General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SO PISSED at Harley right now....

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 02:39 PM
psoff
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by uncle kebo
Im a bit confused. HD is looking to protect itself and youre pissed.. (as stated above) I applaud HD for protecting the CVO exclusivity.
Where is the exclusivity being harmed here. I have a CVO.. it is going on that same CVO. What part of this do you not get? I'm not trying to buy the raw materials (paint). I dont want extra paint to where I can paint other parts. I just want Harely's supplier to paint the fender to match. That is it. What are they protecting? How or in what way would they be harmed? Please explain to me what they are protecting my not giving their (Harley's own) paint supplier permission to paint it.

Originally Posted by katanaplanet
Why would Gunslinger need to get a permission from Moco to paint an aftermarket fender? I can understand if he has to buy paint from them or anything else which is exclusive to HD.
Because Gunslinger is the company that paints the CVO's for Harley. They are under contract not to use the CVO colors with out permission from Harley. This is not Gunslingers fault. They are willing to paint it at a reasonable price, but cant unless Harley gives the ok. Which they said no.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 09-20-2017 at 10:42 PM.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:52 PM
5150northrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 206 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by psoff
Because Gunslinger is the company that paints the CVO's for Harley. They are under contract not to use the CVO colors with out permission from Harley. This is not Gunslingers fault. They are willing to paint it at a reasonable price, but cant unless Harley gives the ok. Which they said no.
I know you won't like this but I personally don't blame Harley Davidson for saying no...

mastergunnera8
Road Master
Received 121 Likes on 102 Posts

I am assuming that you can buy one directly from harley for like 2K? I wouldnt ping GS at all..but HD? I would think they would ask for your info, just like if you were buying a CVO protected part...that is crazy...

psoff
Cruiser

In this case Harley is not protecting anything. They are just causing their customer to go get a less than perfect job at a higher cost.

EricRay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 647 Likes on 629 Posts

So, where does a CVO motorcycle get painted if it was involved in a wreck?

Old 09-20-2017, 02:53 PM
FunGramps
Banned
Received 1,544 Likes on 900 Posts

I'm easily confused. You say Gunslinger paints CVO's for Harley under conrtact. Is the fender a HD part? Do you know if that contract also includes painting both HD parts and aftermarket parts? Also, does the contract specify if painting may be done on only the factory stock CVO parts?

Old 09-20-2017, 02:54 PM
Halojumper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,360 Likes on 854 Posts

I have a 2017 Street Glide CVO that I'm putting a 23" wheel on and have a 23" wrapped front fender that needs to be painted to match. I contacted Gunslinger Custom Paint in Colorado who is contracted to paint CVO's for Harley.
I know a chick that works there.

Old 09-20-2017, 02:55 PM
psoff
Cruiser

Originally Posted by mastergunnera8
I am assuming that you can buy one directly from harley for like 2K? I wouldnt ping GS at all..but HD? I would think they would ask for your info, just like if you were buying a CVO protected part...that is crazy...
No you can not purchase 1 from Harley. That is my argument as to why this does not hurt Harley in anyway.
If they had a 23" fender painted I would have bought it. They do not offer a 23" fender for a Street Glide at all painted or not.

Old 09-20-2017, 02:56 PM
JustDave13
Extreme HDF Member

Received 15,100 Likes on 6,141 Posts

Originally Posted by katanaplanet
Why would Gunslinger need to get a permission from Moco to paint an aftermarket fender? I can understand if he has to buy paint from them or anything else which is exclusive to HD.
They probably have rights to the formula

Old 09-20-2017, 03:06 PM
Iron lHorse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,662 Likes on 1,263 Posts

I'm hearing that word Indian more and more lately. When people get pissed a Harley .

The following users liked this post:
jamala00 (09-20-2017)

Quick Reply: SO PISSED at Harley right now....