General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boycott Denver

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 07:58 AM
darkside
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Boycott Denver

Exactly Whaap.Act like an *** and be prepared to have said *** in a sling.

Old 06-15-2007, 11:09 AM
Brackneyc
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: New2Harley

They won't notice much of a loss in income, unless motorcyclists turn Denver into a Mini Sturgis each weekend, so we won't be hurting their feelings in the money market.

The citizens don't want the loud motorcycles either (hence the increased enforcement actions).

So a boycott will make them happy!

I would have thought the same thing when they decided to ban smoking is bars/resturants. But, these businesses (in our area) have suffered huge losses due to smoking restrictions. Those that don't smoke did not frequent these places anymore than they did prior to the smoking bans. It may not seem like a lot of money in the short term, but if the boycott were to run long-term, it sure could have an impact on business there.But, I'd guess that in the short term, those that complain about a little noise could care less whether a business survives or not. After all, it'sjust money.

Old 06-15-2007, 02:15 PM
AZ Rider
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when i bought my screaming eagle II slip-ons they were advertised as street legal
They have never been advertised as street legal.

Old 06-15-2007, 02:29 PM
Todd T
Tourer

ORIGINAL: wlbowers

ORIGINAL: bnsoftailrider

when i bought my screaming eagle II slip-ons they were advertised as street legal.......is even that going to change in denver?

Screaming Eagle II's have never been street legal. I still have a copy of the SE catalog. all of them have the racing flags. They have been discontinued for the reason they are race only and not epa compliant..

They have the Screaming Eagle Pro's. Which are street legal.

If a slipon or exhaust has been tested by Harley and labeled street legal. As long as you have not butchered them you are safe.
Good time to start a business re-coring stock pipes eeh?

Old 06-15-2007, 02:57 PM
Cav
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Big Sled

Two predictions Professor:

1. "Denver, the guvmint" is not politically geared to give a flyin' ratz-azz if every biker boycotts the place.

2. The issue of municipal noise enforcement, sometimes using dumb enforcement tools,against bikes is going to grow.[&o]
In fact, the Professor wildly overrates the clout that "bikers" have in this regard. Denver, and most cities (and their citizens) will likely be delighted that you've decided to stay away so you've just validated and reinforced (in the operant conditioning sense) their decision. And just as was stated in point two, it's a trend that is likely to grow owing to the lack of restraint on many bikers part.

I just had a look over at the BMW Motorcycle Owners of America forums and, oddly enough, couldn't find a single thread asserting that "loud pipes save lives". I wonder how enough of them survive to even have a forum with (at the moment I looked) over 200 people viewing.

Edit to add the link:
http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/

Old 06-15-2007, 03:25 PM
Professor
Road Captain
Received 190 Likes on 53 Posts

Cav
Go to the bmwsport touring forum and you will see plenty on this. Try the firestorm by jokester.

Old 06-15-2007, 03:34 PM
Brackneyc
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Cav

I just had a look over at the BMW Motorcycle Owners of America forums and, oddly enough, couldn't find a single thread asserting that "loud pipes save lives". I wonder how enough of them survive to even have a forum with (at the moment I looked) over 200 people viewing.

Edit to add the link:
What is the percentage of BMW riders as opposed to HD riders? Just curious to see if there are enough of them as compared to HD riders to be able to make that comparison.

BTW, I don't actually care if they think pipes save lives or not. Their opinion doesn't mean anything to me. In my world, BMW bikes and their riders fall somewhere just south of the Metric riders on the list of, "who the hell cares what they think."

Old 06-15-2007, 04:05 PM
Cav
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Brackneyc

ORIGINAL: Cav

Edit to add the link:
What is the percentage of BMW riders as opposed to HD riders? Just curious to see if there are enough of them as compared to HD riders to be able to make that comparison.

BTW, I don't actually care if they think pipes save lives or not. Their opinion doesn't mean anything to me. In my world, BMW bikes and their riders fall somewhere just south of the Metric riders on the list of, "who the hell cares what they think."
And cities governments think much the same of us, which is the point of this thread, since it obviously went about ten feet over your head.

Old 06-15-2007, 04:13 PM
BadBobOk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Wish my RKC had the power of those **** Sleds. If it did, I wouldn't have these loud *** V&H mufflers. Don't get me wrong. They sound cool, but after several hours on the super slab, they begin to wear on you.

Old 06-15-2007, 04:21 PM
Bobby Joe
Cruiser

I stay away from all the city's not that I have a problem with them it's just that I bought it for the open road and I'll do anything I can to avoid down town. As for Denver your right they couldn't care less about a boycott. What we need to do is pull a group of 2 or 300 and make a run through town organized of corse. But that will sure get their attention. Let me know when. It's a ways from Ellsworth Kansas but I'll be there.

Quick Reply: Boycott Denver