General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: After seeing the 2018 Models are you now planning on buying one?
Yes, I like what I see
36.41%
No, I don't like any of the new models
63.59%
Voters: 714. You may not vote on this poll

After seeing the 2018 line-up, Are you going to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2017 | 07:39 PM
cvaria
Supporter

Originally Posted by LXT
It is a nice "Looking" bike, but I think you keep missing the mark - we & I am included in the "We" don't hate the bikes.....!

We hate the "issues" & cheapness associated with them, we hate a higher price for a lesser product & we hate seeing people used as a testing platform for the moco to see how a "known flawed" engine will perform.

Hopefully now you "get it" - the bike can be fixed of its short comings but that costs more money! & we don't wish to spend more on a bike that already costs too much.
i'm not aiming for a "mark". i don't pay the nonsense here any mind. i could care less who doesn't like, doesn't buy, or has man feelings about the new bikes... were they in the market? no. so the theoretical slights and suppositions mean nothing. everyone else is moving on and picking the bikes while the hate crew stews. hd doesn't care either. folks will get with the program or ride old bikes from here on out, simple as that.

Old 12-12-2017 | 09:43 AM
Geary Thomas
Tourer

facts from life, prices will go up, build quality will go down to prevent pricing going up more.....

Old 12-12-2017 | 12:31 PM
BigRed117
Outstanding HDF Member

Folks you do understand this happens every year with cars as well. Change makes folks uncomfortable. I remember when the Corvette Stingray came out everyone hated it. The rest is history.

Old 12-12-2017 | 12:54 PM
Ludwig von Buzzthoven
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Ludwig von Buzzthoven
I think the Deluxe is now the most beautiful bike Harley makes. As soon as my dealer gets one in, I am going to test ride, and will probably buy it.
My dealer unexpectedly received an ‘18 Deluxe in Electric Blue on Friday. I went there straight from work, test rode it, and bought it.

Old 12-12-2017 | 10:05 PM
6 gun
Seasoned HDF Member

It has been a brand new day, but the answer is still no, as a matter of fact when my Road King gets too much for me to handle I'll be through riding altogether.

Old 12-13-2017 | 03:31 PM
LXT
Road Master

Originally Posted by BigRed117
Folks you do understand this happens every year with cars as well. Change makes folks uncomfortable. I remember when the Corvette Stingray came out everyone hated it. The rest is history.
Well if you are talking about the 1st year stingray????? 63, yeah....look at the c1`s that came before it - beautiful....! the 63 stingray was ugly & I don't think that model really caught on?

As well the corvette didn't have oil pump issues, parts intentionally left off that were on previous year models & faux parts held on with 2 sided tape. and they got better looking

Old 12-13-2017 | 04:42 PM
BigRed117
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by LXT
Well if you are talking about the 1st year stingray????? 63, yeah....look at the c1`s that came before it - beautiful....! the 63 stingray was ugly & I don't think that model really caught on?

As well the corvette didn't have oil pump issues, parts intentionally left off that were on previous year models & faux parts held on with 2 sided tape. and they got better looking
You list your birthday as 1968. I assume your stating what you read somewhere since you were not even born at the time of the stingray release. The Corvette Stingray was introduced in mid year so obviously it’s sales numbers were not as high. Check out the Numbers the following sales year for the Stingray or the following 8 years as it broke sales record after sales record. You see my friend I was around then and owned a used Stingray corvette during that time. I did not read about it on the internet, I lived it! As far as your other unsubstantiated comments about HD are concerned, sounds to me like you need to stay as faraway from a Harley Davidson motorcycle as possible. Unless your saying all these issues just started with the 2018 models. Then I would ask you ........ why would this just start with 2018?? I understand your unhappiness with a model change but some of your comments seam very personal to me.

Last edited by BigRed117; 12-13-2017 at 05:08 PM.
Old 12-13-2017 | 04:52 PM
NMfxdf
Tourer

Originally Posted by Ludwig von Buzzthoven
My dealer unexpectedly received an ‘18 Deluxe in Electric Blue on Friday. I went there straight from work, test rode it, and bought it.
I just saw a Deluxe on Monday, hands down the best looking of the new bikes. Well done!

