General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harleysaki...

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2017 | 08:15 PM
jz78817
Road Master

funny thing is, I used to really dislike the Softail Heritage Classic. I'm not that old, so its abundance of chrome and chrome-studded bags & seat turned me off. But now... now I could see this replacing my Switchback:

would prefer a wheel option (laced is ok, rather cast) and I'll need to put my re-painted Softail Slim bobbed front fender on it, then it'd be perfect.

Old 09-01-2017 | 09:02 PM
hellonewman
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by jz78817
funny thing is, I used to really dislike the Softail Heritage Classic. I'm not that old, so its abundance of chrome and chrome-studded bags & seat turned me off. But now... now I could see this replacing my Switchback:

would prefer a wheel option (laced is ok, rather cast) and I'll need to put my re-painted Softail Slim bobbed front fender on it, then it'd be perfect.
Saw one in person last night, just not a fan of the blacked out lower windshield.

Old 09-01-2017 | 09:20 PM
lexpert
Intermediate
Default Icky

"Icky" is the Grinch that's stealing our Christmas...

Live Long and Prosper Harley of New!

Old 09-02-2017 | 05:53 PM
bjewell
|
Seasoned HDF Member

This isn't a Switchback it's a Brokeback...

Old 09-03-2017 | 09:32 AM
jz78817
Road Master

Originally Posted by hellonewman
Saw one in person last night, just not a fan of the blacked out lower windshield.
it reminds me of a Panhead Electra Glide I occasionally see at Wolverine, though those had a red lower windshield:

similar bike, but the one I see is all white. maybe a nod back to that.

Originally Posted by bjewell
This isn't a Switchback it's a Brokeback...

Last edited by jz78817; 09-03-2017 at 09:35 AM.
The following users liked this post:
bjewell (09-03-2017)
Old 09-04-2017 | 09:13 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by hellonewman
a windshield is a real easy thing to change....

Old 09-04-2017 | 09:31 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member

"Harleysaki?"

Enough of this "Harley now looks like an Asian bike" crap.

What would happen if an Asian motorcycle company made a "Harleyesque" type bike? Or any other company for that matter? I know they dance around similarity.

I bet the MOCO has a team of attorneys, just waiting to "protect the Brand's image...."

Old 09-05-2017 | 06:00 AM
TroubleHead Fred
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
"Harleysaki?"

Enough of this "Harley now looks like an Asian bike" crap.

What would happen if an Asian motorcycle company made a "Harleyesque" type bike? Or any other company for that matter? I know they dance around similarity.

I bet the MOCO has a team of attorneys, just waiting to "protect the Brand's image...."
Yea, but do you think the moco lawyers can convince a jury that yamaha and honda have been copying their 2018 RiceGlide bikes for the last 25 years?

The following users liked this post:
kknickmeyer (09-05-2017)
Old 09-05-2017 | 06:18 AM
hellonewman
Club Member
Riders Club Member

I wonder if the government (aside from EPA) has any influence on a bikes design like they do on a car? Probably have some influence. This is the reason cars are all looking more and more like each other compared to previous decades where freedom of design produced iconic looks we'll never see again. Some of the requirements driving car design are pedestrian frontal impact requirements! Thats what killed the 2005/2006 FordGT supercar as of Jan 2007 which has now been redesigned so that person you hit lands in a certain way on the car minimizing injuries. Of course that doesn't apply to a bike but just putting that thought out there as the bikes get more and more tron-like in appearance. And really, how many different ways can you make a 2 wheeled thing look? Pretty limited when there's no body or the option to have a roof or not.

Originally Posted by skratch
a windshield is a real easy thing to change....
Agreed. But to me it was a visual obstruction from the seat I would rather not have to achieve a look I don't like. So it now has 2 reasons to take it off which is a waste. They should offer it without it as an option and provide a credit. Not a fan of fairings either

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 09-05-2017 at 12:47 PM.
Old 09-05-2017 | 10:04 AM
6 gun
Seasoned HDF Member

Ok I'll confess, that I liked the Dynas I thought they were the best looking motorcycles Harley ever built, plumb to the point of trying to make my Road King look like one. So "if" anyone has the right to be a hater it would be me. However I got to thinking about it, and I realized that I automatically started hating with out a cause. The only thing that I have planted my butt on was my Road King and this leather covered easy chair, so I think I'll make a run up to Ft Worth Harley Davidson, and try it find a Monotail that I could live, and be happy with. I'm not going to buy new, but at least I'll know what to look for when the 2019s or 2020s come out, and by then there will be some more Screamin Eagle, or aftermarket performance parts out in the market. Just as soon as my phone charges up, and my daughter call me back, I'll head out. When I get back I'll know for sure one way or another, about what's what. I probably wont test ride one, but I plan to look and see, how they feel to me. One of three things will happen, I'll quit hatting, or I'll know which sportster I'll buy next year, or I'll trade one last time. Either way I'll get 250 miles of wind therapy, on a beautiful day.

Quick Reply: Harleysaki...