General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who bought non HD jacket and added patches. Send Pics.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 08:09 AM
beanoboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 814 Likes on 498 Posts

Originally Posted by hellonewman
Are the cows from China too? We all know the reason things are made over there, the lazy whining north americans expect a 6 figure salary to sew them together and call in sick on sunny days eventually claiming an injury that lets them sit at home and get paid instead. If the stuff was made here to satisfy the patriotic they would complain its too expensive and not buy it, sounds like China is their only option.
Yeah, far better to have a bunch of 6 yr. old kids sitting in a sweat shop earning a cup of rice for a days work !...b.

Old 01-25-2018, 08:17 AM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,331 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Originally Posted by matthew6279
So I guess no one on here buys a Harley leather jacket. Interesting I see so many people wearing them.
Nope...not me.

Old 01-25-2018, 08:42 AM
Bonnie Storm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,225 Likes on 706 Posts

Are the cows from China too? We all know the reason things are made over there, the lazy whining north americans expect a 6 figure salary to sew them together and call in sick on sunny days eventually claiming an injury that lets them sit at home and get paid instead. If the stuff was made here to satisfy the patriotic they would complain its too expensive and not buy it, sounds like China is their only option.
It doesn't matter where the cows come from. My point is the stealerships charge more than American made while using the cheapest labor they can find. At present it's China! More often than not the quality of the item suffers. When American manufacturers farm out work that belongs in the United States, it's because the wages they pay foreign workers is substantially less that what they would have to pay here. That means instead of paying say $10 an hour here, they pay maybe 25 cents an hour there. So from pure economics it costs them less to ship the hides to countries like China along with paying them a measly 25 cents an hour. Then add the finished product and shipping back to the US. It's all because of Greed, how much money the MoCo can put their greedy little hands on. It's all about profit! Why pay a mid to low 5 figure salary (which is what most Americans make, not 6) when they can get away with paying a low 4 figure salary by farming everything out to some foreign country.

I buy whatever I need and will opt to pay the higher price if it is made here in America because I know it is a quality item and it helps keep jobs here. But don't shove garbage down my throat and expect me to pay top dollar because it is branded with an American name like Harley Davidson yet made in China.

As for your other comment about lazy. I would bet I could outwork better than half of the men in Canada including you. But then I'm a country girl and don't believe in taking the easy way out of anything.

Instead of slamming those here in America, you really need to get over yourself!

Last edited by Bonnie Storm; 01-25-2018 at 08:50 AM.
The following users liked this post:
beanoboy (01-25-2018)
Old 01-25-2018, 08:49 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 49,928 Likes on 19,373 Posts

We all know the reason things are made over there, the lazy whining north americans expect a 6 figure salary to sew them together and call in sick on sunny days eventually claiming an injury that lets them sit at home and get paid instead. ... Having a bad day? Last I looked canada ( lower case "c" used to acknowledge the lower case "a" in A M E R I C A ) is in North America too ... Lighten up Louise.

Old 01-25-2018, 09:48 AM
roadkinglobo
Supporter
Received 76 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by matthew6279
I'm looking at getting a new leather jacket. Really like the HD leather but feel I can get a better quality jacket, such as a Fox Creek, for less and add my own patches. Looking for pictures of non HD jackets that people have added patches to.

Just buy the FoxCreek leather in black or brown that is a biker style and be done with it. Unless you're prepared to pay a seamstress to open up the liner to get at where you're putting the patch; the stitching holes will eventually leak and look dorky if stitched through the lining. So really, are you saving anything. The jackets (HD and FoxCreek) are likely sewn in China so where's the diff. I've had HD jackets that Ive bought; worn; and sold without difficulty on this Forum when I grew tired of them or found something that I liked better. I don't think ppl will line up to buy a used FoxCrk with your personal patches on it. JMHO. Good luck!

Last edited by roadkinglobo; 01-25-2018 at 09:50 AM.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:57 AM
Bonnie Storm
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by roadkinglobo
The jackets (HD and FoxCreek) are likely sewn in China so where's the diff.
Actually FoxCreek is all American as in manufactured right here in the US of A! Even better is they are manufactured right here in Independence Virginia! Not one piece is farmed out to some foreign country.

Old 01-25-2018, 10:03 AM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,929 Likes on 2,442 Posts

As long as its not a white jacket... Yup, its winter..

Old 01-25-2018, 10:13 AM
cobalt07
Road Master
Received 248 Likes on 155 Posts

I agree alot with Hellonewman, many Americans don't want to work production type jobs because they actually have to work and have to show up every day. It's easier to go on public assistence and food stamps. Look at the figures from the government, over half of all citizens receive some form of public benefits. Do I buy American made goods, Every chance we get, won't even consider a Jap car or bike but sometimes it is nearly impossible. I think Harley's leather stuff is well made especially the FXRG line. You can often buy them 20 % off ar dealers like Hale's HD in Mansfield, Ohio online.

I only have one patch on my leather vest. I used Beacon brand Fabri-Tac fabric adhesive. It's never loosened a bit, is cheap and you can do it yourself in 2 minutes, no stitch holes to enlarge either.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 01-25-2018 at 09:11 PM.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:30 AM
roadkinglobo
Supporter
Received 76 Likes on 57 Posts

"Actually FoxCreek is all American as in manufactured right here in the US of A!"
Don't go all patriotic on me Hummingbird but thanks for clarifying the origins of Fox Creek! I think the point that Hellonewman was trying to make was that North Americans (US and Canada) have a lot of ppl that prefer not to work for min wage. I don't think he was singling out Americans. I have forsaken buying in Canada because I prefer the quality and choice of products I can find in the USA and am treated by US retailers as a valued customer (something that is woefully lacking here in Canada). I hope that détente can now be declared between HD forum readers from both sides of the border. Ride safe!

RKLobo

Last edited by roadkinglobo; 01-25-2018 at 10:34 AM.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:38 AM
Bonnie Storm
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by cobalt07
I agree alot with Hellonewman, many Americans don't want to work production type jobs because they actually have to work and have to show up every day. It's easier to go on public assistence and food stamps. Look at the figures from the government, over half of all citizens receive some form of public benefits.
Why not post some government links to prove what you say so that the uninformed can see the actual figures.

Those figures from the government likely take those "Public Benefit" figures from the FORCED health insurance. The more someone makes the less they receive in gooberment subsidies. Then lets see, the people on SSI/DI, SS/DI qualify for food stamps and probably other gooberment benifits like housing. So add in those figures. Then there are some who collect unemployment and are unable to find jobs where they ultimately have to apply for welfare. Really, I would imagine it is a small part of the population that actually wants to be on welfare/public assistance and food stamps. Add in the illegal immigrants who also qualify for gooberment assistance as well as getting jobs that actual citizens used to get because they are willing to work for peanuts. In the end it forces the citizens to find something to help support their family and themselves.

Me, I receive NO gooberment benefits of any kind though I qualify for some, I refuse to take those as well.

So, how much to you get in health care subsidies? That is counted as gooberment benifits!

The following users liked this post:
AKJames (05-20-2018)

Quick Reply: Who bought non HD jacket and added patches. Send Pics.