General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boycott Denver

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 02:08 PM
ride99fxd
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Boycott Denver

A quote from the Screamin' Eagle Catalog, "In this Screamin’ Eagle section, all engine-related performance parts with the crossed flags symbol are intended for racing applications only and are not street legal in countries
within the EC, or countries adopting EC requirements. Please contact your local dealer for more information."

Old 06-14-2007, 03:01 PM
Peekaboo Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My SEII pipes are clearly stamped "Not Legal for Highway Use." I have no illusions about whether or not I'll get a ticket if anyone wants to press the issue.

Old 06-14-2007, 04:57 PM
aquaskiman
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you've been to Denver lately, you know they ought to target thier illegal alien population--THAT is the real problem there.[:@]

The Professor

Boy you have that right Prrofessor[sm=exactly.gif][sm=exactly.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 06-14-2007, 05:21 PM
Ravens35
Cruiser

I've been boycotting Denver since I was born. Now I finally have a reason for it.

Old 06-15-2007, 01:38 AM
troopin
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Chicago is actually pretty bad as well.. do not even try to go downtown with after market pipes.. if they are not factory you get a ticket.. period end of story... tell it to the judge... and if they are factory and the cop who has a db tester says they are too loud same thing stock or not.. does not matter.. period end of story again...

Old 06-15-2007, 01:42 AM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member

I live in Arvada. Just outside Denver. I will be avoiding Denver totally! Why go there anyway? I'll just go west in the mountains!!

Old 06-15-2007, 02:48 AM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

They won't notice much of a loss in income, unless motorcyclists turn Denver into a Mini Sturgis each weekend, so we won't be hurting their feelings in the money market.

The citizens don't want the loud motorcycles either (hence the increased enforcement actions).

So a boycott will make them happy!

Old 06-15-2007, 02:57 AM
IraqIs4Lovers
Cruiser

Lets see if we can get the Broncos to get on board with this boycott. Then they'll really have a problem on their hands.

Old 06-15-2007, 03:04 AM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member

Think any of the Broncos ride Harleys? Bet they do....Think the cops will give them a ticket on the way to work?

Old 06-15-2007, 07:46 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: Professor

If the city of Denver is going to start to discriminate against aftermarket pipes, I say we should boycott Denver. This city makes a ton of money in the surrounding areas every year because of bikers. I say we thumb our noses at them and boyott the city. I don't plan to spend my touring dollars there if they decide to target bikers for noise violations. I also have the ability to boycott them in business for conferences. When a city targets a group of people, like bikers, they deserve whatever they get in return. If you've been to Denver lately, you know they ought to target thier illegal alien population--THAT is the real problem there.[:@]
Funny stuff. I didn't get the idea the city was targeting bikers!! I read it to mean the city was targeting bikers who behave like jerks.

In The American Motorcyclist (AMA publication)that I received yesterday there was an interesting quote. This was from the Mayor of Stillwater, Minnesota. "If you're going out of your way to call attention to yourself and there's an officer nearby, be prepared to get a ticket".

It looks like you will have more and more places to boycott!!

Quick Reply: Boycott Denver