General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Police Target Illegal Bikers

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 12:31 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Police Target Illegal Bikers

ORIGINAL: Keith_H

A learner’s permit is a legal license.
and a dog is a cat.

If it were a legal license, it would be called a license.

In Kansas, you can get your m/c permit by taking a written test. The only restriction on driving on a learner's permit, is you must be riding WITH somebody that has a valid motorcycle endorsement, and is over 18. They can be on your bike, on another bike, or following in a car....the issue is it is a learning permit.

I would suspect most other states are the same way.

Bottom line: If you aren't legal, don't get caught driving in violation of your licensing.

Old 06-13-2007, 12:37 PM
Keith_H
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds good but all states are not the same and do not require folks with you or within a 1/4 mile of you.Kansas, Missouri and NY all have different rules for learners permits so in Missouri a dog is a dog andin Kansas a dog is a cat.

The following restrictions apply to all Missouri motorcycle instruction permit holders that are age 16 or over: No passengers, Daylight driving only.

Old 06-13-2007, 06:01 PM
Crazy Biker
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: New2Harley

ORIGINAL: Keith_H

A learner’s permit is a legal license.
and a dog is a cat.

If it were a legal license, it would be called a license.

In Kansas, you can get your m/c permit by taking a written test. The only restriction on driving on a learner's permit, is you must be riding WITH somebody that has a valid motorcycle endorsement, and is over 18. They can be on your bike, on another bike, or following in a car....the issue is it is a learning permit.

I would suspect most other states are the same way.

Bottom line: If you aren't legal, don't get caught driving in violation of your licensing.
Wrong,Pennsylvania is not like that

Old 06-13-2007, 06:18 PM
kmm
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its not the city making money

Its to curb the animals here on the rice rockets

No licenses, no reggie, no insurance etc.

No plates and whipping in and out of traffic at 130mph

Just ask any FDNY member how many of these jackasses they

scoop up a week on the West Side highway

Plus alot of them are illegal aliens too.

Old 06-13-2007, 06:36 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: dynamike74

Police Target Illegal Bikers - Police are reportedly getting tough on illegal bikers.

http://www.brainbucketmag.com/News/a.../sid=1860.html
In reading the article, how could anyone on here - armed with any sense of rationale - argue with its' stance? I'm all for law enforcement cracking down on any and all unlicensed and uninsured motorists; motorcyclists included. For reasons which are beyond me, people tend to discount the skill involved in riding a motocycle. Hence, the attitude taken by so many that one doesn't need a license to operate such a vehicle. Ride without a license or insurance - get caught - pay the price. It's as simple as that in my mind's eye.

Old 06-13-2007, 09:42 PM
LT753
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: TxHarleyGuy2007

Police Target Illegal Bikers - Police are reportedly getting tough on illegal bikers.

In reading the article, how could anyone on here - armed with any sense of rationale - argue with its' stance? I'm all for law enforcement cracking down on any and all unlicensed and uninsured motorists; motorcyclists included. For reasons which are beyond me, people tend to discount the skill involved in riding a motocycle. Hence, the attitude taken by so many that one doesn't need a license to operate such a vehicle. Ride without a license or insurance - get caught - pay the price. It's as simple as that in my mind's eye.

I agree with you 100%. Im glad alot of you feel this way. We work wrecks every day where one of the people involved has no license, no insurance, no nothing. Our own insurance has to cover it under uninsured motorists. Its not right. [:@][:@]

Lynn

Old 06-13-2007, 09:56 PM
Time2ride
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: LT753

ORIGINAL: TxHarleyGuy2007

I agree with you 100%. Im glad alot of you feel this way. We work wrecks every day where one of the people involved has no license, no insurance, no nothing. Our own insurance has to cover it under uninsured motorists. Its not right. [:@][:@]

Lynn
I agree also. As lame as some might think the test is to obtain a license, it's still required by law and as stated above, all of us pay the price for the folks that don't bother to get licensed.

Old 06-13-2007, 10:24 PM
dan69co
Tourer

Damn illegal's anyway!

Old 06-14-2007, 12:20 AM
YUCK
Road Warrior

Well after running a Budweiser beer bottle label for 27 years,,,,I got my first inspection sticker this spring....so I guess I'm a legal eagle now.....

Old 06-14-2007, 12:37 AM
CRASH
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Another thing to think about is that you don't get STOPPED for not having a license. You get stopped for whatever other stupid crap you were doing when the Cop saw you.

Quick Reply: Police Target Illegal Bikers