General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

buying tires on line

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2017 | 10:02 PM
Capt Steve
Road Captain
Red face Shop around....

I shop around for price and availability when looking for a tire {or anything else for that matter}. Had a good result from Eastern Performance Cycles and JP. Both times fresh tire with no tax or freight. Last tire {another Metzler ME 888}, Dennis Kirk had a great price. I placed the order specifically asking for a fresh {Dot code} tire. The tire they sent was a year old. They actually confirmed my suspicion that the great price was based upon their buying up a large order of stale tires... nice way to do business.

I ride about 15,000 miles a year so while it was pure BS that they sent a stale tire I kept it. This was the third and last time I will ever try and do business with DK. Tired of being lied to, absolutely NO customer service, so sorry I gave them two more chances to get it right... they didn't. Lots of folks use them... I wish you continued success but never again for me.

As always.... Opinions and YMMV.

Old 10-18-2017 | 10:14 PM
Sling Blade 14
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by leon anthony
anyone have a good online tire store that you have delt with
I've got all of my tires online from J&P on their sale periods- current manufacture dates and quick delivery.
https://www.jpcycles.com/harley-tires

Old 10-18-2017 | 10:32 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by leon anthony
anyone have a good online tire store that you have delt with
Choose the brand tire you want and shop. I bought a set of Avon Cobras (200/55 17" and 90/90 21") for $205 shipped. A set of these tires usually sell for up to $315, depending on where you buy them. No one website has the best price on all tires. One site might have Pirelli's for less than other sites, but charge more for Avons. Sometimes these companies are overstocked or have some tires that are moving slow and they knock the price down quite a bit. I was a little concerned about the super low price and thought these tires might be old but the manufacturing date on them was just a few months old. FWIW I bought these tires a year ago this month.

When I compare prices for tires these are the sites I mostly look at.

revzilla.com
bikebandit.com
motorcycle-superstore.com
denniskirk.com
chaparral-racing.com
jakewilson.com

Last edited by JekyllnHyde; 10-18-2017 at 10:33 PM.