General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harleysaki...

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2017 | 10:17 PM
FunGramps
Banned

Originally Posted by Cygnusx51
when you baby boomers die off.
That was rude. Unless you're being sarcastic. If not, know that there are many baby boomers who could easily teach you the manners your parents didn't. Get my drift, young man?

Old 08-29-2017 | 10:23 PM
pld578
Advanced

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
I'm not hating. I'm keeping my sense of humor. I love my bike.

Keep your f**king politics out of this. If you want to spout your political garbage go down to the POD sewer where you belong.

F**K POLITICS.
Go back to your safe space, snowflake.

Old 08-29-2017 | 10:28 PM
Prot
Club Member
Veteran: Navy
Riders Club Member

[quote=Bamaglider]my TC has the potato potato sound in my opinion /quote]

I have to disagree.

Old 08-29-2017 | 10:31 PM
FunGramps
Banned

Any Harley is better than no Harley.

The following users liked this post:
XL1200C_0112 (08-29-2017)
Old 08-29-2017 | 10:38 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by pld578
Great post.
The whiny bitches that are complaining about the new, superior bikes remind me of the libtards that still haven't gotten over the election.
Put on your vagina hats and get over it!
Go back to your safe space, snowflake.
...I would'nt talk too much about stupidity, coming from the a-hole state of California.
Troll.

The following users liked this post:
Rakthi (08-30-2017)
Old 08-29-2017 | 10:43 PM
Honey-Badger
Seasoned HDF Member

in 100 years, some old Dudes will be whining about the 2118 models... giving Harley 3 more years to go belly-up.

Old 08-30-2017 | 12:58 AM
musicnbikes
Road Master

Originally Posted by bjewell
Sorry, for the fans of the '18s, well welcome to the new world. The don't look like, feel like or sound like the Harleys I've ridden since forever. Yeah, I'm old so what?

I think Harley will be in deep, deep trouble within three years. Someone here mentioned the "New Coke" fiasco. This looks the same to me... YMMV

"The stiffer and quicker-responding single coil-over shock Softail chassis with improved suspension brings handling up to date. Gone and surely to be lamented by some is the twin-shock Dyna platform, but in a weak economy what counts is price control..." Translation: make it cheap...

Making it cheaper, only to raise the price isn't a winning formula, when no one is buying, because it's too high.

Old 08-30-2017 | 01:01 AM
musicnbikes
Road Master

Originally Posted by Prot
I think on a tech spec sheet, the 2018's are superior in every way, regardless if it is comparing to Dynas or 2017 and prior Softails. The exception to this is the fact that they reduced fuel capacity on many models down to 3.5 gallons.

Sound wise, well the last bikes that sounded very traditional (translated awesome legendary) were the carbureted Evo's once they were well tuned.

Looks are subjective. Many of the 2018's look vastly different. There's a whole lot of people that hate the new look. There's a whole lot of people that like the new look. Touring models remained mostly the same. Sportster remained mostly the same. Softail Deluxe and Softail Slim don't look much different. Fat Bob obviously is a radical redesign. What I am getting at is previously alll the bikes appealed to traditionalists. The 2018's offer something to appeal to traditionalists while trying to offer something that appeals to non traditionalists.

The new frame is stiffer, which is what many have been begging for. The oil tank was moved away from the Rider, which is what many have been begging for the last few years. The forks have vast,y improved internals which is what everyone wanted. The rear suspension has more travel than previous Softail or previous dynas. That's always good. Softails have been traditionally lacking in this area and Dyna owners have been having to buy numerous addons to fix various handling anomalies. The FXR even handled better than Dynas.

The engine has more displacement, more torque, more horsepower, better throttle response and runs smoother than previous models. These are all things many people have been wanting for years.

It is laughable that people are crying about handling of the new bikes when they have yet to ride one.

Looks wise, sure. There are a number of dubious choices in styling, but purely on tech specs, these are the best bikes the motor company has ever produced.

Price wise, they aren't that much more than last year. Everything goes up in price. I used to fill up my bike with gas fir five bucks and my car for twenty. A gallon of milk sure costs more than it used to. Dollar menu has all but disappeared from fast food drive thru.

I also see a lot of envy, jealousy etc. on this forum with various comments and threads of "my bike just went up in value"

We are talking about a nonessential luxury item. We aren't talking about one of life's necessities.

What do you want? A government sponsored Affordable Bike Program?

Whining bitches. Get out and ride! I know I would if I could.
Explain how you think raising prices on a bike built for an invisible market, and alienating the core base, is going to help their sagging market Share? Sales have dropped, they've laid people off, the ship is sinking. They are grasping at straws.

Last edited by musicnbikes; 08-30-2017 at 06:16 AM.
Old 08-30-2017 | 02:26 AM
sloufoot
Club Member

Great post.
The whiny bitches that are complaining about the new, superior bikes remind me of the libtards that still haven't gotten over the election.
Put on your vagina hats and get over it!
First off, this isn't the "POD", so no need to get political here !
Next, People need to quit the name calling. It leads to nothing but hate & discontent, & expresses your own lack of vocabulary & intelligence!
This is for the most part a robust discussion. Bringing a lot of thoughts on the new & old Harley Davidson line-up. I think we can keep it that way !
I would really hate to shut the thread down just because a few can't act like adults ! But it can & will happen!
GROW UP ! If you don't have something constructive to say, KEEP YOUR FINGERS OFF THE KEYBOARD!
Have a NICE day !

Last edited by sloufoot; 08-30-2017 at 02:29 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by sloufoot:
Gozzie (08-30-2017), IdahoHacker (08-30-2017), QNman (08-30-2017), Rakthi (08-30-2017)
Old 08-30-2017 | 06:58 AM
Cygnusx51
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by FunGramps
That was rude. Unless you're being sarcastic. If not, know that there are many baby boomers who could easily teach you the manners your parents didn't. Get my drift, young man?
What part of Baby Boomers and die off is rude? Baby boomers is a label for a generation, I didn't create the term. Dying is what every single human will experience in their life, again, I'm not the cause of this biological process.

As for my parents, maybe you and Ron750 need to look in the mirror. You both are throwing an attack at them but they have nothing to do with this thread, discussion, or forum. Seems pretty backhanded don't you think? And yet you two are calling me disrespectful...lol.

Quick Reply: Harleysaki...