General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

f'n hate 07s certain models

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 02:33 AM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default f'n hate 07s certain models

f'n hate 07s certain models differences

Done in again by the 07 specific model bullcrapola

Lyndall brakes says 2000+ and up softails... ya know I should of realized this before I ordered.. but 07s bakes are different on certain models

So I am sitting here with my rear brake off, and my new pads don't fit, and my bent an oring where one of the pad pins sit....grrrrrr
where is my dremel... and a new o-ring(metal)[:@][:@]

And Lyndall has a 3day weekend every week..

Old 06-18-2007, 05:25 AM
Demkay
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: f'n hate 07s certain models

hmmm, I just ordered brake pads from them. Told 'em it was a '07 Fatboy though.

Doubt they messed it up, and because the guy was so cool I asked for his name at the very end. Was Paul, the president, ceo, or something, ...... so I guess he knows what he's doing.

Seems like a really nice family run company.

Sorry you're in that situation dude. That happened to me a few weeks ago, ........ missed a big ride cuz I messed something up and couldn't finish that handlebar install in time. [&o]

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Old 06-18-2007, 05:40 AM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member

i want to know why they have to do these minor differences in the brake pad design..

did you look at them differences? NOT a whole f'n lot.. why? who designs these things.. its f'n mission impossible

one small slant on each of them.. why even bother making 2 different ones

Old 06-18-2007, 05:56 AM
Demkay
Road Master

Yup, know what you mean. Anyone with a '07 Fatboy that has so much as installed a Sissy bar set up, knows damn well what it entails. []

Lets see, first you need sideplates, then the sissy bar, then the backrest, then a lock would be nice since it's quick detachable, ($60), .........then a set of fitment things so it all goes on the fender strut, ........ oh, and I almost forget, then you need a T/S relocation set 'cuz the whole thing is LESS that a 1/4 of an inch out.

Still love my baby though. ........ Think the next thing I'll buy is shares in the company......

Old 06-18-2007, 06:08 AM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member

Already have shares I get nice dividend checks...

I want some brain dead designers in a line in front of a wall.. with a m16 in my hands

7 hours till my dealers opens so I can get a new o-ring for my brake..
I bet they dont have it either :P Ill have to drive.. ya you know it.. not ride 60miles one way to get the part.

Old 06-18-2007, 06:13 AM
Demkay
Road Master

Yup, that's a bitch, hope your dealer has one. Pay for it with a C/C. Then again, an O ring'll probably cost $5.

Think yourself lucky though, my nearest dealer is on another island.

& not only that........... hell, I can't even ride or drive at the moment. [&o] ...... no license.

Old 06-18-2007, 10:54 AM
HogBoy
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: vertigo14

I want some brain dead designers in a line in front of a wall.. with a m16 in my hands

I bet they dont have it either :P Ill have to drive.. ya you know it.. not ride 60miles one way to get the part.

I don't want them in front of a wall with my m16. I'd much prefer to haveall the different bikes out there and all the different parts for them in a bushel basket and then empty the bushel basket in front of them and tell 'em go for it. You get to eat when all of them are correctly rebuilt.

Old 06-18-2007, 11:13 AM
Gjerb
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vert - Can you tell me why you are changing brake pads on your 2007 FB? Seems a bit early, no?

Old 06-18-2007, 06:52 PM
akenaten
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: HogBoy

ORIGINAL: vertigo14

I don't want them in front of a wall with my m16. I'd much prefer to have all the different bikes out there and all the different parts for them in a bushel basket and then empty the bushel basket in front of them and tell 'em go for it. You get to eat when all of them are correctly rebuilt.

[sm=signs007.gif][sm=exactly.gif]

Old 06-18-2007, 09:29 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Gjerb

Vert - Can you tell me why you are changing brake pads on your 2007 FB? Seems a bit early, no?
it is early but along with lots of brake dust from the stock pads, I wanted to see if lyndal racing brakes lived up to their name.. better stopping power, and virtually no-dust. Well that wont happen either.. I ordered a PM 4piston rear (chrome) and a PM 6piston for the front(chrome), and PM makes their own pads..and said they are dustless.. I was also locking up the rear a few times, so I wanted some better pads..

I looked at Hawg Halters but everyone was back ordered on the rear for 2 weeks, and my bike is sitting without a rear brake right now. HD black rear caliper is back ordered 3 weeks as well. (WTF). Hell even PM direct is back ordered on the rear caliper. So... I got the part numbers for Hawg Halters and the PM calipers i needed for my bike specifically and went hunting..talked to HOGPRO(a sponsor here on the HD forms, told em the part numbers asked if they had either one in stock.. he had the rear PM in stock and the 6piston font..so hes sending em overnight be here tomorrow. Only putting rear on tomorrow, less my bars, cables come tomorrow then ill do the front brake with the new MC(in chrome).

Quick Reply: f'n hate 07s certain models