General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winter HD Incentives ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2017 | 08:08 AM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by yankees1996
Long story short but I made an offer on a new 2018 Fat Boy and I think I got a very good deal ! I then proceeded to tell the sales manager that I would be paying cash and he told me his deal was for a finance deal only ! I told him I didn't have to borrow and he ask me if I would borrow for three months and then pay it off as this would help his business but I had to wait until the three months were up !
You should have screwed them over buy making your first payment as your last. Once you sign the paperwork, there is nothing that states you have to wait three months or anything like that.

Old 10-31-2017 | 08:24 AM
yankees1996
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by vizcarmb
You should have screwed them over buy making your first payment as your last. Once you sign the paperwork, there is nothing that states you have to wait three months or anything like that.
Of all five HD dealerships I dealt with, this dealer was the most cordial and easiest to deal with. I was highly impressed with all employees at their business and their reputation was impeccable . I'm always impressed when mechanics have been employed for 30 plus years and all employees seem very happy to work there. Anyway, you are correct that I didn't have to honor their financing request but I did to help them out and the interest I will pay for three months won't be much.

Old 10-31-2017 | 02:20 PM
cficole
Outstanding HDF Member

Why? You could screw yourself on service and future purchases there, and teach them that your word's no good. That's not who I'd wanna be.

The following 2 users liked this post by cficole:
Dan D. (10-31-2017), torchmaster (11-01-2017)
Old 10-31-2017 | 02:29 PM
purpledeuce
Elite HDF Member

If someone has the cash to pay in full, then paying interest for 3 months is not going to hurt them at all. I agree, your word is your bond and if used correctly it can take you far

Old 10-31-2017 | 03:08 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by yankees1996
Of all five HD dealerships I dealt with, this dealer was the most cordial and easiest to deal with. I was highly impressed with all employees at their business and their reputation was impeccable . I'm always impressed when mechanics have been employed for 30 plus years and all employees seem very happy to work there. Anyway, you are correct that I didn't have to honor their financing request but I did to help them out and the interest I will pay for three months won't be much.

I’m 61. I was taught a man’s word is his bond.
Proverbs 22:1
New International Version
A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold.

Last edited by Ron750; 10-31-2017 at 03:10 PM.
Old 10-31-2017 | 10:22 PM
AussieDog
Road Master

Originally Posted by hdpearson13
Used to be if you sold for less than a certain number dealer would lose that allocation the next year. There would be less to sell the next allocation. So buy giving up the immediate loss unless sold to certain individuals they would loose there total profits on possibly a few vehicles over a few years. Now if your considered an important or desireavle customer dontonjob or position you hold there are ways to not loose allocationand some cases you can get an extra allocation or something special from factory( shiners, firefighter ,police and other bikes. The sales manager can work allittle but it's not like a chevy dealer. And owner care more about allocations than anything if they want to keep place open and profitable
Not any more. "Allocations" were from the days when HD could sell every last bike they made. These days, they keep reducing their sales forecasts. They have excess production capacity. If you are prepared to buy in the winter, use the leverage you have. When I bought my latest HD I had owned my Gold Wing for 17 years and it ran fine. I told the HD dealer GM that after 17 years it really didn't matter if I rode it one more year. Did they want to make an incremental sale?