General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tall rider...looking for seat help

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2017 | 09:39 PM
FatBobDerek
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by REW13
Oh... If you put wife on the wee pad... Your life she will make sad..
Once you have a passenger seat on the bike to me it looks better than with just the solo seat. And it will give you more ride time as you hop on and ride with or without her..
My wife won't ride, but that's on her. If ever she wants the seat is there for her.
yeah I saw the kuryakan sets but don’t like the chrome. Still have to figure out the setup I want so will have to look at it. Comfort is very important for me so need to see how it will all work out. Thanks again!

Old 10-07-2017 | 09:43 PM
FatBobDerek
|
Intermediate

The Mustang moves me back, I have three other seats four now including the two mustangs.
The factory seat pushes me forward and high. The gunslinger sits me low and back, BUT.. after forty miles my *** hurts.. And the other seat can't think of the name, pushes me forward and low. But again the ride SUCKS.
The Mustang has a good cush and their are a few different passenger seat the are a little higher for back support.
The three inch forwards are actually to me the right extension with seat and bar position.
In case you haven't already found it here's a link for you http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/220/forward controls for controls.
thanks. Yeah i think I want a back rest for support and not have to rely on the back seat for it but I know it helps when riding without the separate back rest so have to figure that out.

All that being said, I am going to get on the demo tallboy and see how it feels. This should give me a good understanding of how it will feel to move up and back. If I like it then I can see about other seats that put me into that position, if not I can try something else.

Old 10-08-2017 | 02:01 AM
DanBO18
Tourer

I’m 6’5 wth an ‘18 Breakout. HD 3” forward controls made a big difference. Also got the Tallboy seat. It’s very comfortable, but not the quality of the stock seat. I either have to mod it or keep looking, which sucks. Also, a Tallboy seat changes the handling. It is not ideal, but a fact of life for tall guys. At first my bike would gallop over bumps because of the position causes a lighter front and sitting on the rear fender. But I had my suspension adjusted kinda stiff. Once I softened it up, the galloping stopped. I ordered 16” ape hangers as my final comfort mod to accommodate my height. Hope I like ‘em.

Old 10-08-2017 | 08:59 AM
REW13
Seasoned HDF Member

Did you switch riser too dan? And how high are you holding your arms now? At shoulder height or above?
I was just getting ready to ask fatbob if he still had original bars?

Old 10-08-2017 | 03:56 PM
DanBO18
Tourer

Did you switch riser too dan? And how high are you holding your arms now? At shoulder height or above?
I was just getting ready to ask fatbob if he still had original bars?
Harley says riser must stay the same to support the built-in digital gauge. Right now I’m leaned over to grab the stock bars down low. My back has adjusted. Not sore anymore. But looking forward to sitting up straighter. With my height I don’t expect my hands to be over my shoulders. I’m long-waisted. Hoping it works out. Apes go on in a week, along with Stage I & II, LEDs, some other things.

Old 10-08-2017 | 04:29 PM
REW13
Seasoned HDF Member

Cool.. Being vertically challenged is a pain sometimes.. I have 14 inch bars and am thinking about going to a 3 inch riser.

Old 10-09-2017 | 05:05 PM
Jorgeinseal
Novice

I'm 6'5" on a '03 Heritage, installed Arlen Ness extended foot controls, 16" apes with only a 5" pullback and a Saddlemen custom 2-up seat that lifts me up and pushes me back, can ride all day

Old 10-09-2017 | 07:38 PM
REW13
Seasoned HDF Member

Post a pic... Let's see the tall man's bike..

Old 10-10-2017 | 12:36 PM
Saddlemen
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by FatBobDerek
Hey everyone. New here. Just got my first harley this past week. Looking for some help, I have a 2016 fat bob and I am 6’6”. I am looking to see what people might suggest to help give me more legroom and still be nice and comfy. I saw Harley has the tall boy which puts the seat up 2” and back 1.75” so that helps a bit but not sure if is a comfy seat I could do a full day in or not. Also saw the lapera daddy long legs seat as well which says it sits you back 2”. Need all the room I can get. I know a lot of people aren’t fond of the Harley product seats, but it does seem like the tall boy gives you more in that is puts you up 2” and back 1.75” as well, which sounds like almost 4” total of extra space, which sounds amazing.

I will likely also be getting extended forward controls as well for more room as well.

So so looking for input. Thanks in advance.
Derek-
We can build you any of our seats to suit your specific needs. Have a look and let us know how we can help https://www.saddlemen.com/index.php?...Search&search=
Thanks!
Team Saddldmen

Old 10-10-2017 | 12:56 PM
Brian MD.
Tourer

Driven Upholstery in York PA can do seat mods. They cut the pan etc. I was told they just did one for a guy almost 7ft tall. Brad is his name and they are on FB

Quick Reply: Tall rider...looking for seat help