General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rude People - how do you handle them?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 08:12 PM
csbreeze
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rude People - how do you handle them?

He will get his. People in the company at one time or another will suprise you and get rid of him quickly when they start to move on him. He is digging a hole. Dont get in it with him.

Old 06-11-2007, 08:17 PM
YUCK
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A good slap when no ones looking....

Old 06-11-2007, 08:29 PM
2BKFXDL
Road Master

Well, karma is a beautiful thing and yes, they will get theirs.

I usually try not to engage in an arguement with a foolas they will generally beat me with experience.

For truly rude people, I quickly put them in their place and inform them that no one around them wants to hear their $hit and that their love affair with themselves should be taken to a hotel room.

Rude people generally steer away from me.....I own a crown in that category......and my wife is a true bitch. [which is why I love her so].

Old 06-11-2007, 08:43 PM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He must be slightly or more intimidated by you if he does it to others and not to you, either that or he needs you in some way or the other. I guess you can secretely hate him, ignore him or, if you think he cares about what you think, tell him how rude youthink it is to berate someone publicly even if its deserved? People who tend to talk over other people most likely wont hear a word you say anyway so its doubtful that anything you say will make a diff.

I think I would tell him what I think and if he kept doing it I would avoid/ignore him best I could.
IT sucks to put up with ***** at work when you need the job....

ORIGINAL: erockguide

I just want to beat his azz for the sake of other humans on the planet he has insulted. For some reason he doesn't do it to me, but he does to everyone else. I want to just take off my tie and get in his face. But that won't solve anything cuz this dude is probably almost twice my age and so set in his ways that my going postal on him will change nothing.

I like the 12 gauge shotgun idea though....

Old 06-11-2007, 08:45 PM
Mac57
Road Warrior

If I can't avoid them (which is preferable) I usually look them square in the eye while they are yammering away then suddenly say, "excuse me", and walk away from them. I won't do them the favor of debating them. Can't let it get under my skin because you just can't help how some people are.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Floridafred
Cruiser

Lotsa savy people evidently ride Harleys. I like the walking away part many here advise. Preferrably while he is in mid sentence. It says a lot and preserves your own dignity.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:07 PM
RoadRunR
Road Master

Glad those days are over-retired now.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:11 PM
fj4069
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i just laugh at them. i had a customer who was like that and when he got verbally abusive i just laughed right at his face. he got even more angry and demanded to see my svc manager. when she saw how he was acting they 86'd him from our dealership. just laugh at them. its the greatest insult ever.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:24 PM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member

They're not worth my time.

Hack

Old 06-11-2007, 10:49 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

interrupt them, pretend you didn't hear them, make them repeat themselves over and over if need be.

second.. don't talk to em, don't invite them to anything, and leave out dates, times and where and good details if they overhearing your conversation

third tell em what to do with themselves and flat out say I don't like your attitude around me, take ur fracking lame *** somewhere else