General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Imagine WINNING this bike for just one minute

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2017 | 05:49 PM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 616 Likes on 332 Posts

I am also the proud owner of a bunch of t shirts over the years from the museum.. Bought the tickets but have yet to win ..

Old 11-15-2017 | 05:54 PM
Iron lHorse
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,696 Likes on 1,273 Posts

Originally Posted by roadkinglobo
You've got better odds at winning your State lottery; then one of Dale's bikes. I've been buying tickets on the raffle since visiting his place in Maggie Valley in 2012. I got kind of discouraged when I watched the draw this year live online. He had some young kid swimming around in a homemade tank with over 100k tickets. I know Dale's probably an honest man and certainly has a passion for restoring motorcycle history; but its a real leap of faith when you're dropping a couple of $hun on tickets that aren"t even numbered and hoping that someone actually fills them out and into the drum. I just think there's a better way but until then, I'll keep buying tickets (to help support the museum) but i'll stay realistic about my odds of winning.
All you really need on the ticket is the persons name and phone #.
And yes the odds for that bike could be one in 100k or even 200k but the odds for most state lotteries are more like one in 130 million. I'll take my ten or 20 dollar bike raffle that only sell 1500 or 3000 tickets anyday over a state lottery ticket . Not a big loss and most of the time it's for a good cause.
I just do'nt buy the hundred dollar ticket because my pockets aren't that deep and I can get 20 different bike raffle tickets with a 100 bucks . But someone must WIN the bike that's for sure .

Old 11-15-2017 | 05:57 PM
bigfish_Oh
Road Warrior
Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by roadkinglobo
You've got better odds at winning your State lottery; then one of Dale's bikes. I've been buying tickets on the raffle since visiting his place in Maggie Valley in 2012. I got kind of discouraged when I watched the draw this year live online. He had some young kid swimming around in a homemade tank with over 100k tickets. I know Dale's probably an honest man and certainly has a passion for restoring motorcycle history; but its a real leap of faith when you're dropping a couple of $hun on tickets that aren"t even numbered and hoping that someone actually fills them out and into the drum. I just think there's a better way but until then, I'll keep buying tickets (to help support the museum) but i'll stay realistic about my odds of winning.
As much as I like to give,I stopped buying any tickets for anything that I don't watch my ticket fall in the drum and the draw. It only took one shady bike drawing.

Old 11-15-2017 | 06:07 PM
jgos929
Road Warrior
Received 219 Likes on 87 Posts

Could care less about the bike as I’m no collector so it wouldn’t do me any good parking it in my garage. I’d sell it

Visiting Maggie Valley in June and plan on checking out the museum.

Old 11-15-2017 | 07:22 PM
rjo3491
Road Master
Received 150 Likes on 103 Posts

Yea, I'd take it!

Old 11-15-2017 | 07:54 PM
Dispatch
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Received 531 Likes on 273 Posts
Talking Ages...

"The Raffle will be held on Sunday, November 11th, 2018!"

That's a year from now, we could all be dead by then...

Old 11-15-2017 | 08:28 PM
Iron lHorse
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,696 Likes on 1,273 Posts

Originally Posted by Dispatch
"The Raffle will be held on Sunday, November 11th, 2018!"

That's a year from now, we could all be dead by then...
I'll keep my eyes open for a casket raffle if you want .

Old 11-15-2017 | 09:13 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,279 Likes on 7,400 Posts

It's a great place!!!!

That is a beautiful bike they are giving away.

Old 11-15-2017 | 10:28 PM
roadkinglobo
Supporter
Received 76 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by jgos929
Could care less about the bike as I’m no collector so it wouldn’t do me any good parking it in my garage. I’d sell it

Visiting Maggie Valley in June and plan on checking out the museum.

Dale has done a wonderful job as owner, builder, founder and curator of the WTT Museum, absolutely no doubt about it. You will enjoy the show that he casually puts on by starting any bike in the place. When I was there he fired up a 1904 Thor. If you're planning to buy tickets for the raffle; that's the best way to do it. You fill them out and place in the drum. I can tell you one thing for sure, not having numbered tickets would never fly in Canada. We like to see the tickets go in and get randomly picked out. that's my on that matter. lol

Old 11-15-2017 | 11:06 PM
Blackacre
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I wish HD would stand up a vintage production line and just produce superior reproductions of some of these classics.

If I had one of these I'd ride it everyday through the heart of Saint Diego, Ca. and paper the damned Internet with pictures of it.

Quick Reply: Just Imagine WINNING this bike for just one minute