General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winter HD Incentives ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2017 | 08:52 PM
AussieDog
Road Master
Default Of Course

I don't know about HD corporate, but all dealers who want to maintain their cash flow offer deals in the winter. If you are ready to buy you just need to let your preferred dealer know that someone will make a sale this winter - either them, or someone else. Give them the 1st shot but be resolute in that you expect a good deal. Some sales manager is going to be able to buy Christmas presents in December - is it him or someone else?

Old 10-29-2017 | 08:57 PM
yankees1996
|
Cruiser

Long story short but I made an offer on a new 2018 Fat Boy and I think I got a very good deal ! I then proceeded to tell the sales manager that I would be paying cash and he told me his deal was for a finance deal only ! I told him I didn't have to borrow and he ask me if I would borrow for three months and then pay it off as this would help his business but I had to wait until the three months were up !

Old 10-29-2017 | 09:05 PM
hdpearson13
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by yankees1996
Long story short but I made an offer on a new 2018 Fat Boy and I think I got a very good deal ! I then proceeded to tell the sales manager that I would be paying cash and he told me his deal was for a finance deal only ! I told him I didn't have to borrow and he ask me if I would borrow for three months and then pay it off as this would help his business but I had to wait until the three months were up !
If you pay it off or refi. They have to payback back there fi money's. That's on almost every vehicle you buy.

Old 10-29-2017 | 09:14 PM
hdpearson13
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by AussieDog
I don't know about HD corporate, but all dealers who want to maintain their cash flow offer deals in the winter. If you are ready to buy you just need to let your preferred dealer know that someone will make a sale this winter - either them, or someone else. Give them the 1st shot but be resolute in that you expect a good deal. Some sales manager is going to be able to buy Christmas presents in December - is it him or someone else?
Used to be if you sold for less than a certain number dealer would lose that allocation the next year. There would be less to sell the next allocation. So buy giving up the immediate loss unless sold to certain individuals they would loose there total profits on possibly a few vehicles over a few years. Now if your considered an important or desireavle customer dontonjob or position you hold there are ways to not loose allocationand some cases you can get an extra allocation or something special from factory( shiners, firefighter ,police and other bikes. The sales manager can work allittle but it's not like a chevy dealer. And owner care more about allocations than anything if they want to keep place open and profitable

Old 10-29-2017 | 09:29 PM
Dan D.
Outstanding HDF Member

"Used to be if you sold for less than a certain number dealer would lose that allocation the next year"

They do creative financing with trade ins too.

They gave me $5,000 over my trade in, then dumped that cost into the bike. In the end, I paid the same thing, but it made my down payment look higher and likely made their sale look better too.

That's how I understood it anyways.

The following users liked this post:
Matt990724 (10-31-2017)
Old 10-29-2017 | 09:33 PM
upflying
Seasoned HDF Member

I bought my bike on January 3, when the weather was cold, showroom was empty and no one had money after the holidays. I got a winter discount from a lonely and hungry salesperson.

Old 10-30-2017 | 07:09 AM
Ultra 99
Cruiser

In my area for the last 2 years they had 0.99% financing on new bikes if you bought the extended service plan. Without the plan the rate was 1.99%. If I recall, it started in January and ended in March. Don't remember how many months you could finance for.

Old 10-30-2017 | 12:28 PM
PPearl
Tourer

You might see some financing offers, but I really wouldn't expect much.

What I do see happen fairly often is "deals" through the service department.

Old 10-30-2017 | 07:32 PM
ktp1598
Road Captain

Similar to what hdpearson13 said the dealer gets a kickback from the finance company. That kickback is probably a lot of their profit on the bike if they've discounted it significantly.

Old 10-30-2017 | 07:40 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator

You can ask for a free first service, heavy discounts on parts and accessories when you buy the bike, stuff like that.

Quick Reply: Winter HD Incentives ?