General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Knock off Daymaker headlights

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 11:34 AM
darrenstoner
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Knock off Daymaker headlights

I'm pretty new to this forum so forgive me if this topic has been done over a thousand times, but trying to get sense off of Facebook groups feels like head butting a brick wall sometimes and this forum has been helpful in the past!

I'm sure you're all aware amazon sell a day maker headlight for about £50.00 and the dealership one is around £400.00

A lot of people seem to highly rate the amazon knock offs, has anybody had these out in the rain and run them for a long time..surely there must be some difference in quality for this price difference, or is it really just a good deal?!

Old 09-25-2017, 11:39 AM
Tarkus60
Road Warrior

Received 304 Likes on 218 Posts

yeah there is a thread around here some where on the sunpie day maker. All pretty much positive reviews.
I plan on giving one a go in the near future.

The following users liked this post:
darrenstoner (09-25-2017)
Old 09-25-2017, 11:49 AM
jgos929
Road Warrior
Received 219 Likes on 87 Posts

I bought the Eagle Lights Daymaker off of Amazon for my 17 SG and so far its the best money Ive spent on my bike.

No problems in the rain for me but I try not to ride that often in the rain. Not sure why you would have any issues, theyre all sealed units

Old 09-25-2017, 11:53 AM
darrenstoner
Intermediate

Thats what I'm thinking, I guess I just can't get my head around the price difference. I know Harley can be expensive, but with some of the after market parts I find you generally get what you pay for and when they have been cheap, the quality has suffered in some way...maybe I should just shut up overthinking it and buy one

Old 09-25-2017, 11:58 AM
jgos929
Road Warrior
Received 219 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by darrenstoner
Thats what I'm thinking, I guess I just can't get my head around the price difference. I know Harley can be expensive, but with some of the after market parts I find you generally get what you pay for and when they have been cheap, the quality has suffered in some way...maybe I should just shut up overthinking it and buy one

If it was HID's I would be weary about aftermarket. Ive never had luck with aftermarket HID's working right or lasting. But LEDs usually don't go bad. You just have to find ones with a good light output then youre good to go

Old 09-25-2017, 12:25 PM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,476 Likes on 1,414 Posts

Originally Posted by darrenstoner
I'm pretty new to this forum so forgive me if this topic has been done over a thousand times, but trying to get sense off of Facebook groups feels like head butting a brick wall sometimes and this forum has been helpful in the past!

I'm sure you're all aware amazon sell a day maker headlight for about £50.00 and the dealership one is around £400.00

A lot of people seem to highly rate the amazon knock offs, has anybody had these out in the rain and run them for a long time..surely there must be some difference in quality for this price difference, or is it really just a good deal?!
Well..... I tried a knockoff set of LEDs on my 2014 Fat Bob, but I really didn't like the light pattern or consistency of illumination.

As you are in UK like me, you should also be aware that the beam pattern could potentially make the bike fail an MOT.

But for £50 - why not give it a go and see if you like it. Worst case, if it's good you may (or may not) just need to swap the OEM unit back in for MOT testing time.

Old 09-25-2017, 12:32 PM
Stroked16
Cruiser
Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

I purchased one off Amazon. Figured for $50 if it sucked...oh well. My plan if this one fails is from Hogworkz. I've purchased from them before, and really appreciated their customer service...but you're also across the pond.

So far, I'm happy with the Amazon light. Bright as hell, and really helps to draw the eye of the cagers. I've had a noticeable reduction in people cutting me off during the day too.

Old 09-25-2017, 01:32 PM
darrenstoner
Intermediate

yeah, I think for £50.00 its worth a go. Cheers lads

Old 09-25-2017, 07:07 PM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member
Received 767 Likes on 466 Posts

Been happy with my Sunpies.

Old 09-27-2017, 02:49 PM
Mike Escareno
2nd Gear
Default Xprite brand

I just bought a set of Xprite 4.5" passing lights for my Road King Classic. Very bright. Plug and play. $59/pair. But the only problem is when I turn them on I lose my dim light on my DayMaker 7 inch headlight. Any idea what causes that? Turn them off and the headlight works just fine. I put the old Halogen and Bulb back in and it works fine.

Quick Reply: Knock off Daymaker headlights