General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harleysaki...

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2017 | 05:10 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by TroubleHead Fred
Ever since the above thread/poll was started it has consistently ran with about a two thirds majority against the new bikes. I have been to my local dealer and the majority of people in there looking was bad mouthing the looks as well.

wow. a sample size of 459. that surely is representative of the entire Harley community

They will never keep the snowflakes happy, they want a metric bike with Harley badges.

you know, this whole 'snowflake' thing has gotten so played out. anyone who doesn't agree with someone is almost automatically labled a snowflake anymore. if you like something, great. if someone doesn't happen to like what you do, so what? your opinion (i'm using the royal we here, not you specifically) is not anymore valid than anyone else's. takes all kinds to make the world go 'round.

Originally Posted by Glyder54
Anyway talking with the sales guy with 30 plus years even he said they screwed the pooch this year ecspecialy on the Heritage. He said same as me...sucked the Heritage right out of the Heritage.
wow, almost like they planned it that way. oh wait....

Attached Thumbnails Harleysaki...-capture.jpg  

Last edited by skratch; 08-29-2017 at 05:24 PM.
Old 08-29-2017 | 05:33 PM
Mid-Night-Rider
Tourer

I like the '18 models.... There I said it... Few minor details I'm not thrilled with, but overall I like the direction they went.

I've always liked the look of the softail, but never liked the handling and low lean angle clearance. That's why I've stuck with the Dyna. What I don't like about the Dyna is the swing arm mounted to the transmission which is bolted to a rubber mounted engine. To me this is a fundamental flaw.

On paper, the new models check off a lot of boxes I didn't like about the previous Dynas & Softails. If they handle and perform as well as people are saying they do (I would have to see for myself), and I didn't just finance a new truck, I would be all over one. Although I would wait another year to see how they shake down and hopefully better paint options.

Old 08-29-2017 | 06:15 PM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member

I rode a new Heritage,Fat bob ,Fat boy today. All I can say is what a great ride and the
Fat Bob is the ****.. Fast and fun. I just might buy one for around town. It's good for a
Geezer to get out and blow out the dust..My advise is go ride them and then post what you think.

Old 08-29-2017 | 06:29 PM
TroubleHead Fred
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by skratch
wow. a sample size of 459. that surely is representative of the entire Harley community

you know, this whole 'snowflake' thing has gotten so played out. anyone who doesn't agree with someone is almost automatically labled a snowflake anymore. if you like something, great. if someone doesn't happen to like what you do, so what? your opinion (i'm using the royal we here, not you specifically) is not anymore valid than anyone else's. takes all kinds to make the world go 'round.

Until some real numbers come out that is about all there is to go on. Where do you get your numbers that disprove the poll?

In post #44 I stated in bold "My opinion is just my opinion but it is the only one that matters when it comes to my purchases. I'm sure most folks feel the same way about their opinions and their purchases."

Originally Posted by skratch

Forgot to address this part of your post. I think the "snowflake" label is used for people who think they are unique and the whole world should change to meet their special needs. Seems to me, it applies in this case. JMO

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 08-29-2017 at 10:48 PM.
Old 08-29-2017 | 06:45 PM
jz78817
Road Master

I'm sorry, didn't mean to hurt your little feelings. Bless your heart.
LOL this from the guy actually having the meltdown. You're the snowflake who can't handle the reality that Harley isn't doing what you want them to.

The following 2 users liked this post by jz78817:
ChrisHo (08-30-2017), Rakthi (08-30-2017)
Old 08-29-2017 | 07:06 PM
TroubleHead Fred
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by jz78817
LOL this from the guy actually having the meltdown. You're the snowflake who can't handle the reality that Harley isn't doing what you want them to.
I'm not upset at all. I originally said I was disgusted and disappointed and that was about the extent of my "meltdown". I'm well aware that the MOCO isn't catering to my crowd and hasn't for years. That doesn't stop me from giving my opinion and those who don't like that can take it anyway they like.

In the end I won't lose 30 seconds of sleep worrying if they will sell or not. I'll bet the executives and large shareholders will not be able to say the same...

Originally Posted by jz78817
don't call people "snowflakes" when you're the one constantly pissing and moaning about things.
Funny how things come around, just ran across this. Post #128 in this thread link you are whining about the whiners and calling them snowflakes. I guess you've really matured in the past week and now find the term offensive.Pot meet kettle. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...l#post16559255

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 08-29-2017 at 10:48 PM.
Old 08-29-2017 | 07:35 PM
katiedog
Cruiser

What is the "Mount Gushmore Fiasco?"... I went from a 2002 Road King Classic to my 2016 Ultra Limited last July.I got an excellent deal on it and really enjoy it.

Old 08-29-2017 | 07:46 PM
203Cree
Road Master

All you whining about pissing off the core market.... you realize that the "Core Market" is 55 plus right now, right? You dumbasses are well on your way to being in a nursing home or the grave. The future doesn't belong to you anymore. You've already spent your money, we don't care what you want. Most of your guys' next rides will have 4 legs and have tennis ***** on the feet, or 4 wheels and be propelled by an orderly. We get it, you're cranky and you hate change. Welp, the world will go on without you, and it's going to change along the way.Shut up already.

Old 08-29-2017 | 07:51 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by SWThomas
I always love how people hate on **** because they can't afford it.
Actually, I could pay cash tomorrow for any bike the Moco makes, including CVO.
I hate 'em 'cause they're rice; pure & simple. My biggest gripe? The Softail frame no longer mimics the lines of a rigid; they mimic the lines of a Honda VLX.
They changed 'em just for the sake of change, & to cater to young people. And Dickey hates change for the sake of change. Young people ain't interested in bikes; just the latest iPhone ap or video game.
I guarantee no one who ever wanted a Harley didn't buy one 'cause he didn't like the way it handled. They bought a Harley because it MOVED them. It created a desire to own it. Not 'cause it handled like a Dookotty.

Last edited by dickey; 08-29-2017 at 07:55 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by dickey:
AJSHOVEL (08-30-2017), bjewell (08-29-2017), LXT (08-30-2017)
Old 08-29-2017 | 08:03 PM
cvaria
Supporter

Originally Posted by dickey
Young people ain't interested in bikes; just the latest iPhone ap or video game.
this **** again? get off my lawn!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Harleysaki...