General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Toyhaulers and Motorcycles

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2018 | 06:41 PM
Ultra Mac
Advanced
Default More pics

Steve, nice write up. I'd be interested in seeing what the stabilizers look like with your ramp in the up position. Any rubbing or scuffing of the door material?
Toy haulers are great! I may wanna go for a few weeks and move around with my bike and my house/camper. I usually only go for a week to 10 days with just the bike and a tent. Renting a motel or cabin? lol

Old 04-15-2018 | 08:54 PM
dribble
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Lotaluck
I typically dont respond to these comments but often wonder if you guys have family's (may not be cool to have a family to be a real biker i dont know). To me a toy hauler would seem like a perfect fit for a guy that loves to ride but also enjoys spending time with the family. Wouldent seem right to go on vacation and have the wife drive while i proved my badassness and rode along side.
A toy hauler is definetly in my future. We could go wherever we want and i could have my bike with me when we got there. I dont know mabey im just soft.
You should know by now that everyone has to fit into a certain mold. And that mold has to be based based on someone else's opinion of exactly how you should enjoy your motorcycle, your disposable income and your freetime.

The following 2 users liked this post by dribble:
jamala00 (04-16-2018), nytryder (10-29-2018)
Old 04-15-2018 | 09:30 PM
deadbroke
Tourer

Originally Posted by FLHTCUSE KENTUCKY
We take the toy hauler to the rallies. Meet great people and have great times. Most recent rally was Ruidoso, NM. We always raise the front of the rv up enough to get the bike in and out with no problems.

Ruidoso, NM Sept. 2017
Red River, NM 2017
All I can say is,more power to you. I wish I could afford a tow rig and camper as nice as yours,and the bike is a beauty as well. Enjoy the hell out of it,I sure would.

The following users liked this post:
jamala00 (04-16-2018)
Old 04-16-2018 | 01:11 PM
tas_todd
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

A buddy at work and myself decided last minute to hit Daytona bike week for a long weekend and haul *** back. For the first time I put my bike in my toy hauler and headed to a bike rally. I gotta say...having MY camper there was the ****! Chill'n at the camper with others after a day of riding around was great. I'd do that again in a heartbeat.

roadkinglobo (04-16-2018)
Old 04-16-2018 | 02:14 PM
roadkinglobo
Supporter

My comment to those that make subtle little innuendoes about being true bikers because they ride everywhere is `that`s great!` Glad you have the time and the physical fitness level to be able to do that. For the rest of us broken-***; aging riders, sometimes a tow is the difference between riding at our destination or leaving the bike at home. As a motorcycle enthusiast, I give myself permission to ride when and for as long as I want and can. I`m told old to join an MC where as a real `biker` you have no choice when you are to do a run. You just ride and suck it up!

RKLobo

beanoboy (10-05-2018)
Old 04-16-2018 | 02:16 PM
jamala00
Seasoned HDF Member

I have a family friend and his wife that do this. Both retired. Load up the toy hauler and are gone 2-3 weeks at a crack. I'm soooo jealous...! Someday, right now I have to keep working... Dang work seems to always get in the way.

Old 04-17-2018 | 02:02 PM
Ultra Mac
Advanced

Originally Posted by jamala00
I have a family friend and his wife that do this. Both retired. Load up the toy hauler and are gone 2-3 weeks at a crack. I'm soooo jealous...! Someday, right now I have to keep working... Dang work seems to always get in the way.

Aint that the truth, I just need more time off. Nothing like having your own place along with you for multi week exploring. Home away from home.

Old 04-17-2018 | 05:42 PM
Dirty Harry
Stellar HDF Member

Our Forest River Work and Play at Camp at Townsend Tennessee...near the Foot Hills Parkway

Unloading heading for The Dragon..

Hauls three Harleys...Roadking in front middle....Lowrider on the right side and Nitetrain on the left side

Last edited by Dirty Harry; 04-17-2018 at 05:45 PM.
Old 04-17-2018 | 07:42 PM
Mallard Slayer
Road Warrior

I don't have a toy hauler but make this work! I work construction and have to do allot of traveling for my job, sometimes gone from home from April till December and take a bike with to ride when ever the opportunity arises other wise I would never get the chance

Old 10-05-2018 | 01:34 PM
bill_1202
Road Master

I was always a ride it there guy and when I was younger I thought trailering was dumb. However, now it's all changed now at age 57 and still a working man. I'm tired of the same local loops every weekend and I would love to get to a region of the country much faster with a couple of drivers and then have more time to ride there. The thought of camping added is great and high tail it 2K miles in one day and then ride the crap out my bike where I choose to stop and trailer it home faster. Less PTO days required.

Quick Reply: Toyhaulers and Motorcycles