General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Leather Jacket to Buy??

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 03:25 PM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 264 Likes on 131 Posts

Whatever you end up with, get a collar like this pic. It's a snap. Regular collars like a sport coat will drive you nuts with all the flappin' around in the wind. Also, lots of biker leather shops out there. Sizes are different. I'd go try one on rather than online.

Attached Thumbnails What Leather Jacket to Buy??-jacket.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Walter White (04-02-2019)
Old 08-28-2017, 03:49 PM
indiandave
Road Master
Received 292 Likes on 170 Posts

You can also check out Hilside USA. They make nice vests and jackets.

Old 08-28-2017, 03:52 PM
HD_fan
Road Warrior
Received 607 Likes on 363 Posts
Old 08-28-2017, 04:04 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,548 Likes on 6,277 Posts

I lucked into my jacket. It was custom made for another guy, who was exactly my size. He got hit by a LHTurner and quit riding and sold it to me. It is super heavy, with a zip out vest. Will last a lifetime. So check if there are any local seamstresses that make riding jackets. Your local dealer would know.

I bought my my lighter weight Vented Cordura/ Leather Jacket from Hillside. It fits fantastic, and is less expensive, and way higher quality than any HD jacket. I would check them out.
https://www.hillsideusa.com/American...et-p/b5530.htm

Old 08-28-2017, 04:07 PM
rkc2006
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought the Foxcreek Vented Racing jacket about 8 years ago. The front and rear vents zip open for nice air flow. I still use it in the summer, but the jacket is great in the fall and colder weather. Very thick leather. I treat it once a year with Foxcreek's Montana Pitch Blend.

Old 08-28-2017, 04:09 PM
GroovusMagnus
Road Captain
Received 197 Likes on 95 Posts

The only reason to buy a Harley jacket is if you need to Harley Up every time you ride: Harley doo rag, harley t-shirt, Harley boots, Harley socks, Harley skivvies, Harley knuckle gloves, Harley glasses, Harley toothpick, skull rings, a chain bracelet, etc.

GM

mrmarklin (04-01-2019)
Old 08-28-2017, 04:16 PM
oldsoldier181
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 14,586 Likes on 4,795 Posts

I picked up a discontinued model HD jacket for half price. I really couldnt pass that up. I've no idea which model it is, it looks distressed, came with a hood that zipped into the collar (which was discarded immediately). I love the jacket. Fits well, I can vent it, and looks nice.

bulkman2008 (08-28-2017)
Old 08-28-2017, 04:25 PM
sbarron
Road Master
Received 200 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by GroovusMagnus
The only reason to buy a Harley jacket is if you need to Harley Up every time you ride: Harley doo rag, harley t-shirt, Harley boots, Harley socks, Harley skivvies, Harley knuckle gloves, Harley glasses, Harley toothpick, skull rings, a chain bracelet, etc.

GM
Lol... must be talkin' about y'self... I've got the Harley jacket because I liked it and was impressed with the quality, and the logo is barely visible in any case. I don't own any of those other items you listed.

Old 08-28-2017, 04:26 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by GroovusMagnus

GM
Not true. I have 2 HD jackets (one textile, on canvas) and I wear them occasionally. I bought them (one was a gift) because they fit right, look good, and are good quality. The leather jackets that I've seen are very good quality. I haven't bought one because they seem to run a little long in the torso on me otherwise I'd consider. I ride with what fits and is comfortable.....whether it says Harley on it or not. Not everyone who owns HD gear is a Harley billboard.

rauchman (07-19-2022)
Old 08-28-2017, 05:05 PM
Bopple Hill Rd
Road Warrior
Received 393 Likes on 260 Posts

Over the years, I've owned HD, Schott and I recently took the plunge for a Langlitz. Far and away, the best jacket I've ever worn, or seen for that matter, is the Langlitz. There IS a difference. I also like my HD - it's well made, fits great, is warm and the only obvious branding on it is on the snaps which I like as I don't want to be a Moco billboard.

Personally, I've never seen a Fox Creek, but have heard nothing but solid reviews.

Quick Reply: What Leather Jacket to Buy??