General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me go to Sturgis

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 10:09 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help me go to Sturgis

ORIGINAL: route2null0

I want to go to Hawaii. If just 5 % of this forum would give me 5 bones.. I would have close to 1800 dollars.. that would do the trick.
A Hawaiin vacation for $1,800.00 bucks? Wow! Sign me up. I'm headed to Hawaii later in the year and I think I passed that $1,800.00 dollar mark longbefore the plane'll even touch ground.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:18 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: darkside

Your paying fora service he is providing ,nothing more nothing less.If your not interested then don't take him up on it/if you are then it's a good deal.Buncha judgemental B!TCHES/ funny thing is it's always the same fukken ones whinnin like a bunch a old hens/fukken pathetic!
I agree that he is providing a service and I personally have no problem with it. I'm just saying that it is obviously not going over well so it would be best to limit the damage.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:24 PM
2BKFXDL
Road Master

Your paying for a service he is providing ,nothing more nothing less.If your not interested then don't take him up on it/if you are then it's a good deal.Buncha judgemental B!TCHES/ funny thing is it's always the same fukken ones whinnin like a bunch a old hens/fukken pathetic!
Nothing judgemental about it....and I am not criticizing......I am just saying that this is not a need....it is a want, a desire and that such things in my book don't get donated to....regardless, it is still a beg for money to take a pleasure trip and it is still tacky, unprofessional and panhandling.

My car needs a repair.
I need a new roof.
I want new shoes.
I need another bike.
I wanna go to a bike rallie.

G*ddamn......where does it end?

Spades are spades.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:24 PM
darkside
Banned

Not directed at you Denim.You gave some solid advise without judgement.It's for the little minded pirhanas that feel the need to kick a man while he's Down and then hang around to see what other people say to try and ad some meaning to their Sh1tty little lives.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:28 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member

Not directed at you Denim.You gave some solid advise without judgement.It's for the little minded pirhanas that feel the need to kick a man while he's Down and then hang around to see what other people say to try and ad some meaning to their Sh1tty little lives.
I get it. I saw that it wasn't a reply to me but, since it came right after my post, I wanted to clarify so nobody else misinterpreted. Thanks!

Old 06-11-2007, 10:30 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior

You just gotta' love this forum. People will - with no reservations nor hesitations whatsoever - quickly donate to causes such as: helping folks make their bike payments, pay their rent (all the while they seemingly continue to spend/shop as though they 'had' funds), solicit funds on behalf of 'a friend', etc. No one gets slammed. No one calls into question their fiscal responsibilities or possible financial mismanagements, etc. Nothing.

But here we have a board sponsor who is very candid is both his offering of his company's services at a discount in an effort to acquire the necessary funds so that he can make the trek to Sturgis. A 'win-win' situation if you will. No sooner than his thread is posted, people start slamming him for the audacity of his proposal. Gimme' a break.

I think that if you're are not into taking him up on his offer, move on. There are several on here whose 'money handling' skills (or lack thereof) are much more worthy of critique than that of this particular gentleman. Personally, I'm sick of the, "Help, I need money, life is so unfair, it's never my fault, send money to this e-mail address via paypal". Yet, in some cases, no later than 24 hours these same individuals are postingon the boards soliciting opinions as to 'what they should buy next for their bike, etc?" You mean, "What they should buy with all that fkn' money everyone donated for what they thought was a due cause at the time." WTF!!!???

Old 06-11-2007, 10:36 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: TxHarleyGuy2007

You just gotta' love this forum. People will - with no reservations nor hesitations whatsoever - quickly donate to causes such as: helping folks make their bike payments, pay their rent (all the while they seemingly continue to spend/shop as though they 'had' funds), solicit funds on behalf of 'a friend', etc. No one gets slammed. No one calls into question their fiscal responsibilities or possible financial mismanagements, etc. Nothing.

But here we have a board sponsor who is very candid is both his offering of his company's services at a discount in an effort to acquire the necessary funds so that he can make the trek to Sturgis. A 'win-win' situation if you will. No sooner than his thread is posted, people start slamming him for the audacity of his proposal. Gimme' a break.

I think that if you're are not into taking him up on his offer, move on. There are several on here whose 'money handling' skills (or lack thereof) are much more worthy of critique than that of this particular gentleman. Personally, I'm sick of the, "Help, I need money, life is so unfair, it's never my fault, send money to this e-mail address via paypal". Yet, in some cases, no later than 24 hours these same individuals are posting no the boards soliciting opinions as to 'what they should buy next or their bike, etc?" You mean, "What they should buy with all that fkn' money everyone donated for what they thought was a due cause at the time." WTF!!!???
TX---In defense of some others here---The threads I saw were other members asking for help for a fellow member. I never saw a member ask for themselves. (I don't mean Mike here). I am reacting to your post. You state your case in such a way that would suggest that people have been begging on the forum. I have never seen those posts...perhaps I missed them. I have seen other members rally to help people here and I have seen people both accept the help graciously and I have also seen people turn down the help.Either you have it wrong or you have different threads in mind than I do.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:41 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: DenimStreet

You state your case in such a way that would suggest that people have been begging on the forum. I have never seen those posts...perhaps I missed them.
In my opinion, some have. They have shamelessly and without any account for self accountability accepted monies sent their way. When, in my opinion, other methods 'of sacrifice' could have (and should have) been undertaken prior to accepting funds in such a fashion. I'm all for helping folks. But folks should take every measure to help themselves prior to taking that step toward solicitation and acceptance. Merely my opinion, mind you.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:42 PM
route2null0
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Who said he was down? Who's kickin? My life is > sh1tty. Keep spreadin yer gospel bruddah...

Old 06-11-2007, 10:47 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: TxHarleyGuy2007

ORIGINAL: DenimStreet

You state your case in such a way that would suggest that people have been begging on the forum. I have never seen those posts...perhaps I missed them.
In my opinion, some have. They have shamelessly and without any account for self accountability accepted monies sent their way. When, in my opinion, other methods 'of sacrifice' could have (and should have) been undertaken prior to accepting funds in such a fashion. I'm all for helping folks. But folks should take every measure to help themselves prior to taking that step toward solicitation and acceptance. Merely my opinion, mind you.
You are, of course, entitled to your opinion. I, however, don't see any shame in accepting help that somebody offers out of friendship and camaraderie. If you didn't ask for the help and people rally to give you a helping hand it is perfectly acceptable (especially if it is a surprise to you when it happens). I assure you that the people you are referring to would be the first in line to help out if someone else needed it. That is quite different than asking for it.

Quick Reply: Help me go to Sturgis