General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boycott Denver

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 04:43 PM
Broken Leg Rider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Boycott Denver

Seems to me our only proper defense would be in line withpushing forinpections of ALL vehicles by means of declaring discrimination against bikers if bikes alone are inspected. Why should a tractor trailer class truck be allowed to create so much noise if a motorcycle cannot? In this way, we might get the transportation heavyweights on our side of the fight in a backhanded sort of way.

Of course you and I cannot make such a case. It will take a high poweredpolitician or attorney who WANTS to take up our cause in each of the areas affected.

Old 06-15-2007, 07:21 PM
Professor
Road Captain
Received 190 Likes on 53 Posts

You're right, Bro. Problem is that most politicians lack the ***** do stand up on an issue like this--except maybe, Ben Night Horse Campbell. He has some street credibility with bikers.

Old 06-15-2007, 07:43 PM
Bad Mojo
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lucky me I accepted a job offer in Boulder *just* prior to this going into effect. You can bet your azz I'llride *around* Denver if I have to. [:@]

Old 06-15-2007, 09:09 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

BTW, I don't actually care if they think pipes save lives or not. Their opinion doesn't mean anything to me. In my world, BMW bikes and their riders fall somewhere just south of the Metric riders on the list of, "who the hell cares what they think."
This kind of comment would almost make me laugh if it wasn't so friggin' stupid.

I guess things would have been confusing when I owned my BMW and Harley at the same time. I'm glad I finally sold my BMW because now I all of a sudden have became totalaly "kool" owning just a Harley!! [:'(]

Old 06-16-2007, 01:39 AM
FXSTI Guy
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well put and VERY true...I'm not worried about getting a ticket downtown...Justlay off thethrottle and keep it in cruise modewhenyou're rolling through downtownDenver and you'll be fine.
ORIGINAL: whaap

I didn't get the idea the city was targeting bikers!! I read it to mean the city was targeting bikers who behave like jerks.

Old 06-16-2007, 02:42 AM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

It is coming folks so comply or die. In the bad old daze you had to be loud to get that extra ounce of power. Now daze it ain't so. You may have power and a quiet exhaust note. Look at interslab traffic many years ago the semi's ruled the road with noise; now they rule the road with power and silence. I've had many of these sleek, silent trucks go by me on I-40 at 85mpr whisper quiet. They are more fuel efficient, faster, and quieter than before. Looks like the same thing is happening to Harley. Look at S&S they have bigger, more powerful, air-cooled engines that meet the '07 standards and beyond. So why can't Harley?

So, bub, do ya want performance or noise?