General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best quick Detailer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2017 | 08:34 PM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Hammer 1
What is the better stuff?
You might wanna take it a little easy on eaglefan...he's clearly a professional that's sharing quite a bit of proprietary knowledge with us...and I appreciate it. Go back to Post 73 for some of the material he uses, and what uses to work it is all over his posts.

​​​​​​​Just sayin. ..

The following users liked this post:
Hammer 1 (10-05-2017)
Old 10-04-2017 | 08:37 PM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member

What is the better stuff?
​​​​​​​You edited the aggression out of this post, I see. Very apropos...

Hammer 1 (10-05-2017)
Old 10-05-2017 | 08:53 AM
PCboiler
Road Captain

Originally Posted by eaglefan1
Cquartz UK, CQuartz Finest, CQuartz, 22PLE VX and VX3, Gtechniq, Gyeon, Wolfgang, Pinnacle, is that enough? And Ive applied every one of them. You?

Sealants that are better = BlackFire, Wolfgang Ultima, Reload, Pinnacle Black Label. Ive applied every one also.

A glaze can make paint "Shine", but it won't last at all. Read the detailing forums and see how many "Pro" detailers, the guys that do it everyday all day use it. Ive seen 3 vehicles with it applied. I wasn't impressed. If you like it use it. I had customers bring it to me to use and told them no. Im not spending 10-12 hours polishing a vehicle and putting that on the paint. When I do a customers car/truck/bike, my name is on it. I won't use it. I only do it as a side gig but it is income I depend on.
Once again, if you like it use it.
Hey EagleFan, question for ya please...
the only thing that intrigued me about the TopCoat stuff was their push for matte/denim paint. (I've not tried it myself, just watched the facebook hype videos)
Currently, I only use HD Denim cleaner on the paint, nothing else...
What about your products above? Any of them prescribed for flat paint?
Thanks

pc

Old 10-05-2017 | 09:11 AM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by PCboiler
Hey EagleFan, question for ya please...
the only thing that intrigued me about the TopCoat stuff was their push for matte/denim paint. (I've not tried it myself, just watched the facebook hype videos)
Currently, I only use HD Denim cleaner on the paint, nothing else...
What about your products above? Any of them prescribed for flat paint?
Thanks

pc
I have not coated any matte finishes. I would contact Corey at
386-259-0759 | service@carpro-us.com

He is a CarPro rep, they make CQuartz products. He will be able to answer any questions about their coatings on matte finishes. Dr Beasley makes some coatings for matte paint also, but I have not had any dealings with them.

The bikes I have done with the matte finishes were throughly cleaned, chrome polished and rims done with IronX. No coatings

PCboiler (10-05-2017)
Old 10-05-2017 | 10:02 AM
billib1954
Road Master

I have used the tri-nova wheel cleaner, it works really well. Only got to use it once, son used the rest. BTW, it was a free sample.

Old 10-05-2017 | 10:30 AM
tt_ksu
Tourer

I've used Griots Speed Shine for the last couple of years. I've had really good luck with it. Their Wax and Polish does an excellent job as well.

Old 10-05-2017 | 11:17 AM
mchertel
Tourer

Originally Posted by blackxpress
I like Harley Davison Spray Cleaner and Polish in the aerosol can. It has to be good stuff because it "contains a chemical (s) known by the state of CA to cause cancer."
That's what I use too unless I am out in California then I remove it from the tour pack so I don't get arrested for having it.

Old 10-05-2017 | 04:23 PM
Hammer 1
Advanced

Originally Posted by Veekness
​​​​​​​You edited the aggression out of this post, I see. Very apropos...
Yeah after I read it again I know I came off as a dick. I must of had a bug up my *** yesterday.

Old 10-05-2017 | 05:18 PM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member

Yeah after I read it again I know I came off as a dick. I must of had a bug up my *** yesterday.
It'll probably remain our dirty little secret, though!!! LOL

Old 10-11-2017 | 03:28 PM
Jamo11
Tourer

Originally Posted by eaglefan1
Cquartz UK, CQuartz Finest, CQuartz, 22PLE VX and VX3, Gtechniq, Gyeon, Wolfgang, Pinnacle, is that enough? And Ive applied every one of them. You?

Sealants that are better = BlackFire, Wolfgang Ultima, Reload, Pinnacle Black Label. Ive applied every one also.

A glaze can make paint "Shine", but it won't last at all. Read the detailing forums and see how many "Pro" detailers, the guys that do it everyday all day use it. Ive seen 3 vehicles with it applied. I wasn't impressed. If you like it use it. I had customers bring it to me to use and told them no. Im not spending 10-12 hours polishing a vehicle and putting that on the paint. When I do a customers car/truck/bike, my name is on it. I won't use it. I only do it as a side gig but it is income I depend on.
Once again, if you like it use it.

I've never been aware of this level of detailing. Wax & buff is about all I'm aware of. Maybe a little Bug Splat on top. Where do you find this level of detailing?

Quick Reply: Best quick Detailer?