General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One of the most comfortable mods I have ever made

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 06:01 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,670 Likes on 6,425 Posts
Talking One of the most comfortable mods I have ever made

Soon to be on both bikes!!! Have had Cyclesmiths banana boards on my Road King for years in XL. Just found a really good deal on another set that I will be putting on the Road Glide. I intentionally bought the new ones minus rivets as never really cared for that part that years and miles of use have shown some signs of wear. Honestly did not think I would be doing this so soon into ownership of the new bike but couldn't help myself.

Old 12-13-2017, 08:09 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,369 Likes on 2,542 Posts

do tell more on this deal that you found...

Old 12-13-2017, 08:21 PM
DanHappy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,419 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Ditto for the deal! I want a set too for xmas!!;
Give!!!

Old 12-14-2017, 04:07 AM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

$279.95 which was pretty good since pretty sure I paid somewhere around $350.00 for the first set and they retail for $390 if bought straight out. My deal included free shipping which the retail price would not.

Honestly, these are the most comfortable mod I have ever made, nearly making highway pegs unnecessary as they give you so much room to move feet around. Add a nice set of apes and nice seat and smile every mile!!!

Guess I should have posted in the touring section as they are designed for touring bikes but I was pretty stoked when I landed on this deal. Add the fact that they look pretty cool when on a bike IMO and life is good indeed!!!

Sorry, just search eBay for Cyclesmiths Banana Boards and find the best deal for you. This particular sets MSRP is $352.76 and the seller is Hillery MotorSports. Hope this helps.

Last edited by nobodyknowsme; 12-14-2017 at 04:11 AM. Reason: Oops...
Old 12-14-2017, 08:28 AM
Crashone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 241 Likes on 192 Posts

I have wanted a set of those for a couple of years now but have never met anyone with them. I've seen one scooter with them at a bike night but never met the owner. That being said sounds like what I'm looking for, more area to place my feet. How's the shifter side? Any interference with the heel/ toe shifter?
I've put floorboard extensions on and I'm betting a pair of these and the extensions will make a lot of difference. Hmmm. Christmas is coming.
Thanks for the information.

Old 12-14-2017, 11:59 AM
DanHappy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,419 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Originally Posted by nobodyknowsme
$279.95 which was pretty good since pretty sure I paid somewhere around $350.00 for the first set and they retail for $390 if bought straight out. My deal included free shipping which the retail price would not.

Honestly, these are the most comfortable mod I have ever made, nearly making highway pegs unnecessary as they give you so much room to move feet around. Add a nice set of apes and nice seat and smile every mile!!!

Guess I should have posted in the touring section as they are designed for touring bikes but I was pretty stoked when I landed on this deal. Add the fact that they look pretty cool when on a bike IMO and life is good indeed!!!

Sorry, just search eBay for Cyclesmiths Banana Boards and find the best deal for you. This particular sets MSRP is $352.76 and the seller is Hillery MotorSports. Hope this helps.
What length did you go with? I like the longer ones but curious how the passenger likes going over them.

Old 12-14-2017, 12:35 PM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,013 Likes on 577 Posts

Been interested in these for a long time, but really didn't like the rivets at all.
Just something else to rust and get worn down. The plain ones look
much nicer to me.
Got a question though, is the vibration any worse than the Harley ones?
Doesn't the Harley model have something built in to help with vibration?
Would like to hear about the comparison if you could.
Thanks

Old 12-15-2017, 11:30 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Originally Posted by DanHappy
What length did you go with? I like the longer ones but curious how the passenger likes going over them.
Passenger is a non issue and not at all in the way. I again got the XL, 22" long.

Originally Posted by Ragtop
Been interested in these for a long time, but really didn't like the rivets at all.
Just something else to rust and get worn down. The plain ones look
much nicer to me.
Got a question though, is the vibration any worse than the Harley ones?
Doesn't the Harley model have something built in to help with vibration?
Would like to hear about the comparison if you could.
Thanks
Have been out of town and just got home. Wanted to wait to reply until I checked the rivets for wear. TBH they have held up remarkably well with almost zero signs of wear and no rust. I don't honestly recall if I ever noticed the ones without rivets when I picked them out the first time. Really just wanted the longest available as they give you so much more room to move your feet. As far as comparison to HD boards I would have to say they are about the same regarding vibration. If I was no notice any it would certainly be on the older bike so again, a non issue.

One word of caution and that is to NOT put unnecessary weight on them as the mounting brackets will bend. As long as you use them normally this should not be a problem but I did have to have one side welded with extra support after I bent it somewhat.

Hope this all helps and rest assured that anybody that put these on their bike would love them. There is a member here with a new Road Glide that had them but then swapped them for the new extended length style HD boards. Not sure why but trying to buy the ones he had is what prompted me to get these as he had already sold them.

The following users liked this post:
Ragtop (12-17-2017)
Old 12-16-2017, 01:48 PM
Gozzie
Road Captain
Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts

Post some pics, I would like to see them installed

Old 12-17-2017, 10:37 AM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Here is a shot of them on my old bike. No noticeable wear on anything other than the brake where my boot slides on/off. With the new set which hasn't arrived yet, just wanted no rivets as I like the look, and different from what I already have.

Quick Reply: One of the most comfortable mods I have ever made