Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cheap Ebay VS Arlen Ness parts

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 12:56 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,642 Likes on 3,061 Posts

and guess what in court they had to pay for my chip frame
You actually went to court over a paint chip???

Old 02-15-2018, 01:00 PM
not_so_newb
Elite HDF Member
Received 823 Likes on 478 Posts

my guess is Ness gets them made in China and somebody in the factory made a few extra copies and sold them to a cousin in New Jersey . wouldn't be the first time it happened

Old 02-15-2018, 01:08 PM
DRBUICK
Road Master
Received 323 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
You actually went to court over a paint chip???
Yes bike has 200 miles on it at the time and tech chipped my frame and covered it with a sharpie

Old 02-15-2018, 02:14 PM
Cygnusx51
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,649 Likes on 1,077 Posts

Originally Posted by DRBUICK
QUESTION IS IT COUNTERFIT OR THE SAME PART THATS THE QUESTION
Well, considering the eBay listing says that they are unbranded, then show up with the Ness symbol (or a close copy of the symbol) on them, I’d say they’re a counterfeit item. You know, a fake being passed off as the real thing. Really didn’t think it was a hard question to answer.

Old 02-15-2018, 03:50 PM
Steve@arlenness.com
Stage III
Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Knock off Parts

Hello everyone my name is Steve Watkins and I'm the Sales Manager at Arlen Ness Motorcycles. We're very aware of this situation of our products being knocked off. Like someone mentioned below you can find knockoffs of almost any relevant brand in any industry.
It's disappointing to see so many "bikers" not support the industry we put our blood sweat and tears into. We employee sixty people and travel to dozens of motorcycle events throughout the year. Remember the more money you take away from the industry the less likely these events will continue to be around for you to enjoy.

We've replaced a lot of these items for customers with our products after they have had their defects. Some of the defects we have seen are
* Black anodizing turning gold.
* Floorboard rubbers falling out within miles of riding
* Floorboard mount brackets breaking (from cheaper grade aluminum)
* Splines Stripping out on the heel/toe and locking up on the freeway.
If you purchase the knockoffs and don't have any issues consider yourself the lucky ones.

We understand the temptation to save the money, but do yourself a favor for your own safety and buy legitimate items. If you have any question about the legitimacy of the products you'd like to purchase please feel free to reach out. Unlike the companies that knock us off we have staff here to help you along the way with your bike Mon-Friday 7am-4pm PST

Sales Office (anyone here can help)
925-479-6350

Steve Watkins

Attached Thumbnails Cheap Ebay VS Arlen Ness parts-knockoff1.jpg   Cheap Ebay VS Arlen Ness parts-knockoff2.jpg  
The following 5 users liked this post by Steve@arlenness.com:
BelchFire (01-15-2021), Clint44 (01-26-2021), GREENOHAWK69 (01-15-2021), Highwaymans (01-15-2021), Larry the Landlord (01-17-2021)
Old 02-15-2018, 05:15 PM
Steve@arlenness.com
Stage III
Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello everyone my name is Steve Watkins and I'm the Sales Manager at Arlen Ness Motorcycles. We're very aware of this situation of our products being knocked off. Like someone mentioned below you can find knockoffs of almost any relevant brand in any industry.
It's disappointing to see so many "bikers" not support the industry we put our blood sweat and tears into. We employee sixty people and travel to dozens of motorcycle events throughout the year. Remember the more money you take away from the industry the less likely these events will continue to be around for you to enjoy.

We've replaced a lot of these items for customers with our products after they have had their defects. Some of the defects we have seen are
* Black anodizing turning gold.
* Floorboard rubbers falling out within miles of riding
* Floorboard mount brackets breaking (from cheaper grade aluminum)
* Splines Stripping out on the heel/toe and locking up on the freeway.
If you purchase the knockoffs and don't have any issues consider yourself the lucky ones.

We understand the temptation to save the money, but do yourself a favor for your own safety and buy legitimate items. If you have any question about the legitimacy of the products you'd like to purchase please feel free to reach out. Unlike the companies that knock us off we have staff here to help you along the way with your bike Mon-Friday 7am-3:30pm PST

Sales Office (anyone here can help)
925-479-6350

Steve Watkins

Close up of rubbers coming off

Anodize turned gold color

The following 4 users liked this post by Steve@arlenness.com:
ew25950 (02-15-2018), GREENOHAWK69 (01-15-2021), not_so_newb (02-15-2018), on3wego (02-16-2018)
Old 02-15-2018, 05:16 PM
DRBUICK
Road Master
Received 323 Likes on 202 Posts

On and look great for perfect

Old 02-15-2018, 05:52 PM
BikerPepe`
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,928 Likes on 1,365 Posts

Got scammed on a knock-off set of WildOne Inc. bars in the past. After 1 season of riding, I found the KO bars had 4 cracks, one on each corner of the hole for internal wires.

Thinking I had purchased the real deal, I got ahold of WildOnes and because I'd bought a set direct in the past, they swapped 'em out for me, no hassle. A little time passes and they contact me to let me know that I sent them a set of knock-offs and they explain the issue with sympathy and tact. I paid them off for the proper set immediately and everyone was happy.

Thank god I found the cracks in the bars though. Had I been 1/2 way to Sturgis and my bars broke on the road, I could have been stranded or possibly even died.

I'm not a big guy for Arlen Ness products... too sharp & jagged designs for my taste but I'll agree with the rep 1000%. You get what you pay for and if it's your *** on the line, do you really want to save a few bucks at the risk of catastrophic failure out there on the road? I've already lost enough parts of me in previous, legit accidents. I'll pass on the cheap knock-off deals. To each their own... not this cheap, broke bastard. I'll scrimp, save and wait for quality parts.

The following 3 users liked this post by BikerPepe`:
GREENOHAWK69 (01-15-2021), Larry the Landlord (01-17-2021), Steve@arlenness.com (02-20-2018)
Old 02-15-2018, 05:56 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,666 Likes on 6,425 Posts

I don't pay for the over priced names with huge egos. AN, PM, the list goes on. I look for the best value.

The following users liked this post:
Eric Helland (01-14-2021)
Old 02-15-2018, 05:59 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,666 Likes on 6,425 Posts

Originally Posted by BikerPepe`
Got scammed on a knock-off set of WildOne Inc. bars in the past. After 1 season of riding, I found the KO bars had 4 cracks, one on each corner of the hole for internal wires.

Thinking I had purchased the real deal, I got ahold of WildOnes and because I'd bought a set direct in the past, they swapped 'em out for me, no hassle. A little time passes and they contact me to let me know that I sent them a set of knock-offs and they explain the issue with sympathy and tact. I paid them off for the proper set immediately and everyone was happy.

Thank god I found the cracks in the bars though. Had I been 1/2 way to Sturgis and my bars broke on the road, I could have been stranded or possibly even died.

I'm not a big guy for Arlen Ness products... too sharp & jagged designs for my taste but I'll agree with the rep 1000%. You get what you pay for and if it's your *** on the line, do you really want to save a few bucks at the risk of catastrophic failure out there on the road? I've already lost enough parts of me in previous, legit accidents. I'll pass on the cheap knock-off deals. To each their own... not this cheap, broke bastard. I'll scrimp, save and wait for quality parts.
I had the same thing happen with actual WO bars only 1 serious crack right in the middle but was my own fault for not using the suggested one piece top clamp.

The following users liked this post:
BikerPepe` (02-15-2018)

Quick Reply: Cheap Ebay VS Arlen Ness parts