General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me go to Sturgis

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 05:32 PM
Bobby Joe
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help me go to Sturgis

Dynamike, I'm not bustin your chops and I'll send you the $5.00 bucks but I need an adress. Ya wanna send it tp my e-mail Fine but I don't do Pay Pal. I don't need nuttin in return. Give me an addrss and I'll mail ya the $5.00

Old 06-11-2007, 05:34 PM
Bobby Joe
Cruiser

OH "Thanks" For being a site sponser

Old 06-11-2007, 05:36 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: dynamike74

Thanks for seeing through the stuff that it looks like most people can't.

I also understand what you mean when you say it's hard to make a living doing what I'm doing. I get it all the time with brides that hire the guy to shoot their wedding for peanuts and get "full rights" to the images or have a friend do it for free. With all of the technology out there, lots of people think that they can do just as good as someone who's been doing it for years and puts their lives at stake with every shutter release. We have had to adapt as photographers and be creative with how we market ourselves.
I wholeheartedly agree, Mike. Neither a 35mm or digital camera does a photographer make. I've always had a love of photography and have always had the deepest respect and regard for what I considered to be 'professional photographers'. I've been fortunate in times past in that I've had several photographs I've taken sold to commercial enterprises for their publication. I wouldn't call myself a professional by any stretch of the imagination as a result. That said, I hope my earlier post did not offend you or come across as my discounting your profession? If that's were the case, please accept my apologies. I've nothing but respect for your presence here on the boards coupled with the fact that I truly enjoy reading your articles therein. Lastly, my t-shirt offer would most definitely surpass the $5.00 dollar donation to which you were seeking. I don't expect folks to do such a favor (get a couple of t-shirts) 'on the cheap'.

Old 06-11-2007, 05:37 PM
dynamike74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bobby Joe

OH "Thanks" For being a site sponser
You're welcome. There are few sites that I choose to advertise on. I'm glad I chose this one.

Mike

Old 06-11-2007, 05:55 PM
dynamike74
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: TxHarleyGuy2007

I wholeheartedly agree, Mike. Neither a 35mm or digital camera does a photographer make. I've always had a love of photography and have always had the deepest respect and regard for what I considered to be 'professional photographers'. I've been fortunate in times past in that I've had several photographs I've taken sold to commercial enterprises for their publication. I wouldn't call myself a professional by any stretch of the imagination as a result. That said, I hope my earlier post did not offend you or come across as my discounting your profession? If that's were the case, please accept my apologies. I've nothing but respect for your presence here on the boards coupled with the fact that I truly enjoy reading your articles therein. Lastly, my t-shirt offer would most definitely surpass the $5.00 dollar donation to which you were seeking. I don't expect folks to do such a favor (get a couple of t-shirts) 'on the cheap'.
I didn't take what you said that way at all. No feelings hurt or hard feelings. I was just expounding on what you said from my point of view. I can get mad about it all day long, but it doesn't change the fact that people still do it. I've had to get creative and offer things that others can't.

There's a photographer in my area that thinks he can make a living off of shooting models, for their portfolios. He has a real hard time with photographers that shoot models for trade and not cash. He thinks we should all charge and be done with it.

It's a great philosophy, but there are plenty of good photographers who are willing to shoot models at no charge. I am one. I'm not saying that I will shoot every single one at no charge, but if Carmen Electra walked into my studio and said, "I wanna do a fashion editorial for my portfolio, will you shoot it in trade for a promotional release from me?" I'd be stupid to say know. It's about networking.

He got plumb mad at me! I said, "Listen man, if me choosing to shoot some models at no charge is killing your business you either need to change your business model or get out of it altogether." He and I aren't friends anymore.

You are right however, that selling the type of stuff that I do on Brain Bucket isn't going to make me rich for the reasons you stated. You put things in such a way as to make it clear that you are sharing your point of view and that it's not meant as a reflection of that person, but rather their actions and choices. I respect that about you and wish more people could do the same.

And no, I'm not kissing your azz 'cause you said you would help me either.

Mike

Old 06-11-2007, 06:05 PM
The Vig
Advanced

Hi I am New. I am actuall on my way to picking up my 07 Road glide on the train.
Is Brain Bucet ont an E pub? I think any pub can make moneyif promoted properly. Also I am the only guy on my train surfing the interet, so Paper publishing can go along way toward getting advertisers to pay you.
If you are interested in discussing I would be open to helping. I have been in the printing Business since 1980 and with todays technology there is a million ways to get this off the ground.

Old 06-11-2007, 06:11 PM
billk
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: anubisss

Why don't you have it?
I sponsored this forum. Sponsoring this forum is not cheap!
Mmmmm. Thanks for sponsoring this forum; maybe you should have saved the $ for the rally...

Old 06-11-2007, 06:16 PM
dynamike74
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: billk

ORIGINAL: anubisss

Why don't you have it?
I sponsored this forum. Sponsoring this forum is not cheap!
Mmmmm. Thanks for sponsoring this forum; maybe you should have saved the $ for the rally...
That's a choice I made and I'm not asking for handouts or telling anyone how bad I've got it. I'm offering something in return. Plus, if I didn't sponsor this forum, I wouldn't even had made the post, 'cause I wouldn't have been allowed to, nor would it have been the right thing to do. I'm not sorry I sponsored this forum.

If I get to go, great. If not, I won't die. I'm already half-way toward my goal.

Thanks for the advice though.

Old 06-11-2007, 06:18 PM
LowriderFXRS
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm planning to buy a new Ferrari. If all you dudes on the forumwould eachsend me $100 I could buy it without having to take my own money out of the bank.

Thanks for your support.

Old 06-11-2007, 06:21 PM
dynamike74
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: LowriderFXRS

I'm planning to buy a new Ferrari. If all you dudes on the forumwould eachsend me $100 I could buy it without having to take my own money out of the bank.

Thanks for your support.
What are you going to give us in return? I am offering something in return you know. Failed to read the whole post there, buddy?

Quick Reply: Help me go to Sturgis