General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panoptx Sunglasses

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 04:53 PM
FACTION95
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Panoptx Sunglasses

I just traded the Churada that I bought yesterday for the Whirlwind. So far they seem to fit my face better.

Old 06-15-2007, 05:28 PM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member
Received 77 Likes on 30 Posts

im on my second pair. these have the prescription day/night lenses... they were about $300 and theyre definitely worth it. the only thing i dont like about them is that they dont get REALLY dark during the day. its a trade-off for not having to carry a clear pair with me though.

id definitely recommend them.

Old 06-15-2007, 06:21 PM
good2135aaslt
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I have had some good Experience with them and I have sold them at rallies through the dealer, as well so this is not a sales pitch I swear. First PanOptx have addressed the issue some riders have had with the glasses not getting dark enough during the day and the have a insert on the convertable models that have a pre tinted lens in it. That should solve that problem and I have worn mine for both Riding and Gunning in a Open Turret in Iraq. The Glasses preformed Great. The only Problem I have run into is my Lenses are scrached, But 16 Months in a Iraq Desert, they have held up longer than I really expected them too. The July American Iron Mag Has a write up on the New inserts. If you have any Questions that I might know feel free to PM me.

Old 06-15-2007, 06:48 PM
FACTION95
Road Master

ORIGINAL: good2135aaslt

Well I have had some good Experience with them and I have sold them at rallies through the dealer, as well so this is not a sales pitch I swear. First PanOptx have addressed the issue some riders have had with the glasses not getting dark enough during the day and the have a insert on the convertable models that have a pre tinted lens in it. That should solve that problem and I have worn mine for both Riding and Gunning in a Open Turret in Iraq. The Glasses preformed Great. The only Problem I have run into is my Lenses are scrached, But 16 Months in a Iraq Desert, they have held up longer than I really expected them too. The July American Iron Mag Has a write up on the New inserts. If you have any Questions that I might know feel free to PM me.
How exactlydo the inserts work?

Old 06-15-2007, 07:12 PM
good2135aaslt
Cruiser

Well from what the Article said it is a 45% tint on the lenses that are on the Foam which you swich out onthe CV models and the foam is cut different to work. The Review said that they worked great but then there is always the problem of carrying around the extra foam so when the sun goes down you need to swich out the foam. I haven't tried them but I am sure that the Dealer will carry them so they might let you try them out in your current model, as long as the have the Removable eye cups.

Old 06-15-2007, 07:35 PM
jimb
Road Master

If a pair came to me free I'd give them away.The first pair I had the foam kept falling off the frames.Yeah, they replaced them, but I got tired of sending them back to be fixed.The second pair the same thing.They hit the trash that time, not the mailbox.

Old 06-15-2007, 10:11 PM
BlueShift
Road Master

ORIGINAL: vertigo14

Mine dont fog up in rain, they are the SIROCCO CVs day/night glasses. Love em I wear em all the time with my ACC helmet.

Ditto

Old 06-15-2007, 11:14 PM
ladodgerdog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have two pair, and I love 'em. My day/night broken in half while taking them off. Sent 'em in and got 'em back with new frames in 3 days.

Old 06-16-2007, 09:59 AM
good2135aaslt
Cruiser

Oh I forgot one thing to the foam has been improved over the years and the Key reason that it falls apart quickly is that you shouldn't put them ontop of your head becasue of the sweat and oils from your hair will deteriate the Foam Quicker. Just a little FYI

Old 06-16-2007, 12:57 PM
PsycleFreak
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love my Raptors!!! They are Rx. I will buy them again when I need a new pair. Had Wileys, these are much better....

Quick Reply: Panoptx Sunglasses