General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

softail custom leaning to the left

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 10:25 AM
dayv
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: softail custom leaning to the left

I have got $22000 with all the extras in my bike. New front end a lot of chrome new bars lowering kit chrome swing arm forward controls new pegs braided cables and chrome wheels that is why I am a little upset that the bike leans to the left.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:22 PM
darkside
Banned

Take the bike to someone that knows what they're doing.Sounds like the rear tire isn't lined up properly or the front end is out of whack some.My bike did the same thing and after spending some time adjusting the way the rear tire tracks I can let go of the bars, lock the throttle and the bike tracks dead straight for as long as I want to ride like that.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:27 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: dayv

I have got $22000 with all the extras in my bike. New front end a lot of chrome new bars lowering kit chrome swing arm forward controls new pegs braided cables and chrome wheels that is why I am a little upset that the bike leans to the left.
What with all that chrome, you may want to try adding a fully loadedchrome toolbox on the right side to even things out!

Old 06-21-2007, 08:41 PM
Sam
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: TxHarleyGuy2007

What with all that chrome, you may want to try adding a fully loadedchrome toolbox on the right side to even things out!
........or just carry about 20 lbs of change in your right pocket

Old 06-21-2007, 09:15 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

This does not make sense to me. Is my brain not working? My ST leans way left when on the kickstand but if it leans left while riding I am going around in circles. WTF, I don't understand.

Old 06-21-2007, 09:36 PM
easyglider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Sam

ORIGINAL: TxHarleyGuy2007

........or just carry about 20 lbs of change in your right pocket
Alot of bar hoppin will help.You'll lean a little automatically and couple that with the quarters you'll put in your right pocket and problem solved.

Old 06-24-2007, 05:41 PM
dayv
3rd Gear

Very funny stuff, sorry I don't that’s going to help but funny none the less

Old 06-24-2007, 06:07 PM
Kikilee
Tourer

Couldn't agree more with Darkside. I would be willing to bet the rear tire is not aligned. Mine was tracking to the left until I aligned the rear tire. Now it istracks straight ascan be.

ORIGINAL: darkside

Take the bike to someone that knows what they're doing.Sounds like the rear tire isn't lined up properly or the front end is out of whack some.My bike did the same thing and after spending some time adjusting the way the rear tire tracks I can let go of the bars, lock the throttle and the bike tracks dead straight for as long as I want to ride like that.

Old 06-24-2007, 10:10 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

He did not say that it tracks to the left. He said that it leans to the left. The guy probably has a serious drinking problem and should not be riding at all. No two wheel bike remains vertical without an outside force. Let go of your bike and it will lean left or right until it hits the ground. If it leans while you are riding it will go in circles, this is the inherent design. I still do not understand what the problem is. You cannot go straight down the highway leaning unless you are leaning into a strong crosswind. There is a certain amount of simple physics involved here.

Old 06-24-2007, 10:26 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,856 Likes on 1,602 Posts

What he is saying that it takes a little steering input to keep the bike running straight down the road. Seen it a bunch of times.
Everytime it was an improperly aligned rear tire.

lp

ORIGINAL: txfxstrider

He did not say that it tracks to the left. He said that it leans to the left. The guy probably has a serious drinking problem and should not be riding at all. No two wheel bike remains vertical without an outside force. Let go of your bike and it will lean left or right until it hits the ground. If it leans while you are riding it will go in circles, this is the inherent design. I still do not understand what the problem is. You cannot go straight down the highway leaning unless you are leaning into a strong crosswind. There is a certain amount of simple physics involved here.

Quick Reply: softail custom leaning to the left