General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me go to Sturgis

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 07:42 PM
DocHarley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Help me go to Sturgis

I'd gladly give 5 bucks to any mod who would close this thread.

Old 06-11-2007, 07:44 PM
dynamike74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: DocHarley

Why?

Old 06-11-2007, 07:45 PM
dynamike74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: celtlion

Wow, I'm not sure why everyone's digging into Mike here??

I think his offer was optional and he is an DHF site sponsor. If you don't want to contribute you don't have to - but he is offering something in return. I personally like the website so $5 coming at ya Mike.
Thanks man!

Old 06-11-2007, 08:05 PM
billk
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dynamike74

ORIGINAL: billk

Also, everytime I look at one your "links", I am blasted with your pop-up from Brain Bucket Magazine advertisers...so I don't open them anymore. Perhaps they can contribute.
Bill,

When was the last time you visited? We have removed all advertising pop-ups. We removed these at the request of a subscriber on May 30.

The only reason you should get a pop-up is that the site is trying to tell you that you have a PM.
As stated before, being blasted with your pop-ups I never opened your threads. That being said how was I to know that you stopped this practice about 12 days ago. Thank God. I hope there wasn't another motive for these...like to sell me more $hit. What was I to think?

Old 06-11-2007, 09:03 PM
x2lee
Banned

Hah! I just told my wife she is famous! or I should have said infamous...

ORIGINAL: LowriderFXRS

ORIGINAL: zukeeper

really ??!! me too !! I didn't know it until somebody posted about fringe on bikes , but I'm taking the news well

Now THAT'S funny !!

Old 06-11-2007, 09:11 PM
x2lee
Banned

Rekon it was a bad idea to be creative in this fashion? Maybe you should just offered the discount for the 5 buck fee and said
"all proceeds are going to sending a poor biker to sturgis"

advertising backlash is a biatch!
Good luck Mike.

ORIGINAL: dynamike74

ORIGINAL: DocHarley

Why?

Old 06-11-2007, 09:21 PM
2BKFXDL
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I judge contributions that I make based on my determination of the requestors needs......not exclusively their stated needs but what their needs appearto be to me based on what they have told me, the look in their eyes, their appearance and their general attitude.

It is easy to see the needs of a hungry family, a shelter for kids or battered women, a veterans group or the family broken down on the side of the road with no gas or food money.

Helping those who can't help themselves in a time of crisis and helping those who are devoting themselves to helping others is right, honorable and proper. My wife and I do those things on a regular basis because we feel that one should.

While it is true that some sort of $$$$ deal is being offered to those who contribute therein making such contribution a give and take scenario I personally can't find any reason why anyone should donate $5 to you just because you have an itch to go to sturgis. Truthfully, I find such a request tacky and lacking in cooth regardless of your offered deal.

If you want to go to sturgis start planning for it before it happens rather than coming to a group of grown people who gather together to discuss bikes.

Everyone has needs and I am quite certain you consider this one to be legitimate.

Thats the sad part.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:32 PM
route2null0
Road Master

I'm calling BS on this. I want to go to Hawaii. If just 5 % of this forum would give me 5 bones.. I would have close to 1800 dollars.. that would do the trick. And this 'getting something in return'.. give me a break. How much is that really costing you? Not near that much. I have given to a couple of causes on this forum and have yet to receive a personal 'thanks'. That's ok.. I have no regrets about that whatsoever... Karma is good and I'm all about hookin a brother in need out. This however stinks to high heaven. I will just drive through.

I'm going to start a new thread... 'Everyone send me a bottle of Jack Daniels'

Old 06-11-2007, 10:01 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 06-11-2007, 10:04 PM
darkside
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your paying for a service he is providing ,nothing more nothing less.If your not interested then don't take him up on it/if you are then it's a good deal.Buncha judgemental B!TCHES/ funny thing is it's always the same fukken ones whinnin like a bunch a old hens/fukken pathetic!

Quick Reply: Help me go to Sturgis