General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: After seeing the 2018 Models are you now planning on buying one?
Yes, I like what I see
36.41%
No, I don't like any of the new models
63.59%
Voters: 714. You may not vote on this poll

After seeing the 2018 line-up, Are you going to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2017 | 11:25 AM
modular
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Instead of spending more I spent less and got a wonderfully fun bike that is a blast to ride.

The following users liked this post:
LXT (11-27-2017)
Old 12-03-2017 | 01:58 AM
Wizardofaus
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by PFWiz
That's the difference between our wive's then.

I would have been perfectly happy with a low mileage, red 2016 FLTRUSE.

But my wife told me to buy it. She said, (in no particular order)
"We can afford itk
"You work very hard for this family, you deserve something special"
"Riding is our favorite thing to do together"
"You are not getting any younger, this is probably the last new bike you will ever buy"

And just to set the record straight this is not the first time she has done this...

The below post is from; https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...ml#post7464335

"Well it is now official, my wife has gone completely around the bend!
The crazy women actually up and did it!
As described in my last thread about her,
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...e-my-wife.html
Momma thought we should go out and look at new bikes before I sunk 2 grand in the form of a 107 kit into the Heritage. I honestly figured she would do the same thing I do, lust after a new bike and then while looking at the price tag shake her head sadly and say "maybe next year."
Not my wife....
We went to a dealership about an hour from home because I thought my local dealership did not have a FLTRU.
She looks at the new Road Glide Ultra I like, decides it has to be black (because everyone {even my wife} knows black bikes are faster ) and starts dickering with the salesman. In the middle of all this she turns looks at me and asks "would this bike make you happy?" She then goes back to dickering, after a while she looks at me and says, "we can do this..."We go to a second out of town dealership where my wife gets all the numbers, but we don't buy anything. So much for that I was thinking... Then Momma suggests we stop at our local dealership on the way home.
They have a black FLTRU sitting on the floor. Arrived on Friday and hit the the floor on Monday. Anyway my wife marches up to the sales manager, Brian and informs him, " we just came from 2 other dealerships and heard their best offers, we would rather buy the bike from you." 4 hours later after Brian had beaten the other offers by nearly a thousand dollars we are the owners of a Black 2011 FLTRU.
I swear I honestly did not think we would end up buying a bike, but when Momma wants you to be happy anything can happen....
It's like the old commercial, "this is my wife, I think I will keep her...""
I was wife approved and rubber stamped for the 17 custom I got this March, just dropping 40k on a bike, I’m not sure that would have been blessed in the same way , I’d rather buy my custom for 13 and get her a new car with the rest ‘‘tis all I’m saying

Wiz

Old 12-03-2017 | 02:42 AM
UrbanRunner
Road Master
Veteran: Marine Corp

Well, I'm pretty darned happy with my 2014 FXDL, but I'm only a winning lottery ticket away from adding a 2018 CVO Street Glide to the stable...

Old 12-03-2017 | 07:54 AM
max56
Road Warrior

I bought a 2018 FLHXS. Sweet bike.

Attached Thumbnails After seeing the 2018 line-up, Are you going to buy?-20171130_081950.jpg  
Old 12-03-2017 | 08:00 AM
cvaria
Supporter

Puttnuts 2018 fat boy s is a thing of beauty and kills all the irration "i hate 2018 softie" nonsense. top marks for him and his vision and not being an old hater. stop by his thread and give him accolades:

Build https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...fat-boy-s.html
Current https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...fat-boy-s.html

Originally Posted by Puttnutt24
2018 Harley Fat Boy S..
114” Milwaukee Eight..
Bassani Road Rage 2-1 Exhaust..
SE8-447 Torque Cam kit..
MasterTune w/custom tune 111[hp]/129[tq]..
Valencia Red Pearl (‘19 Acura NSX)..
Meclec Metal Finishing..

Last edited by cvaria; 12-03-2017 at 08:11 AM.
Old 12-03-2017 | 08:05 AM
IdahoHacker
Club Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by LXT
perhaps you had too many cocktails when you wrote that fodder along with the video you displayed - first off cars in the 50`s,60`s & 70`s were built for head on crashes - thus the reason for DOT stepping in to dictate certain front & rear bumper designs. the newer cars are meant to "fold in" on them selves to absorb crash energy - however when hit head on they are TERRIBLE & are totaled immediately.

