General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No more stage one download?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 01:12 AM
grooveman
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No more stage one download?

So I go to the dealer today and tell them I found a set of screamin eagle street performance pipes. I tell him I am gonna run the pipes for a couple of weeks and then bring the bike in for the stage one air and download when I do the 1000 mile service.. The parts guy informs me that they did away with the stage one download for the 07 models and I will have to purchase a race tuner.. Sounds like a load of crap to me I havent read anything about this on these forums. Or is it something about the combination of the pipes and the air that requires the tuner?

Old 06-14-2007, 01:17 AM
HTRAUD
Road Warrior
Default RE: No more stage one download?

Buy a tuner, take it to an indy you will be happier.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:50 PM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it coule be crap, but my dealer told me the same thing. I already had a SERT for both bikes, but was looking at another for the daughter. If what the dealer is saying is true, then you got options. SERT, PCIII and a host of other fuel managment devices to change your AFR.

[IMG]local://upfiles/12616/6359667B810847FFA416C025297068EC.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-14-2007, 12:54 PM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I knew the stage one was bs

Old 06-14-2007, 01:02 PM
spikehyre
Road Master

Fuel mgmt systems are everywhere for the 07 bikes and my dealer is selling the same thing. These are piggyback ECMs that take readings from the 4 points utilized on the 07's. Throttle, Crank and two O2 sensors on the exhaust. The piggyback then adapts to the changes you make like exhaust updates or breather and adjusts fuel needs to peak performance and economy. I like the piggyback system over the chip because you can update as you can afford it and the system will learn from your changes....piipes first, then air just like you are planning. I used a Terry Components module and installed it myself....big changes in torque on the power curve just as promised. I have not run it on a dyno but the feel on the power band is significantly changed over stock.

Old 06-14-2007, 02:43 PM
wlbowers
Stellar HDF Member

Received 101 Likes on 44 Posts

ORIGINAL: grooveman

So I go to the dealer today and tell them I found a set of screamin eagle street performance pipes. I tell him I am gonna run the pipes for a couple of weeks and then bring the bike in for the stage one air and download when I do the 1000 mile service.. The parts guy informs me that they did away with the stage one download for the 07 models and I will have to purchase a race tuner.. Sounds like a load of crap to me I havent read anything about this on these forums. Or is it something about the combination of the pipes and the air that requires the tuner?
ScuttleButt is Harley is getting some distance between them and all things the EPA has on their crap list. The Race Tuner is still around. Probably will stay. It is the only way to address the pinging/knocking issues.

My Low Rider rattles like a can full of rocks. I am probably gonna have to stand in the lobby with a flame thrower to get them to do anything about it. And I have a race tuner.

Before you drop coin on a after market fuel management, you need to read the mega-thread https://www.hdforums.com/m_1248556/tm.htm

There are others. A lot of people are having problems that PCIII can't or won't fix. Yea there are folks that aren't having any woes but the percentage that are not is running rapidly towards the cliffs.