General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Davidson sucks d---

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 09:06 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 49,832 Likes on 19,326 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron750
That would go along with the thread title. A lot of what I don't like about HDF is in this thread. Dick wagging, putting down others rides.

And I find it odd that curse words are forbidden, but this title is OK.
Good Point Ron !!

Originally Posted by Tony P
I have a friend who traded in a perfectly good CVO SG because of a radio head malfunction.
Someone mention Radiohead

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 09-15-2017 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:21 AM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,208 Likes on 2,886 Posts

Originally Posted by brudford
That is why I will never buy a $40.000 Geezer Glide . Really a radio, GPS ! How about a propane grill and maybe a TV ? Why not just drive a car ? Buy a real motorcycle like a Sporster and get that real motorcycle experience . Just you and the road, no distractions and nothing to brake, usually . You can be riding along and enjoying the sound of that beautiful V-Twin engine, who needs a radio .

RIGHT! Riding a motorcycle is like running away from home. The idea is to leave it all behind not take it all with you!

The following 4 users liked this post by Hey Man:
DanHappy (09-14-2017), Prot (09-15-2017), SPRINGER (09-14-2017), Uncle Larry (09-14-2017)
Old 09-14-2017, 01:31 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

21 pages already, looks like the Troll did his job.

The following 2 users liked this post by SPRINGER:
GFVIII (09-15-2017), jamala00 (09-14-2017)
Old 09-14-2017, 09:34 PM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 417 Likes on 247 Posts

I have a friend who traded in a perfectly good CVO SG because of a radio head malfunction.
Check me if I'm wrong, but if the radio wouldn't work, doesn't that by definition preclude said CVO from being "perfectly good"?

Old 09-15-2017, 02:27 AM
LoneWoolf
Stellar HDF Member
Received 714 Likes on 488 Posts

Does the radio on the boat work?

Old 09-15-2017, 08:53 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by UUNetBill
Check me if I'm wrong, but if the radio wouldn't work, doesn't that by definition preclude said CVO from being "perfectly good"?
Makes sense. However, in my friend's case, it's not about the ride as it is about the music. Apparently, of the $42,000 he used to purchases the CVO, the $200 radio was the most important. Everything else was "perfectly good." Thanks for the correction.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:56 AM
sailmotion
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,846 Likes on 3,238 Posts

Makes sense. However, in my friend's case, it's not about the ride as it is about the music. Apparently, of the $42,000 he used to purchases the CVO, the $200 radio was the most important. Everything else was "perfectly good." Thanks for the correction.
To each his own, but IMHO your buddy has things bass ackwards!

Old 09-15-2017, 09:23 AM
Stel67
Tourer
Received 107 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by HoggyMtnBreakdown
Totally disagree!
So...what? A rider's so-called freedom is based on the length of his/her warranty?? Your bike is going to break sooner or later, and someone's going to have to fix it? Freedom is choosing who that will be. So you have a choice. Make enough money so you can pay a dealer or other bike tech do it, or acquire the know-how to do it yourself. To me always having to depend on someone to look after/maintain/fix your ride is not really freedom at all. Back in the day, guys who rode Harley's didn't depend on the MoCo/dealer to fix their ride. They did it themselves or had a circle of friends who rallied around them to get it fixed and back on the road. Then came the 90's and every white-collar baby-boomer yuppie wanted to be a weekend warrior badass biker, but didn't want to learn how to wrench a bike, so they figured that since they spent their disposable income on a toy bike, they were entitled to have the MoCo make and keep perfectly running machines for the duration. Unfortunately, the MoCo caved and began catering to these...people. Harley's are now luxury items and the dealers have turned into department stores. Matches most people's definition of "freedom" these days: administered by the government. But I won't get into THAT!

I have quite a few ASE certified buddies and know a really good indie HD mechanic, can pretty my guarantee none of them can fix a faulty GPS unit... No indie or dealer is going to fix this they will just replace it. I personally like the new technology and that is why I ride a 16 SGS I bought it knowing full well there are a lot of things that could break that I nor anyone I know would be able to fix. It has another year of warranty left and you can bet your *** if any of the tech items act up I am going strait to the dealer to get it sorted while it is under warranty. Now once the warranty is up it is going to be a crap shoot as to how long these tech items will last. I have owned a lot of Harleys, this bike is the first one I have ever considered buying an extended warranty on just because of the tech items.

Old 09-15-2017, 10:29 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,075 Likes on 2,558 Posts

Originally Posted by Queen-of-Clubs
They sell girlfriends at the Reno HD?
I'm going there to "shop".

Old 09-15-2017, 10:33 AM
flhchaz
Club Member
Received 1,357 Likes on 513 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^What about test rides?^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^