General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Sound Systems

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 09:35 PM
Xguy
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Roadjunkie1
In the last year I purchased a sound system from Illinois Harley in Berwyn Ill. For the life of my I don't recall the manufacturer name and dont want to guess because I tried a couple others that were just plain and simple crap.

For one the amp is billet aluminum and mounts below the tank and looks like a factory part. The speakers and also billet, small, powerful and mount under the mirrors and don't stand out at all. The sound qualilty is superior!!! Very little custom wiring is needed. Outside of terminating power, everything for the most part is play and play. Comes with a very nice chrome mount for a MPE player. Did I mention the speakers are waterproof? Don't laugh, a lot of companys offer water proof speakers as a "option". I installed the system on my wifes Heritage and it has been flawless. You can also hook up a satalite receiver in minutes.

Just bought her the Harely (Garmen) Gps which has the built in MP3 player. Just plugged in the amp and off she went. The cool part about the GPS is, it will give you audible instructions and will interrupt the music while it barks out direction commands! A superior system. Did I mention, it is a superior system? The sound is as clear as a bell with a helmet on doing 70mph! And yes, she has VERY loud exhaust!

I got a deal on the sound system (as the parts manager owed me a favor) for about $250.00. I believe it is about a 100 bucks more now and you must provide your own MP3 player. I think it makes more more sense to go with an XM statalite. You can travel cross country, through the mountains and never have to change a channel. This is based on personal experience as I have XM on my Roadglide, and not hearsay! 4000 miles in a week and never lost a station! The GPS was $800.00, but will worth the money.

If you want a good system, prepare to spend a few bucks. Buyer beware, there is a lot of junk out there.

Good luck. (Illinois Harley Davidson, Berwyn Illinois. Ask for Christina)

RJ1
Are you talking about cyclesounds maybe ?

http://www.cyclesounds.com/

Old 09-19-2008, 11:42 PM
girlster8015
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ipod shuffle $40, good pair of in ear earbuds. Works great for us, over 200 songs.