Paint would fade - BWahahaha dude you`re kidding me, so all the barn finds & you might want to check on line with some that were just found, I guess that paint on them that was original was just divine intervention huh? you mention cars from the 90`s..........most are rusted, wont pass an emission test & are parts donors for the cars of that era whom basically lived in someones garage, as well they don't compare monetarily to an older fully restored car, you might wanna watch some build shows & see what is "Being overhauled"

you can believe what you want as far as an Avenger causing damage - its almost laughable you think such, tell ya a quick story - I had a 76 F250 2 wheel drive - in 92 I was hit head on by a van, all was ok until I went to get out & was hit in the azz by some old lady who didn't see the accident of which I was part way out of the driver door - Now I'm effed up, But guess what.... I rebuilt that truck after buy back & for around 1k picked up some parts & drove that old bastard up until 98. Now try & do that with a newer vehicle.

Average age of cars on the road keeps getting older - your drinking you own bath water & I'm not sure what you did in it before consumption.

when a vehicle from 2000 makes it 2050 you let me know, I'm not saying new cars aren't good but don't think that old Iron wont last or take a beating, maybe your dads cougar should of been maintained better - which is what most did on the week end in those days (Because you could) - today you need a million dollars in tools just to perform basic maintenance - BTW. My uncle had a 56 Dodge pickup 3 speed non sync tranny - I learned to drive in that thing & I can tell you this as a 14 year old boy on the farm if that would have been a 2016 truck It would still be in the field dead as hell, I didn't know what I was doing drove that thing into & through more farm yard obstacles than I could fix after driving it & well golly gee - if ol Unc didn't have that truck until the early 80`s & was still road worthy & we live in PA were salt, potholes & road cones/barriers are a way of life.

I'm not putting down the new cars - but ill stick up for the old cars in many respects, not sure your age? but internet can do a lot of things, I lived it - perhaps you should of!
Good lord, man. You're utterly delusional.

The following users liked this post:
Rakthi (12-03-2017)
Old 12-03-2017 | 01:56 PM
LXT
Road Master

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
Good lord, man. You're utterly delusional.

Really? And I thought I was factual? delusional would be the person I responded to who posted on a thread about new cars vs old cars & clearly didn't have any clue regarding that - let alone the thread we`re in?

Perhaps you can elaborate on what you find "delusional", after all I thought this was a thread about buying a 2018 model HD? BTW........(so there's no faulty judgement) I answered NO I wouldn't buy until the moco corrects some of the M8 issues.

Hope I cleared it up for ya!

Old 12-03-2017 | 02:06 PM
Ludwig von Buzzthoven
Road Warrior

I think the Deluxe is now the most beautiful bike Harley makes. As soon as my dealer gets one in, I am going to test ride, and will probably it.

Old 12-03-2017 | 02:06 PM
LXT
Road Master

Originally Posted by cvaria
Puttnuts 2018 fat boy s is a thing of beauty and kills all the irration "i hate 2018 softie" nonsense. top marks for him and his vision and not being an old hater. stop by his thread and give him accolades:

https://youtu.be/Xm9ETrAarEM

It is a nice "Looking" bike, but I think you keep missing the mark - we & I am included in the "We" don't hate the bikes.....!

We hate the "issues" & cheapness associated with them, we hate a higher price for a lesser product & we hate seeing people used as a testing platform for the moco to see how a "known flawed" engine will perform.

Hopefully now you "get it" - the bike can be fixed of its short comings but that costs more money! & we don't wish to spend more on a bike that already costs too much.

Old 12-03-2017 | 02:14 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member

Well,
The answer to the OP's question that my brother just gave, was a resounding....YES!
Traded his 2016 Roadie for this gorgeous 2018 Road Glide Limited. Wow, if your a Fugly lover, this is one awesome motorcycle!

Attached Thumbnails After seeing the 2018 line-up, Are you going to buy?-img1944025149.jpg  

Quick Reply: After seeing the 2018 line-up, Are you going to buy?