General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: After seeing the 2018 Models are you now planning on buying one?
Yes, I like what I see
36.41%
No, I don't like any of the new models
63.59%
Voters: 714. You may not vote on this poll

After seeing the 2018 line-up, Are you going to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2017 | 05:25 PM
QNman
Supporter
Supporter

Originally Posted by LXT
Well....I have been watching the used market & decided to put money on what I think is a good deal: 2015 Heritage softail, V&H pipes, V&H fp3, all lights upgraded to LED with Daymaker headlight, infinity stereo system & other than that basically a stock bike creating a nice platform to expand - 3600 mile garage queen for $11,500.00
That's a smoking deal!

Stereo on a Heritage??

Old 09-30-2017 | 01:45 PM
jz78817
Road Master

took a test ride on an '18 Heritage Classic.

I'm sold on it. Just going to wait for spring so I can pay off the FZ-09, and I'd rather not buy a bike right now just to park it in storage in a month.

Old 09-30-2017 | 09:33 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member

Well my 2008 FLHX Street Glide was my first ever Harley. We lov d it and logged 28k miles. But the 2010 Ultra was a much better bike for us. The new frame, bigger tires made for a better handling bike and we kept it 7 years and logged 56k miles. The 2016 Limited we bought in July of 2016 was had and shoulder shock above both for the first two. The Rushmore's are more comfortable , handle great and the bigger 103 has plenty of power and the Boom is great for me. We love the 2016 and logged 14k miles in one year without a single issue except for rear shocks!

My wife drove all three of the above purchases. All was good and we both really liked the 2016 Limited. That was until last Wednesday when she called me to inform me we were trading for a new 2017 CVO Limited!

Well we did our first real ride on it today. Rode 237 miles some interstate and a lot of two lane curving roads. All I can say is WOW! Thank you honey you did good! I had no idea how much better I would like the M8 and the CVO version.

The bike handles perfectly, the 114 has so much power, twist the throttle in any gear and WOW she is quick. I can take all the things we liked about the first three Harley touring bikes and multiply x 10 and that is how much better this bike is. If it gives me the same long term dependability I have enjoyed with the others I will be extremely happy. I am really glad we made the move up.

Don't Form an opinion on the new bikes until you have riden them. Very impressive!

2017 CVO Limited
Spike Olive
Serpentine Green / Carbon Dust

Last edited by Cosmic Razorback; 09-30-2017 at 09:35 PM.
Old 10-01-2017 | 07:04 AM
army_eod
Road Warrior

Nope. No more V-ROD or Dyna. No automatic trans. No liquid cooling. No innovation. No new designs. No use of lighter materials so we don't push around a 900 pound lead sled. They are in trouble.

Old 10-01-2017 | 07:41 AM
confederate
Most Wanted

This poll isn't inspiring at all. Future reported sales figures and stock prices will confirm or debunk what we are seeing here. Hopefully the moco can entice enough customers willing to become lab rats for these bikes with the new c8lyn motor. This will help ensure that future customers will have a more pleasant ownership experience going forward, especially those sensitive types they are targeting. Having done test rides on the baggers last year and the fatboy and fatbob this year, I'm simply not a fan. Nothing more, nothing less. Best of luck to all, and I mean that.

Old 10-01-2017 | 07:45 AM
Ludwig von Buzzthoven
Road Warrior

I saw a few ‘18s in person for the first time yesterday.

1) The Fat Boy was nicer than I expected. I like the sparkle black paint, whatever it’s called.
2) The Fat Bob was as ugly as I expected.
3) The Slim was better than I expected, but there’s just something about it doesn’t look right, and I’m pretty sure it’s that the tank looks like it’s a bit raised, and so does the back fender (or maybe it’s that the fender is shorter). I like the new foot boards.
4) The Street Bob I saw had these wrinkle black bars that made it look really cheap.

I didn’t look at any Touring bikes because I have zero interest in them. The one bike I WAS hoping to see was a Deluxe, and they hadn’t gotten one in yet.

Old 10-01-2017 | 07:52 AM
jz78817
Road Master

I'll say this- even though the new Heritage is almost exactly the same weight as my Switchback, it just felt like a much, much lighter bike.

Old 10-01-2017 | 08:27 AM
Wizardofaus
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by army_eod
Nope. No more V-ROD or Dyna. No automatic trans. No liquid cooling. No innovation. No new designs. No use of lighter materials so we don't push around a 900 pound lead sled. They are in trouble.
Yep, Ya can't tell me that Harley can't change out some of the build materials to make ya scoot lighter with out comperizing quality and improve power to weight ratio.

I know that thay have to keep with the single crank pin design , but they can improve other areas of the motor, Like come on 65 hp from a 1200 cc engine,

The Japs , Itailains , Austrians are getting this from their 1 lung engines with ease, So Harley getting 100 hp from 1200 cc is not unobtainable.

Wiz

Old 10-01-2017 | 03:20 PM
jz78817
Road Master

Originally Posted by Wizardofaus

The Japs , Itailains , Austrians are getting this from their 1 lung engines with ease, So Harley getting 100 hp from 1200 cc is not unobtainable.

Wiz
right, but if they did it from the factory how could they charge you Hundreds of Dollarsons for Screamin' Eagle upgrades?

Old 10-01-2017 | 04:26 PM
'Ol dirty biker
Road Warrior

Just test drove a SGS, Fat boy and the Breakout. WOW! Beautiful bikes. Was suprised how sturdy and stable the Fat boy felt, I could ride that bike all day and not get beat up, sure missed that shake and the sound of the pipes singin to me though. Still not spending that kinda money on a bike, the best part was getting back on my EVO after the test rides. It really reassured me how bad I want to add a Street Glide to go with the EVO though. Maybe a good low K used one, I wouldn't spend 40K on a fully loaded truck let alone a bike, to me that's just absurd

Quick Reply: After seeing the 2018 line-up, Are you going to buy?