General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New bike in St Louis Mo

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007 | 05:51 PM
dstlvb
|
Novice
Default New bike in St Louis Mo

Have started looking at buying a HD and am looking at a Duece. My question is if any one can steer me in a direction of a Dealer around this area. I live in St Charles Mo, but have not heard good things about Shultz HD.

Old 06-14-2007 | 06:04 PM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Default RE: New bike in St Louis Mo

Welcome from central New York Hope you find a decent dealer

Old 06-14-2007 | 06:11 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: dstlvb

Have started looking at buying a HD and am looking at a Duece. My question is if any one can steer me in a direction of a Dealer around this area. I live in St Charles Mo, but have not heard good things about Shultz HD.
Welcome to the forum and to HD. I would suggest Ted's HD in Alton, IL. It is probably closer to you than Doc's and for sure a MUCH better dealer than Schulz HD.

Very friendly and knowledgeable staff in all departments. They sell at MSRP and give you 10% off all accessories and clothes for the length of your warranty.

http://www.tedsmotorcycleworld.com/

Tell them Jim Dawson sent you. It won't get you anything, but nice to have a name to throw around.

If you know where Fast Eddie's is in Alton, its about 5 minutes north of there.

Jim

Old 06-14-2007 | 06:27 PM
dstlvb
|
Novice

Thanks j2 i know where that is at. One other question. I am looking at the 07 when does the 08 come out. I dont want to buy it and find out if i could have waited a couple of weeks it would have been cheaper.

Old 06-14-2007 | 06:32 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: dstlvb

Thanks j2 i know where that is at. One other question. I am looking at the 07 when does the 08 come out. I dont want to buy it and find out if i could have waited a couple of weeks it would have been cheaper.
The '08s should be announced to the public on July 8 and some will be at the dealers the following week. I bought my '07 Heritage at Ted's the first of August '07.

I doubt the price of a Deuce will fall after the '08s are announced as I think the Deuce is one of the models that is being discontinued in '08. It may be hard to find a Deuce now.

Jim

Old 06-14-2007 | 10:08 PM
Professor
Road Captain

Doc's in Kirkwood has always been great to me. Lots of bikes. Comtpetitive prices. Good folks. Talk to Jim Wagner. He is the best. Knows his stuff and has his own race team for sportsters.

Old 06-15-2007 | 10:12 AM
RWickens
Advanced

I'll second Doc's in Kirkwood, great place with great people. However I would NOT suggest going to Surdyke in Festus or Gateway in South County.

Old 06-15-2007 | 11:32 AM
huffhuff
Road Warrior

Doc's for sure. they give national HOG card holders a discount on apparel. Gateway is pretty good i have heard and Widman in the city also. Most Missouri and Illinois dealers are MSRP. Dale's in Mt. Vernon, IL is worth the drive.