast and it wasn't wall to wall crowded. Tough to find a seat any Sunday of the year. You must get there really early.
Yeah, we usually do try to get right there upon opening. Last time it was a little cool that morning. Got a seat on the porch but had to eat quick before it got cold!
I see you're in Palm Coast. I've got a good friend in Bunnell with quite an underground utilities/land clearing business. We spend a little time over that way at the Bimini and Finn's in Flagler.

Last edited by 2goldens; 03-11-2018 at 09:37 AM.
Old 03-11-2018, 10:30 AM
Wowser
Road Warrior
Received 424 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Hey Man
The revenue collection has begun. You have to remember that Daytona is pretty much a ghost town unless there's an event happening so the events are when the locals have to make their money. Hence the price gouging - inflated hotel rates, food and drink prices among other rip-offs. Not to mention traffic citations and other infractions. It's how the city pays for sanitation, additional police coverage, increase in sewage disposal costs on and on ad nauseam.

So no, ain't nobody gettin' any breaks for anything. Anyway that's always been my experience.
Always makes me wonder what the draw is.

Old 03-11-2018, 10:36 AM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,667 Likes on 6,425 Posts

Really Bro, another seat? DANG!!!!

Quick Reply: Just a heads up for anyone around Daytona/Ormond Beach Area