General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tall rider...looking for seat help

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2017 | 09:11 AM
REW13
Seasoned HDF Member

Here you go, this seat is comfortable and I can and do 300 plus mile rides on days off when nothing is planned for.

Old 09-26-2017 | 09:14 AM
REW13
Seasoned HDF Member
Old 09-26-2017 | 09:23 AM
FatBobDerek
|
Intermediate

Looks good. Yeah I can see what you mean about overhang. Comfort is most important for me so have to figure out the right options for me.

Old 09-26-2017 | 07:47 PM
REW13
Seasoned HDF Member

How much do you ride? I'll most likely do 200 plus miles tomorrow, if it's comfort,. Then this is it.. I'm 6'5 and I'm comfortable when I ride just need 1 to 2 more inches on the bars....

Here's the controls..

Old 09-26-2017 | 08:08 PM
FatBobDerek
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by REW13
How much do you ride? I'll most likely do 200 plus miles tomorrow, if it's comfort,. Then this is it.. I'm 6'5 and I'm comfortable when I ride just need 1 to 2 more inches on the bars....

Here's the controls..
so I ride into work on fridays when weather permits which is about a 45-60 minute ride each way. I will do some day rides with some friends that is probably 100 miles on the day. One week a year we go down to Tennessee and do riding for a week which is usually 200-300 miles each day. My goal is to ride more and more. Need a good stretch out on forward controls and will be adding Highway pegs to the frame as well.

Thoughts?

Old 10-07-2017 | 06:35 PM
REW13
Seasoned HDF Member

hey fatbobderek, I got the narrow mustang seat, it's just as comfortable here's some pics. now need to match the rear seat!

Old 10-07-2017 | 06:40 PM
REW13
Seasoned HDF Member

dang nabit I forgot to answer you other question... if you go with the extended controls like mine you have a heel rest and it makes it comfortable. when I want to stretch my legs I just hang them over the forward pegs. less is more to me, so I just stretch that way.
let us know what you decide to do!!!

cheers

btw in the pic of the two seats the top one is 16 inch and the one on the bike is 13 inch.

Old 10-07-2017 | 07:48 PM
FatBobDerek
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by REW13
dang nabit I forgot to answer you other question... if you go with the extended controls like mine you have a heel rest and it makes it comfortable. when I want to stretch my legs I just hang them over the forward pegs. less is more to me, so I just stretch that way.
let us know what you decide to do!!!

cheers

btw in the pic of the two seats the top one is 16 inch and the one on the bike is 13 inch.
thanks. Looks good. Question does the mustang seat move you forward or up or back or any combination of those?

I contacted a local shop that does some custom work so they said they can make me some customer forward controls extensions and custom highway pegs so going to look into that option (especially since I will probably need more than 3” that is made currently and since I want to black it all out, there really isn’t much of an option for those as everything is chrome really and he harley ones are massively expensive). They also work with some custom seat makers so i can really dial my position in a bit. Not sure if will go with custom seat or not. I will also be looking to get a back rest for those longer trips, so need to see how I am going to work all that out. I am also thinking (I know a lot of thinking hahaha) I will do a solo seat and a separate pillion pad for the wife that I can add on when she wants to ride and have a back rest for her too.

Let me know what you think.

Old 10-07-2017 | 08:39 PM
REW13
Seasoned HDF Member

The Mustang moves me back, I have three other seats four now including the two mustangs.
The factory seat pushes me forward and high. The gunslinger sits me low and back, BUT.. after forty miles my *** hurts.. And the other seat can't think of the name, pushes me forward and low. But again the ride SUCKS.
The Mustang has a good cush and their are a few different passenger seat the are a little higher for back support.
The three inch forwards are actually to me the right extension with seat and bar position.
In case you haven't already found it here's a link for you http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/220/forward controls for controls.

Old 10-07-2017 | 08:42 PM
REW13
Seasoned HDF Member

Oh... If you put wife on the wee pad... Your life she will make sad..
Once you have a passenger seat on the bike to me it looks better than with just the solo seat. And it will give you more ride time as you hop on and ride with or without her..
My wife won't ride, but that's on her. If ever she wants the seat is there for her.

Quick Reply: Tall rider...looking for seat help