General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Woooot.2018 Heritage

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 01:55 PM
Prot
Club Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 15,779 Likes on 6,696 Posts

This pad has a notch for your tailbone. In my search I also found various shorts with add on armor and padding, but many of them looked weird. Made it look like you had something back there.

http://www.amspecialtiesusa.com/gelpad.htm

Old 10-18-2017, 01:59 PM
wideglideCVO
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,382 Likes on 808 Posts

Very nice looking bike.

Old 10-18-2017, 04:56 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,126 Likes on 7,340 Posts

Congratulations!!!!

I like it.

Old 10-18-2017, 05:06 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 912 Likes on 662 Posts

I put in some longer days on my Heritage, and the seat feels good, but after 50 miles my butt starts to get numb. I have to adjust my position to break it up a bit. I'm hoping a Corbin will solve it once they have an '18 design I like....or maybe re-upholstered the stocker with better foam?

Old 10-19-2017, 10:32 PM
kb_jag
Tourer
Received 145 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by kb_jag
Im just greatful Lauren and Co bought a new heritage, started pimping it right away, and took PHOTOS and shared. Great thread, Great photos and comments and feedback from the OP. Be great to see more photos of bike now and as you go. Hear more about the monoshock, see it with bagss off etc. Be even greater if you other lucky bastards who are fortunate enoiugh to be getting a new Heritage to see your great photos and reviews in your own post. (Olive green and tempest please) Back to Lauren though, My primary concern if comfort. How long can i sit on the thing at one time and not have to worry that if I hit a few rough bits in the road I dont collapse the vertebrae in my lower spine. How do you feel after an hour in the saddle ? "More please ?"
Originally Posted by uklauren
It's not a jarring uncomfortable , the monoshock is awesome, I keep expecting to have to stand up over railroad tracks and bumps in the road but the bike sails over them effortlessly.

My issue is my tailbone, which I broke when I was young falling backwards downhill. But I can't sit at the movies without feeling that pain so an hour to an hour and a half and I need to get off my butt. Same with this new Heritage seat though it starts hurting after around 45 minutes. I guess the seat is not broken in yet and I will give it some more time. I find myself a little fidgety after 45 minutes and looking to jiggle around some, like leaning forward or shifting forward to get some blood flow moving.
That's what I'm talking about. thanks heaps Lauren !!

Old 10-29-2017, 11:46 PM
kb_jag
Tourer
Received 145 Likes on 99 Posts

And on the 8th day, the god of all that is Harley Said: Let there be additional photos of that awesome understated denim paint job on uklaurens ride. yoda knows

Old 10-30-2017, 06:04 AM
Bart van der Meulen
Road Master
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Great bike, unfortunatelly still too few ground clearance beneath the floorboards. I rode for several years a Heritage with an 88B block and was delighted about the bike. Crossed entire Europe but was browning my underpant going on roundabouts..I will never forget the sound of scraping floorboards when I entered a roundabout with a little to much speed. Normally one will lean the bike more to correct, but my floorboards were illuminating the soil like a shooting star...I never had this later with my Ultra, leaning much further than any Softail.

Old 10-30-2017, 06:38 AM
Prot
Club Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 15,779 Likes on 6,696 Posts

Originally Posted by Bart van der Meulen
Great bike, unfortunatelly still too few ground clearance beneath the floorboards. I rode for several years a Heritage with an 88B block and was delighted about the bike. Crossed entire Europe but was browning my underpant going on roundabouts..I will never forget the sound of scraping floorboards when I entered a roundabout with a little to much speed. Normally one will lean the bike more to correct, but my floorboards were illuminating the soil like a shooting star...I never had this later with my Ultra, leaning much further than any Softail.
The 2018 Heritage floorboards are mounted higher than previous years.

The following users liked this post:
Bart van der Meulen (10-30-2017)
Old 10-30-2017, 07:10 AM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,669 Likes on 6,425 Posts

Originally Posted by Prot
This pad has a notch for your tailbone. In my search I also found various shorts with add on armor and padding, but many of them looked weird. Made it look like you had something back there.

http://www.amspecialtiesusa.com/gelpad.htm
I have one very similar to this called the Butt Buffer. While not a cure all the thing does help considerably. Paid $72.50 and well worth it IMO. Only downside is if left exposed to the hot sun it gets quite warm and stays that way, same with cold. As long as I remember to cover it with something light in color such as a rag all is good.