Old 12-13-2017 | 05:11 PM
LXT
Road Master

Originally Posted by BigRed117
You list your birthday as 1968. I assume your stating what you read somewhere since you were not even born yet! The Corvette Stingray was introduced in mid year so obviously it’s sales numbers were not as high. Check out the Numbers the following sales year for the Stingray or the following years as it broke sales record after sales record. You see my friend I was around then and owned a used Stingray corvette during that time. I did not read about it on the internet, I lived it! As far as your other unsubstantiated comments about HD are concerned, sounds to me like you need to stay as faraway from a Harley Davidson motorcycle as possible. Unless your saying all these issues just started with the 2018 models. Listen, I certainly understand folks not accepting change but “me thinks you protest to much”. I hope you don’t harbor an ulterior motive in your comments.

Actually I was born in 69 & being the nephew of a corvette collector - I would think I have "just" a little knowledge. wow.... you owned a stingray? one whole car & you`re all knowing about the brand huh?

I don't have to read about corvettes on the net - I can sit in any of a collection of 12 dating back to a 1953 convertible & up to late 70`s models. As far as Harleys go why would I stay away? I currently own 2 & have had several through out my adult life - perhaps if you read my posts you would know that? I mean after all you thought you knew when I was born & probably didn't expect that my uncle has a nice vette collection oh.... did I tell you my other Uncle through marriage (just to be correct) worked & retired from the HD York plant????? so how could I stay away from HD

Don't believe I said the issues started with the 18`s & last I checked it was my American right to protest - if you watch football you could see protesting done in the most ignorant form - don't believe anything I said was in protest what I said is the Brash.............TRUTH! sorry it is what it is & where in what I posted gave you even the smallest inkling that I have an ulterior motive?

So know that we both have tooted our horn, as far as the new Heritage goes I have always said I like the bike - BUT IM NOT going to be a test dummy for a new model that is un proven with an engine that has known problems, if you own an M8 good for you - But, many of us don't & wont until things get sorted out. Yep I know............you weren't going to buy one anyway, cant afford one, never rode one, etc...etc.... WRONG on all accounts - rode them, can afford them & was in the market for one - Guess what? I DONT WANT ONE!!!!!!! YET...!

Old 12-13-2017 | 05:17 PM
BigRed117
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by LXT
Actually I was born in 69 & being the nephew of a corvette collector - I would think I have "just" a little knowledge. wow.... you owned a stingray? one whole car & you`re all knowing about the brand huh?

I don't have to read about corvettes on the net - I can sit in any of a collection of 12 dating back to a 1953 convertible & up to late 70`s models. As far as Harleys go why would I stay away? I currently own 2 & have had several through out my adult life - perhaps if you read my posts you would know that? I mean after all you thought you knew when I was born & probably didn't expect that my uncle has a nice vette collection oh.... did I tell you my other Uncle through marriage (just to be correct) worked & retired from the HD York plant????? so how could I stay away from HD

Don't believe I said the issues started with the 18`s & last I checked it was my American right to protest - if you watch football you could see protesting done in the most ignorant form - don't believe anything I said was in protest what I said is the Brash.............TRUTH! sorry it is what it is & where in what I posted gave you even the smallest inkling that I have an ulterior motive?

So know that we both have tooted our horn, as far as the new Heritage goes I have always said I like the bike - BUT IM NOT going to be a test dummy for a new model that is un proven with an engine that has known problems, if you own an M8 good for you - But, many of us don't & wont until things get sorted out. Yep I know............you weren't going to buy one anyway, cant afford one, never rode one, etc...etc.... WRONG on all accounts - rode them, can afford them & was in the market for one - Guess what? I DONT WANT ONE!!!!!!! YET...!
Sounds to me like Indian may have a potential customer. Good luck to you and your decisions.

Quick Reply: After seeing the 2018 line-up, Are you going to buy?