General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding in the relaxed position.

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2018 | 01:00 PM
J_MOSH
Road Warrior
Received 935 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyD1929

I am not trying to be a safety ****, I just offered my opinion..

Wasn't directed at you bud. Kind of a blanket statement. When the riding is rough or twisty I ride two handed. If I'm on say a rural route whatever and its easy riding I like to pull a hand off. Sometimes its just for comfort, sometimes I'm fiddling with something, a lot of times I'll rest my hand on my lady's knee or thigh and give her a little squeeze. Typicaly I reserve no handed riding for long highway runs were I can count on decent roads. Yah I know... But the unexpected!!! I'm still watching the road. Just dropping my arms down to cut fatigue in hands, shoulders and back. And on that note I've blasted from Worcester mass to Watkins glen new York in the dead of night making a game of it. Hands on the bars for exits and such but..... Can I get the whole way with no hands? Yup.

The following users liked this post:
HarleyD1929 (02-23-2018)
Old 02-23-2018 | 01:37 PM
HarleyD1929
Tourer
Received 174 Likes on 92 Posts

Take care and enjoy riding.. I did things on dirt bikes and atvs that I shouldn't have done, even just a couple years ago and I'll be 55 this year, but that's what they're made for.. And yes it hurts... ��

Old 02-23-2018 | 02:49 PM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member
Received 553 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by J_MOSH
Who cares how anybody else rides. I'm guilty of riding one handed or no handed on long stretches. When I know when I'm heading out for a 5-6 or more hour ride to get where the hell I'm going and times an issue I can't stop and stretch every hour or so I try and stay ahead of getting sore by moving around whenever I can. If the guy can't control his bike and is making you nervous just steer clear. No need to make a big stink and come across like a reflective vest wearing safety ****. Ride your ride and let others ride theirs.
I would care if you rode like a jack hole and endangered eveyone around you.