General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

POSSE registration available

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 06:24 PM
Jular2
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default POSSE registration available

Hi to all my HD Forums friends,

Many of you know who I am--I have posted a couple of articles here about my solo road trips. Well I had another road trip planned in July--THE POSSE--a Harley Davidson HOG sponsored ride from Wilmington, Delaware to Portland, Oregon. The starting date is July 13 and the ending date is July 30. The ride takes 17 days and there are 11 planned stops along the way. The registration was limited to 800 riders and they've been sold out for a while now. I was planning to do this ride with my fiancee but things happened and we are no longer a couple. She is going with her girlfriend, a recent widow, and has asked me not to go and I am abiding by her wishes because I still do love her, even though it seems that I have lost her. ANYHOW--HOG has informed me there are no refunds on the $500 registration fee but that I can sell my spot privately so I am offering it to to anyone who wants it for $425.00. It is also posted on eBay at that price. This is a legitimate offer than can be verified through HOG. The only requirement is that whoever purchases my spot must be a national HOG member in good standing. There are some documents thatwill have to be faxed to HOG and the rest of the details we can do by phone. There are NO hotel reservations included with this deal. If anyone is interested they can email me at jular2@aol.com or call me on my cell phone 954 804-1404. I hate to miss this trip because at 71 who knows if I will even be here for the next one. Time is running short on this so act quickly if you are interested--payment can be made through Pay Pal. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Larry

Old 06-11-2007, 06:44 PM
northern64
Road Master
Received 65 Likes on 29 Posts
Default RE: POSSE registration available

I think you should go on the ride dude! If she cannot bear to have you in a group with 798 other people then she has problems that are way beyond your control. Besides i cannot think of a better way to get happy after a relationship then getting on the bike and hittin the road.

Old 06-11-2007, 07:04 PM
Bowtieman31
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, I whole heartedly agree with northern64. With 800 people on that ride, chances are, you won't even see each other. Unless, of course, you go looking for one another. After all, YOU said it best...."at 71 who knows if I will even be here for the next one." Go and have a good time, enjoy it while you can.

Old 06-11-2007, 07:10 PM
Diver
Cruiser

i agree also, do the ride if she has a problem she can stay home. after all i am sure you paid for her ticket anyways

Old 06-11-2007, 08:35 PM
black dyna
Tourer

GO ON THE RUN

Old 06-11-2007, 08:53 PM
YUCK
Road Warrior

Do the ride..........

Old 06-11-2007, 09:26 PM
dogtownmax
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sorry to be off topic here, but im just curious about the reg fee. what is it for? does it cover hotels or food or charity or something? why would they want $500 when you can just ride by yourself, like you mentioned?

as for going, against the ex's request, well, its easy for everyone else to say "do it", but you prob know if you want to bother with that or not.

good luck either way.

Old 06-12-2007, 10:47 AM
fxdwg_rugby
Road Master

Are you nuts...Its a once in a life time ride accross the country with 798 other riders! GO! [sm=jawdrop.gif]I agree with Diver, "I agree also, do the ride if she has a problem she can stay home. after all i am sure you paid for her ticket anyways" I would really like to call you and say [sm=wtf.gif]but you have enough issuse. Best of Luck, and I know you'll make the right choice for your sanity... My prayers are with you...

Old 06-12-2007, 11:01 AM
Jular2
Road Captain

Hi--

I thought I would reply to you--I agree that The Posse is a once in a lifetime run however I did almost the same run last year my myself--9927 miles--27 states--Florida to Sturgis and then on to California and a lot of other places--32 days on the road and I was alone. There is a post here on HDF somewhere wherein I detailed that ride. I have 3 Iron Butt rides under my belt so I am not really missing anything by not doing The Posse. What I am missing is the person I thought I would spend my final years with--at 71 years of age I have no illusions--I am doing the National HOG rally in August--in Tennessee. Ride safe my friend.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:29 PM
sleepy127
Advanced

I say find another back warmer and do the ride anyway.

Quick Reply: POSSE registration available