General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you wear a summer weight jacket and if so which one?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 09:58 AM
E DOGG
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Do you wear a summer weight jacket and if so which one?

www.power-trip.com "VOODOO"

www.liljoesleather.com "BAYAREA" style

Old 06-18-2007, 01:53 PM
surveyor
Cruiser

I wear a power trip voodoo mesh jacket and love it. My wife wears a technic mesh jacket and we both wear half helmets. I have to admit it is some what of a pain when you get to your destination with all the crap to carry but we would rather be safe than sorry. Seems most harley riders around here do not wear a helmet let alone a leather jacket. We rode over to one of our favorite watering holes a couple of weekends ago where alot of bikers congregate and I have only been a couple of times on my bike. Got some funny looks as it was 90 degrees out and we had our jackets on. Heard a biker lady tell the people at her table " how do they wear jackets in this heat". I guess they figure we are rubs and not true bikers. I just tell my wife **** on what others think. If we ever go down at least we will be protected!

Old 06-18-2007, 03:55 PM
hughtwg
Tourer

I like my armored denim jacket from Cortech for summer riding. Lots of vents and the denim breathes better than leater also.
http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/prod...at=0&page=

-Hugh

Old 06-18-2007, 03:59 PM
BWLucky13
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joe Rocket Phoenix mesh works well in Florida heat/humidity. The sleeves keep the sun off and keep you cooler going down the road. Yes, they are hotter when you are not moving. I may run to the corner store without it, but any further and I wear the Phoenix.

Old 06-18-2007, 04:11 PM
GaryWayne
Cruiser

I have a Olympia mesh jacket that I really like. It fits great, is very comfortable and has very good armor. You can't get alot of people to understand but going down the road on a very hot day I promise you I am as cool if not cooler than they are in just a T-shirt (did that for years). Keeping the sun and wind off you is much better. Now, at red lights and very slow traffic I will admit that I am hotter than just a T-shirt but I try to keep those times as few as I can. I've seen what just a 30 MPH crash can do to you in just a T-shirt and I don't want to go there.

Old 06-18-2007, 04:13 PM
bobg1253
Road Captain

I wear a First Gear Mesh Tex 2 and it is not old school looking, but it is very comfortable when it's hot outside. I feel cooler in the jacket than just a t-shirt if I'm moving.

Old 06-18-2007, 04:20 PM
rob i
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I wear the icon field armor vest UNDER a shirt (or under a jacket when colder out). It's light and has a full back protector and some marginal chest protection. It's flexible and does not inhibit any type of movement.

can be found here.

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/...-ICON05-1.html

For clarification, I do not wear it exposed as I would look like a power ranger. Fits great under a t-shirt or jacket.

Rob

Old 06-18-2007, 06:24 PM
aliandray
Cruiser

Not often hot enough here in the UK for a full out summer jacket. I take the liner out of my HD competition II leather jacket ( I love that jacket) in summer, but if it is topping out at 25 deg C plus then I will wear the HD mesh jacket (same as cadman311) , it feels really comfortable, has full armour, keeps off the sun and has an HD badge - sad, I knowbut I like that. Oh, and I got it for$100 brand new and delivered from the USfrom e-bay - it would have cost me £150 ($300) new in the UK !!!

Old 06-18-2007, 07:38 PM
Freedom
Advanced

A-2 flight jacket. When temp is over 98 degree (normal body temp) cutting the wind is just as important as when it is cold. Extremely hot desert cruising, I ride at night or a wet rag around the neck cools the body. That is all I need. ALWAYS CARRY WATER

Old 06-19-2007, 02:09 AM
PaFatboy
Tourer

I have the HD perforated one. I like it till it gets 90 and up degrees, then I ride in a Tshirt. All the while I'm thinking man I hope I don't go down today, I KNOW what road rash feels like, don't like it.

Quick Reply: Do you wear a summer weight jacket and if so which one?