General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harleysaki...

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2017 | 12:59 PM
Prot
Club Member
Veteran: Navy
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by skootchnc
after 14x,xxx the only way MY bike can go up in value...... is when I fill the fuel tank....
LOL
I was quoting a number of people's idiotic statements that were flowing like diarrhea all over the forum in more threads than I can count.

Old 09-01-2017 | 01:51 PM
Hannibal Smith
Road Captain

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
There are at least two of us in this thread that can easily buy one of every 2018 Harley-Davidson being sold today, and pay cash for the whole lot. Including me.
Don't be down on yourself if you cannot afford the new M8. Trying to put on a brave face isn't going to change that. Nobody here thinks anything less of you, we have all made bad choices, maybe you should have stayed in school etc.

Don't beat yourself up, we think you are a champ!

Old 09-01-2017 | 02:15 PM
QNman
Supporter
Supporter

Originally Posted by Halojumper
That's a good article. I remember being around during those times and I recall that the reason they stopped the FXR was because "the loyal" all said it "looked too jap". The Dyna was an attempt to keep the handling, while having it look more like a traditional FLH frame. I don't believe they every matched the handling.

Are you sure about that? There's no reason it couldn't be a standard with at the frame and just have that piece bow more to accommodate the wider tire.
Just quoting from the Harley engineer in the Laidlaw interview above...

Old 09-01-2017 | 03:42 PM
Rakthi
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Dynamick
I think you mean Fat BOY and Breakout, as they're the models with a 240 rear tire.
Oops, you are right. My bad.

Old 09-01-2017 | 03:46 PM
Prot
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Check out this 2018 Deluxe with a few accessories. I added a friend's name to it due a discussion in another section. Something like this has a lot of appeal to a traditionalist like me.

The following users liked this post:
ChrisHo (09-06-2017)
Old 09-01-2017 | 03:55 PM
Honey-Badger
Seasoned HDF Member

Can I get a loan?

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
There are at least two of us in this thread that can easily buy one of every 2018 Harley-Davidson being sold today, and pay cash for the whole lot. Including me.

I'm allowed to say I don't like something. I'm allowed to say I don't want something. I'm allowed to say I don't intend to buy something.

That doesn't mean I can't afford it. I can afford it.

The vast majority of us in this thread are trying to have a conversation, and we don't need your insults. If you want to participate in the conversation, fine.

If you're here to insult everyone who you don't agree with, then leave.

Old 09-01-2017 | 04:08 PM
DaddyKnuck
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Prot
Check out this 2018 Deluxe with a few accessories. I added a friend's name to it due a discussion in another section. Something like this has a lot of appeal to a traditionalist like me.

Are those the Heritage bags? For some reason they look a lot better on the Deluxe.

Old 09-01-2017 | 04:11 PM
jerryt87
Road Master

Originally Posted by Prot
Yep. It's part of the reason I am like I am and live like I live. I don't understand the world anymore so I largely have stopped living in it. That's another discussion though.

The following users liked this post:
bjewell (09-06-2017)
Old 09-01-2017 | 04:32 PM
Prot
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by DaddyKnuck
Are those the Heritage bags? For some reason they look a lot better on the Deluxe.
No, they are bags from the parts and accessories catalog.

Harley has introduced something they call the Holdfast collection which is an improvement of their previous quick detach system. The tour pak is part of the holdfast collection and if I remember right, the bags are too. If you look at all the different things in the holdfast collectio, then it begins to make a little bit of sense of why they left off a sissy bar/back rest and rack off if the Heritage.

Once you get past the initial shock, there are a lot of cool things they have done and options available.

The tour pak is available in a solo version that serves as a rider back rest that comes off easily.

Again, I am not buying, but I like learning about stuff in case something happens to my old bike. The last few times I rode it before having to park it for health reasons, I had some very close calls including stopping only one inch from broadsiding a van.

Old 09-01-2017 | 04:48 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member

I like the new bikes. Not in the market to trade now but would if I could!

Quick Reply: Harleysaki...