General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another couple of weeks...

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2017 | 02:16 PM
Zeus55
|
Road Master
Cool Another couple of weeks...

Well well... another couple of weeks of riding up here...

We should get temperature aroud the 60s next week and then rain and snow wont be far behind.

This season been so so... lots of rain this summer and nice weather this fall.

In a couple of week I will winterize my bike until next spring!

For those riding all year around... ride safe!

Old 10-26-2017 | 08:32 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member

We'll have winter weather in December, January and February but if it's in the 40s and up and the roads are dry, it's still riding weather. I think we had "bad weather" last winter for a total of 14 days.

Old 10-27-2017 | 05:56 AM
krielly66
Tourer

Low of 30 forecast here tonight. Riding tomorrow. Supposed to be sunny and high of 63. Days are numbered I can tell. It's a long winter here in VT and an even longer wait during mud season when you live on a dirt road.

Old 10-27-2017 | 08:59 AM
Zeus55
|
Road Master

Up here in Quebec summer have been shitty... May and June was rainy most of the time, really started to be nice only from mid-July. How was it for you this year ? I beleive the guys in huricane areas had a bad season...

Old 10-27-2017 | 09:03 AM
krielly66
Tourer

Just got my license at the end of June and didn't get out on the road until later on in July. I was burning up miles in the parking lot until I felt more confident 😀 so it was a short season for me. Thankfully fall weather has been great.

Old 10-27-2017 | 11:14 AM
Markymannn
Stellar HDF Member

IDK after today and early tomorrow here in the Buff where it is 60, its all 40's, rain, dark early, and the deer are out everywhere this time of year. I'm riding today/tomorrow, after that I may call it quits this year. I've got a goal of 3k miles each year, and got 3,400 in so far so I'm good LOL

Old 10-27-2017 | 12:03 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member

That’s gotta be a psych bummer to have to shelve a bike for half your riding life. To pay all the costs associated with ownership, to just let it sit and do nothing has got to grate on just about anyone. Should be 78 along the beach this weekend. I guess I’ll have to go for a ride.

Old 10-27-2017 | 12:18 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
That’s gotta be a psych bummer to have to shelve a bike for half your riding life. To pay all the costs associated with ownership, to just let it sit and do nothing has got to grate on just about anyone. Should be 78 along the beach this weekend. I guess I’ll have to go for a ride.
I agree. I can't see living someplace where the weather sucks half the time.

Old 10-27-2017 | 12:21 PM
Uncle G.
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
That s gotta be a psych bummer to have to shelve a bike for half your riding life. To pay all the costs associated with ownership, to just let it sit and do nothing has got to grate on just about anyone. Should be 78 along the beach this weekend. I guess I ll have to go for a ride.
No, I really feel sorry for the snowmobile riders. Even in winter here youre lucky to get in a month of riding all in all.

As for me, I have plenty to do in the winter to keep busy. Theres a full schedule of bluegrass jams coming up (guitar/mandolin & vocals), and we might even put the old rock band together again.

Dont feel sorry for me. I managed to ride almost 9,000 miles this year, so Im almost ready for a break.

Old 10-27-2017 | 12:47 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Uncle G.
No, I really feel sorry for the snowmobile riders. Even in winter here you’re lucky to get in a month of riding all in all.

As for me, I have plenty to do in the winter to keep busy. There’s a full schedule of bluegrass jams coming up (guitar/mandolin & vocals), and we might even put the old rock band together again.

Dont feel sorry for me. I managed to ride almost 9,000 miles this year, so I’m almost ready for a break.
You just made my point.
Due to the costs associated with owning a motorcycle (or any other seasonal activity,) you may feel obligated to cram as much activity in the shorter time window as possible. Just to feel like you got your money’s worth.
When a rider says they are “ready for a break,” that usually indicates burn out.
Now, granted, if you were to live where you could ride all year, in relative comfort, you wouldn’t feel the pressing desire to ride as much as possible, knowing tomorrow will likely be just as awesome as today.
Then again, maybe I need a break!

Quick Reply: Another couple of weeks...