General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harleysaki...

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2017 | 11:31 AM
Bamaglider
Cruiser

Originally Posted by AJSHOVEL
This is the best quote in the whole darn thread, lol. Thanks for keeping some humor here!!!
the sarcasm feels strong with this one, but seriously my WG 103 HO to me has a more traditional sound just need more then stock exhaust, which will come soon enough yea it doesn't quite idle the same as the older bikes with the wasted spark but I still think they sound good just not a deep enough tone and a bit too quite

Old 08-30-2017 | 01:27 PM
04Hali
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Bamaglider
the sarcasm feels strong with this one, but seriously my WG 103 HO to me has a more traditional sound just need more then stock exhaust, which will come soon enough yea it doesn't quite idle the same as the older bikes with the wasted spark but I still think they sound good just not a deep enough tone and a bit too quite
So you agree that it doesn't have the sound of a carbed Shovel or EVO.

Old 08-30-2017 | 01:42 PM
Bamaglider
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 04Hali
So you agree that it doesn't have the sound of a carbed Shovel or EVO.
well of course not, but stills sounds better then a m8, but I still think most sportsters sound better then the TC but the TC does have more traditional sound in my mind either way I like the way it idles

Old 08-30-2017 | 01:45 PM
mike in dallas
Road Master

Someone always says the sky is falling. Nothing stays the same forever. That would be boring

Old 08-30-2017 | 02:21 PM
Prot
Club Member
Veteran: Navy
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by mike in dallas
Someone always says the sky is falling. Nothing stays the same forever. That would be boring
And we would still be riding single cylinder Harley's

Old 08-30-2017 | 02:59 PM
Russ103
Advanced

Originally Posted by TroubleHead Fred
I also think in the near future they will see a large decline in sales over this new frame. You can't keep pissing off your core base with changes they don't want (66% against 33% in favor) and expect otherwise.
An innovative company doesn't give it's customers (core, or future base) "what they want". They create new things that those customers have yet to imagine.

HD is one of the largest vehicle manufacturers in the world, with that they employ a lot of very creative, smart people who bring new ideas to their bosses, who then decide on what makes it to production.

Perhaps HD isn't the best example of this theory, but I am paraphrasing Steve Jobs' saying of giving the consumer a product they never even knew they needed/wanted.

Actually, I think he said (paraphrase again) "You can't make what the customers say they want, because by the time you get it to the store, they'll want something different"

I look at HD's bikes just as I do at cars/trucks. I have an F-150, and the same thing occurs on their forums every time Ford makes any major change to the truck. Almost to a T, the comments are all about how Ford "Should do this", "This is my last truck from them", or "I"ll never trade for a new one again", etc. When in reality, newer models of anything out there always outperform people's experience compared to the previous ones.

Old 08-30-2017 | 03:54 PM
jz78817
Road Master

Originally Posted by Russ103

I look at HD's bikes just as I do at cars/trucks. I have an F-150, and the same thing occurs on their forums every time Ford makes any major change to the truck. Almost to a T, the comments are all about how Ford "Should do this", "This is my last truck from them", or "I"ll never trade for a new one again", etc. When in reality, newer models of anything out there always outperform people's experience compared to the previous ones.
this is a good example. When the Ecoboost V6 first came out, pearls were clutched and garments were rent in fury over "ain't nobody gonna buy nothing but a BIG OL' 'MURRICAN V8 in a truck!"

And yet- by 2017- 65% of F-150s are sold with the 2.7 and 3.5 Ecoboost V6s, with only 25% opting for the V8.

Last edited by jz78817; 08-30-2017 at 03:57 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Russ103 (08-31-2017)
Old 08-30-2017 | 05:12 PM
hellonewman
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by Bamaglider
my TC has the potato potato sound in my opinion and it is currently bone stock I love it 103 HO
Owning a shovel head and a 103 right now I can honestly say as much as my 103 has a lump to it (I turned the idle down with my FP3), it doesn't sound like my shovel head at all. I wish it did sound like it, I really do but I figure the only way to make that happen is to have custom flywheels made of tungsten to add mass that fit the TC case so I can idle it right down along with other oiling system changes etc etc. Easier to buy the second bike with the sound you want. The TC is better in every other measurable way though.

Old 08-30-2017 | 06:52 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member

I had metrics all my life until I retired. Got my first H-D in Aug. 06. It was an 07 FXSTC. All vivid black and dripping in chrome. Best fit and finish on any of the three dozen metrics that I had over the years. Mostly Hondas but a couple of Kawasaki's, Yamaha's, Suzuki's and a Norton.

I like'd the H-D's so much that I acquired several of every family from the Street to the CVO's and a trike. Made some into show bikes and one into a drag bike with a 120R. Then went back in time with a couple Evo Springers and a 58 FLH Pan.

The shop that I built for them is bursting with 23 models and the 24th ( Fat Bob w/114 M80).

I have toured all the families across the North American Continent for about 400K miles and they got me home every time. Well except the Street Rod's fuel pump went out in Hannibal Mo. this past April. But I have forgiven it.

I'm only 77 and not H-D's target market demographic. I love motorcycles of any kind from a 35cc Chinese scooter to a Boss Hoss.

I have been more than pleased with the direction of new H-D models. To that end I put my money where my mouth is and added the Fat Bob 114 to the collection. It will set between the 14 Vivid Black Fat Bob and the vivid black 16 Low Rider S. I kike any color as long as it is black.

God bless America - God Bless Harley Davidson.

Last edited by lh4x4; 08-30-2017 at 06:54 PM.
Old 08-30-2017 | 07:55 PM
triumph900
Road Captain

I rode a 114 Fatbob. I owned a 2013 Fatbob. I can't think of any area where the new Fatbob wasn't a lot better than the old Dyna. Smoother, faster, better ergos, better brakes, better handling, etc. I know many people don't like change, but damn, the new Softtails are very nice.

Quick Reply: Harleysaki...