General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boycott Denver

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 09:03 AM
Professor
Road Captain
Received 190 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Boycott Denver

If the city of Denver is going to start to discriminate against aftermarket pipes, I say we should boycott Denver. This city makes a ton of money in the surrounding areas every year because of bikers. I say we thumb our noses at them and boyott the city. I don't plan to spend my touring dollars there if they decide to target bikers for noise violations. I also have the ability to boycott them in business for conferences. When a city targets a group of people, like bikers, they deserve whatever they get in return. If you've been to Denver lately, you know they ought to target thier illegal alien population--THAT is the real problem there.[:@]

Old 06-14-2007, 09:35 AM
Peekaboo Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Boycott Denver

I'm on board! I was born and raised in Colorado, but I'll support a boycott. Hell, riding I-25 between Ft. Collins and Colorado Springs is one of the scariest rides you'll ever make anyway, so there's plenty of incentive to detour around it.

Old 06-14-2007, 09:41 AM
bnsoftailrider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when i bought my screaming eagle II slip-ons they were advertised as street legal.......is even that going to change in denver?

Old 06-14-2007, 09:43 AM
flyslow
Road Captain

I am with ya on this one as well. I have not been to Chicago since Fuhrer Daley destroyed Meigs Field so his wife could have a flower garden.

I find it easy to adjust my flying and travel to avoid Communist dictators and not have to spend money in their fiefdoms, this includes shopping on line.

Rant off.

Old 06-14-2007, 10:12 AM
dan69co
Tourer

I've been boycotting Denver, and I will remain in boycott mode.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:54 PM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i won't go there on Tuesdays. That'll teach 'em. Wednesdays are out, since that is the day I'm boycotting the gas station.

Old 06-14-2007, 01:15 PM
Big Sled
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 8,484 Likes on 4,379 Posts

Two predictions Professor:

1. "Denver, the guvmint" is not politically geared to give a flyin' ratz-azz if every biker boycotts the place.

2. The issue of municipal noise enforcement, sometimes using dumb enforcement tools,against bikes is going to grow.[&o]

Old 06-14-2007, 01:27 PM
Diver
Cruiser

Can I join the boycott if I don't have any plans to visit Denver anytime in my near future? And do I get a helmet sticker for joining this cause?

Old 06-14-2007, 01:31 PM
Brackneyc
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Big Sled

Two predictions Professor:

1. "Denver, the guvmint" is not politically geared to give a flyin' ratz-azz if every biker boycotts the place.

Well, then they won't mind it if their tax revenues go down due to lack of patronage of those Denver based businesses. Good job Denver.

I only hope our siter city across the river takes this same tactic, so that Sturgis on the River next year will be in Rock Island instead of Davenport. We have loud pipes here in Rock Island, but they can barely be heard over the gun shots. Our cops are still trying to bust the actual criminals. Seems like Denver must have that all taken care of. Good job Denver...you are now the safest, and soon to be quietest city in the USA.

Old 06-14-2007, 02:01 PM
wlbowers
Stellar HDF Member

Received 101 Likes on 44 Posts

ORIGINAL: bnsoftailrider

when i bought my screaming eagle II slip-ons they were advertised as street legal.......is even that going to change in denver?

Screaming Eagle II's have never been street legal. I still have a copy of the SE catalog. all of them have the racing flags. They have been discontinued for the reason they are race only and not epa compliant..

They have the Screaming Eagle Pro's. Which are street legal.

If a slipon or exhaust has been tested by Harley and labeled street legal. As long as you have not butchered them you are safe.

Quick Reply: Boycott Denver